Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod note Post #1 - All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2022 (Liam McCarthy Cup)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah it's crazy timing alright

Purpose of it is for the 'club' player but the J1s will play there part.

Tbh even in 2021 with covid the GAA still go through the season with the traditional timing of it (June-September)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Rosita

Yeah, they wouldn't be great travellers. Probably to do with not having any tradition of a provincial championship. But at a practical level, Ballinasloe to Wexford would be a 5 hour plus return drive for a match that's on television anyway and is not knockout. Nearly a full day (and work day for many) given up for that, plus the increased cost of petrol at the moment.

I think in the round robin people will increasingly pick and choose their games. Going to every championship game now is a rich man's business in the disposable income sense anyway.

Galway look bang average. Could get enough of it to get out of Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Brave performance from Westmeath

Always seems teams like themselves and Laois among others can't last the full game against the bigger teams

• Registered Users Posts: 30 laymansterms

I thought we travelled in good numbers tbh considering for me at least its an 8 hr round trip.

We would only really be used to travelling to Croker and semple stadium anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 laymansterms

I thought we travelled in good numbers tbh considering for me at least its an 8 hr round trip.

We would only really be used to travelling to Croker and semple stadium anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh it’s tough. I suppose it eventually comes down to squad depth at times, rather than better quality hurlers. Similarly I guess some smaller teams pump themselves up so much before a big match for that they can blow their load quickly ‘getting stuck in’

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Grats

It shows the lunacy of home and away fixtures where Galway are involved in Leinster. The Leinster Council should have stuck with Tullamore as a neutral venue for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Don't see why Galway shouldn't get home games, also it's not really the Leinster championship anymore, more so anyone who's not in Munster championship.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Home and away is a great idea. The Tullamore situation for Galway was so unfair. But for there to be only 10200 at the match was very poor from Wexford. Its one of only 2 home games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Brian017

I know the reasons but it was lunacy starting the championship in mid April. Some of my best memories as a kid was going to matches on a hot summers day. Now there’ll be teams in hurling and football out of the championship before the secondary schools close never never mind the primary ones. If they don’t want to go back to a September finish that’s fine but at least the championship shouldn’t be starting until mid May imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Shane Dowling alleges that Chin took longer over his levelling free than Cooney did over the one that got pulled up.

There was a fundamental difference between the two though. Cooney didn't have to spend so long over a defensive free, Chin rightly took time to compose himself. I bet there wouldn't be zilch if it was TJ or Hoggie standing over it.

Speaking of which, if TJ or Hoggie were man-handled as often as ROC was yesterday, it'd be a free everytime. Grabbing the arm is a far bigger scourge than the throw-pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Kudos to the Decies on a proper rendition of the national anthem

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good recovery by Tip, settled well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Waterford would want to get going again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Perfect handpass, blown up as a free, joke.

Prunty having a mare

Tipp full value for the 5 point lead at the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

That’s an excellent save there but you’d have expected Forde to bury that.

Fine save but he should have buried it from that position. Tip 6 up and Waterford are all over the place.

• Advertisement

Waterford forwards need to learn to pull on the ball, goal was gaping.

4 pointer for Tipp

Dirty stroke by Kiely

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭conor05

i knew if Stephen Bennett was held, Waterford would be clueless up front!

Tipp forwards miles ahead!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Wild swing and did the referee even speak to the umpires?

Waterford doing well before ht to get it back to 4 points.

O'Brien in the waterford goal, looks fairly jittery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Would have thought pulling across someone's head would be an automatic red?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Would have said he's Waterford best player. Some serious mistakes by the defence leading to scores.

I do agree with the fact that Cooney should have taken it quicker. I think it was 45seconds when he blew to throw it in.

But there was an element of the ref adjusting his decision making based on time/score etc which is just nonsense.

You cant give one team less time because they're winning the game and time is nearly up.

Wonder how long Cluxton took in the 2011 final given he strolled up before even getting the kick ready.

I'd file a complaint about the ref if it was my decision, even his other decisions were all over the place.. for and against both teams.

• Advertisement

Only two attempts by Barrett to get opponents booked/sent off so far and of course he should have been black carded himself

Advertisement