Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swatch X Omega

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

And offer accepted at 375 for it, one born every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, it looks pretty **** in fairness. Genuinely, if I have to keep and I wasn't allowed to sell it on or give it away, I wouldn't take it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

It looks fairly plastic fantastic in the pastel colours alright. If the crown and pushers were metal it would help a lot with it's appearance. You really are paying for the Omega speedy connection a regular Swatch Chrono is half the price and arguably even at that over priced as you are paying for the Swatch name and swiss made. You'd get a lot more watch for your money even at that price point with Citizen, Seiko or Casio

• Registered Users Posts: 64,765 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Balls. The Swatch boutique in the city I'm in now told me they aren't authorized to sell the moon swatches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Here come the fakes.The delay in swatch releasing the watches gave a good head start for the fakers .Probably be no different in the hand though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Sigh....see this is why we can't have nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I can see the moonswatches on swatch.com but the button to add to cart is greyed out.

I tried a couple of territories, UK, etc, and it seems to be the same.

Are they actually available yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Ian OB

The fakes won't stain your wrist? #FakeWatchBusting

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭j2

No longer going to be available online apparently, some flippers must be delighted with that news.

That should help sales of the fake ones that are available online 😃

Taken from reddit, this is the queue at 8.30 this morning in London apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I’m going to make an assumption that most of those waiting won’t be holding onto the watch for too long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Back packs and hoodies, face down in a phone and stylish facial hair....the flipper uniform.

Probably already online for sale, ebay has a lot but i don't think you can see when the ad's we're posted?

Post edited by funkyouup on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

Where are we buying these from when the dust settles? They have an online presence in Ireland? No shops stock them here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

3 on adverts now I see. Seller looks suspect though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Is this stupidity still happening?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

One of the members of another forum I frequent has a few contacts in the Swiss industry(fairly heavy hitting vintage collector) and he was told recently by one in Swatch that these won't be an ongoing unlimited run and they'll stop producing them towards the end of the year, but are looking to other similar tie ins. Also that they were caught completely off guard by the popularity frenzy around them. The same chap was ahead of the game in noting that Swatch had backtracked and they wouldn't be selling online after all, so there might be something to this.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

That's going to keep the frenzy going for a good while then. I've a brother in law in London I was going to ask if he could pick one up for me but not going to while there's still queues like that.

Looks like Omega had no idea what a masterstroke this new moonwatch was going to be 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

If that's all true then those ones reselling for €1k might seem like a bargain in a few years 🤔

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm not so sure SC. They're very of the moment, beany babies for the wrist and while there will no doubt be niche collectors like for anything I doubt they have any legs in the wider collector community. Even if Swatch stop production at the end of the year they will have made squillions of them by then, never mind the fakers rattling them out.

They're also a very cheap watch in the flesh, like 100 quid's worth and 150 for the name and overall design. Yep I saw one last week and had it in the hand(Mars one). Client of mine and felt a bit daft asking her for a pic of it. I expected it to be cheap, but it felt very flimsy and the strap was already starting to show wear and tear.

No doubt brand new in box unworn will hold some sort of premium, but less than in the past when people weren't looking to "future collectablity" nearly as much as today.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I reckon the market will be flooded and the prices will drop below retail due to all the speculative buyers trying to offload theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Thanks for the info; i hadf hoped to pick up a Mission to Mars to pair with my Alaska Project. The flimsiness would probably be all the more obvious if I wore them alternately.

Adrian is spot on in his comments / review

Watch looks a lot better on one of his NATOs too, that was a grand plug for himself 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Are these still available in London and are the queues still nuts if so? Passing through over the next few days.

TIA

Advertisement