Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,025 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Do half of them even know who or what they’re protesting against I wonder?

Abusing civil service staff going in to work too calling them paedos because…eh, logic. Irony of them calling Healy-Rae a scumbag.

As for “this is our country”. Takes more than wrapping a flag around you to be a good citizen. Not much more - just little things like contributing to society and not behaving like thugs. Sickens me that this lot see themselves as the real Irish.

I also wonder how many fail to recognise the state but still accept whatever it gives them and don’t bother voting. Clearly they don’t understand democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What am I wathing there? Can bearly make out what most of them are actually complaining about.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,156 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A lot of down and outs there, many on drink and drugs.

This crowd has been getting away with murder for years in Dublin.

The do gooders just won't accept they need to be cleared out of Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

‘Ballybrack Says No’ were there. I assume this is the same pyjama wearing women and their knuckle dragging partners who were blocking access to potential refugee housing in Ballybrack over the summer. A lovely example of Irish citizenship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Agreed, law needs to start coming down like a ton of bricks on these scum. The softly softly approach only emboldens them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The extremist nonsense on all sides is beyond tiring at this stage.

The ones most vocal about the "far right" in Ireland (mostly just unemployed scumbags) are the same ones against tougher policing and harsher sentencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

I think there has been a demonisation of politicians over the last decade or so, quite different to what we had before. Those you disagreed with (government politicians) are not just people with different views to your better ideas, rather they are evil, corrupt, cruel, traitors etc. It started with the likes of Paul Murphy harassing Joan Burton. Let's not pretend that this sort of behavior is something new, it is just new for the likes of PBP to be on the receiving end of it, they were all for it when dishing it out. In my opinion they have basically lost control of the mob they created.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭delusiondestroyer

The LGBTQ are out of control at this point id imagine its drawing all sorts of lunatics against them. The whole movement is dragging on at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Imagine it's similar people to those who are harassing library staff that plenty of posters tend justify.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Exactly what it is. Even a poster here says this is all the fault of the LGBTQ community for daring to want to just simply exist.

Making up excuses instead of calling this out for what it is. Pond life scum bringing a gallows out because they have different political views.

And then draping themselves in flags when they are behaving against what the tricolour is supposed to mean.

Zero surprises people here are downplaying it and making excuses. Boards has been allowing them to get away with murder.

One person seemed to defend it.

The rest here know this sort of behaviour is inexcusable in Ireland.

The Gardai seemed out of their depth in defending Michael Healy Rae.

But again had the Gardai used force on the scum there, the do gooders like Paul Murphy would be complaining about Garda brutality.

That's.... not really clarifying anything, but thanks anyway...

They are relentlessly out protesting and marching people are burnt from it, people cant get away from it they are in schools, shops , work... literally invading peoples lives. Im not surprised people are getting annoyed and turning against it.

13 people arrested. No doubt all of them are unemployed.

They'll receive free legal aid and won't have their dole docked.

THAT was the LGBTQ outside Leinster House harasseing poitiicians? This is getting more cryptic by the post...

This lad pretty much sums it up, also that wasnt what i was originally replying to.

It's abit of an awkward one for the LGBTQ community too considering his gay lol

It started out looking for acceptance now its forced compliance...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Just like other criminals that commit other crimes across the State.

You are talking in riddles. None of what you are saying makes any sense.

There was a far right protest outside the Dail today that was anti Immigrant, anti refugee, anti transgender, anti democratic, violent and threatening and abusive.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

You are watching violent thugs associated with far right parties like Ireland First and Irish Freedom Party along with different far right individuals like Fergus Power, Mike Connell, Rowan Croft, Malachy Steenson, Andy Heassman screaming at a TD. They had been at a far right protest which had hosted speakers who were spewing hatred and bile against refugees, asylum seekers, immigrants, trans people, vaccinated people. They violently abused and harassed lots of people walking in and out of leinster house all day including throwing a bottle of piss. 13 of them were arrested.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Against ineffective “tougher” policing and against ineffective “harsher” sentencing. Cracking skulls isn’t the answer, bit of emotional intelligence is required, and (God forbid!) treating people like humans instead of animals.

If you keep banging your head off a wall, all you’ll get is a headache. Time to change the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

It's too easy just to dismiss this as a far right fringe, as that makes it easy to dismiss and to ignore. Clearly the time for ignoring this has now passed and these protests have taken a turn. It's important to understand what is driving these, as you'll find that these protests are dominated by working class people, traditionally very left.

My own theory is that it's not just economic factors and access to housing but that the pace of social change has outstripped some working class communities ability to adapt. When communities feel that they are not being listened to angry outbursts are not unheard of.

There's two ways for the State to react - suppress and stamp it out, or react and change course. Neither course is really palatable. A reaction is required though because this stuff is going to nibble away continuously at public life until it is addressed.

So you think the policing situation today was grand?

healy rae was an awful ejit for walkin out into that and the gardai were even worse for allowing it. They could have just let em shout at the doors they'd have got bored and went home.

I think people feel like alot of this stuff is being forced on them, between vaccines, immigration and lgbtq. Its always going to get peoples backs up if you parachute in 100 refugees into a village without asking the locals, same with railroading people into getting vaccinated and punishing people for having concerns about some aspects of LGBTQ.

Anything forced is always going to breed resistance, like imagine someone on the dole for what ever reason be it right or wrong an irish citizen born and bred desperate to get a house waiting for years and in rocks refugees and there housed instantly... i dont condone it but i can see how it would piss people off.

I don't think it should be dismissed or ignored but it is very clearly a far right protest movement.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I wasn't forced into getting vaccinated, LGBTQ people have no negative impact upon my life(anti vaxxers have actually, they declared a relative of mine died due to the vaccine, they had not) and thankfully I'm not in a situation where I have to flee a warzone.... Are you a big Gemma fan too?

• Advertisement

Some people in working class communities have been exploited and lead down a garden path of othering and creating unneccesary fear of minorities based on disinformation and radicalisation.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement