Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'Arcy's screw up of the day

Options
  • 02-03-2022 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭

A place to record the rare occasions when Ray comes out second best to a bit of technology. Of course, Ray is never to blame for these incidents

From today;

About 15 mins in Ray tries to go to ads. Cue some audible fumbling and Ray saying "there's no ads there". The producer could be head in his ear directing him. After the ads run and we go back to the show Ray wistfully says "The computer says no today"

Also at 4pm (ish) whe handing over to the nuacht Ray gets the newsreader's name wrong, again

Post edited by leath_dub on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Great idea.

I was very tempted recently to take an entire episode of the show, edit everything else out instead of that dumbass slurping sound he makes at the end of each sentence, and send the resulting five to ten minutes of audio to RTE by way of a complaint.

Then I realised I'd be wasting no ones time but my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Are we talking Foley or D’arcy here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

fcuked up the hand over from Liveline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

3.01pm cut the finish promo for LiveLine short, brief second of silence before Ray announcing news 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭leath_dub

That one took me by surprise! That surely must be a world record time for Ray's first daily screw up?

Again - feck's sake

15.04 fcuks up again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

3.05pm Rays own show intro....computer says no... But he got there eventually 😂

This thread could get very long, very fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Couldn't find the right button after the news at 3, but it was the computer's fault. Have a feeling that this is going to be a busy thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Well done Raymond 4 days back and at least 3 fcuk ups

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'll just leave this here:

As relevant today as it was when first made.

Printer 1 - Ray 0

3:18 - "Computer says no" again as Ray makes a mess of playing the Liam Og Flynn track

Intro screwup no. 5625

I had found that the only reason I had even been listening to the show was to document the regular mess ups by Ray. I didn't think that was a particularly good use of time so I just stopped listening.

I forgot to swiutch off after the Liveline extravaganza today so I inadvertantly heard the 3pm news and the handover to Ray.

In fairness to Ray, he never fails to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He breaks his own record nearly daily.

Messed up inside about 2sec today again.

If someone outside of Ireland who didn't know who Darcy is heard his show they'd probably think he was new to the job or in a new studio or something, not a guy who has been a radio host for approx 30yrs and who earns 400k a year.

Ray had a recording of the correct way to say Worcester / Worcestershire sauce on his phone. Did it play 🤔 🙄

Course not 😆 phone said no 😁

a hat-trick of balls up there

make that four

• Advertisement

blames covid

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Dynomutt

Ray was excited about a four day break because when you get back to work, "you have to remind yourself how to do things, always a good sign", possibly unaware that he doesn't know how to do things on his programme daily.

Ray screws up the audio in the guest's headphones by havinf the levels too high. Not his fault though - "Sorry about that but we're in a different studio today" 🙄

It's never his fault,l it's just a rayism 🤔

Not a screwup as such, but back from ads at 3:59. Time for An Nuacht, Ray? No - back to Coman Noctor for another question (which Ray took nearly a minute and a half to read)

It's indicaative of what a sloippy operation this show is - is there no producer to keep things on track?

Nuacht at 4:03

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

I bet ray thinks of himself as quite an accomplished lover beneath the sheets, he has that vibe, he will make sure the lady enjoys it, several times

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would wonder if the poor timing to Nuacht is deliberate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I'm not defending Ray, but An Nuacht is a pointless interruption to any programme, and probably only benefits the two people that listen to it. It's even more annoying at the start of the Ronan Collins show.

• Advertisement

The Nuacht used to be at 3:30 when Ray replaced Derek Mooney and Ray didn't take long or lose any opportunity to voice his irritation at it. After a few months it was relocated to it's slot on (near?) the hour. I kind of see the point of that, the news would hand over to Ray at 4 or 5 mins past 3 so it would be inconvenient to bail out of an interview at 3:30 to go to Nuacht. Once his tantrum had succeeded, and he got the Nuacht switched to 4pm he should make every effort to ensure it goes out on time - if only as a professional courtesy to his colleagues who have to hang around to suit Ray's schedule as he discusses "what's your favourite soup?" with whatever guest is in the studio that day

Advertisement