Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double GW28 Transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,167 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I had similar thinking with the BB in 36 but tbh I'm gone off it now. Trying to slowly rebuild a team with FTs over the next few months, not counting injuries and we have to guess some fixtures. I don't have second WC to set it up either.

Instead I'm gonna BB 28 or 29. Probably 28 now. And then start freeing up cash after 30.

Downgrade to a 4.whatever fodder. I don't need to be holding 3 subs going into the end of season I think. 2 will do me. Even a Ramsey + Livramento would be sufficient if I wanted to he really tight and get a very strong 11.

FH in 36 for 11 DGW.

TC in 33 for DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You could upgrade Coady to Saiss for a starter

Lukaku will 100% not start both games, may not start either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

FH Activated

Sa (Foster)

Saiss Thiago Silva Rudiger (Digne, Targett)

Coutinho Ward-Prowse Raphinha Mount Salah

Jiminez Adams (ASM)

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

That’s the idea tho.. BB typically see 15-20… the -12 is to bring in 3 x Chelsea who have 2 games & a Wolves defender. That’s 8 games.

i won’t transfer these players in otherwise as the Xi is all set up with doubles.

if I was sure you they’d score 32 id go for it.

i think the holding on of the BB is a sometimes to the detriment. Always holding a bench, spreading funds etc.. Don’t really want to be doing that as we head into business end of season & want more premiums.

Thats it I talked myself into it

DdG -> Mendy

Dias - James

Johnson -> Saiss

Bowen -> Havertz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

DGW fever has hit. I’m currently considering Weghorst to Chris Wood for -4!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Is it worth taking out Tierney for a Chelsea defender? Ready to BB for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

16 point hit taken to bring in 9 Dgw players. In the top 100k . Having made the transfers I'm not thinking maybe I should wildcard. Current plan is 4 4point hit next for salah and play triple captain. Use free hit in 30 . Wildcard later in preparation for 33 or 36dgw to use bench boost...

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Probably not with a double next week but then again it's a tough double so Chelsea defender could end up with more points... the more I type the more I think go for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

16 point hit is extreme, personally I would WC in that situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

-12 & BB locked and loaded!

See you all in the Matchday thread. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah have been in a similar boat a few times this season where Ive done transfers on a Thursday night because of predicted price rises and falls and then the market doesnt shift overnight. Luckily Ive yet to get stung with it but if I was a Dias owner right now I would be with the news he is injured for 4-6 weeks. Generally though if they are predicted to rise or fall on a Thursday and dont then they almost certainly will on a Friday night. But yeah FPLStats has handed out several bum steers this season which have meant Ive done transfers before press conference news which is a bit frustrating.

I think it is a decent team so long as you are comfortable going all in on Wolves defence and Chelsea defence. Be aware that Semedo is now injured and he is supposed to be the rock in the Wolves defence so things could be looser at the back, time will tell. I hold Saiss myself and am playing him but aware his clean sheets could get wiped if they Semedo missing effects them.

Who are you going to captain? Theres some decent options there. Im going Rudiger but if I had Raphina would probably go with him. Not sure on Coutinho despite his double, all his returns came in his first 3 games for Villa, he has been quiet since though he does have potential for a double digit haul.

If you are BBing then I think its worth it though it does mean missing out on Tierneys double next week (one is v Liverpool though so unlikely CS there). You also have to absorb Rudiger not playing in GW30 but that aside Chelseas fixtures are good for the next 5 or 6 gameweeks so my plan is to go with Rudiger for at least this gameweek and keep an eye on how James plays in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Sanchez and Pogba out for Sa and Willock for my eleventy-millionth hit of the season.

Bench Boost now active...rolling with Foster, White, Gallagher and Bilva..

Fairly underwhelming on paper but anything over minus 1 will be an improvement on last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Tandey

Will Vardy start? Fancy him for a double digit return v Leeds gainst Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,466 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did VVD to James. Think I regret it already. Bloody double gameweeks!

Depends on which one IMO. You have to way up which players players play 3 games.

Ben White probably does. Reece James won't. Rudiger will. Thiago Silva probably only the DGWA. Tierney is a risk for only 2 starts out of 3.

Vardy starts tomorrow according to the Sam Martin Leicester guy who gets the Leicester team news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

-8 taken as the week went on: Ronaldo, Reguilon, Bowen to Kane, Rudiger, Willock.

Still have the WC, BB and 2 free hits to play, one of which will be in 30. Thoughts of BB now with DDG Mahrez Weghorst White? When is another potential point to use it? Was thinking of WC 35 then BB 36 but then unsure of when to use the other FH. Head melted lol

• Advertisement

Thats ballsy but a fair punt too. James a player I want back but playing it safe with Rudiger for this double. Though I think I read Azpi is injured which would mean Tuchels hand on playing James is forced somewhat?

After convincing myself not to play the BB this week and leaving it to 36 Im now staring at a bench of Ramsdale, Saka, Ramsey (doubling) and Weghorst and thinking of using it. If Arsenal kept a CS v Watford and a single Ramsey return in his two games then it would be around 20 points assuming Weggie blanks v Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I decided against using the WC. Did a -8 for what I believe is the first time this season: Ronaldo, Gallagher, Van Dijk out for Kane, Raphinha and Rudiger.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Could you -4 out Weghorst for a GW 28 DGW striker that also has a fixture in 30 ?

Jimenez maybe ?

Once the player you bring in scores more than 6 it would be a worthwhile. Especially if you need players for 30.

hey K, great to see you back. I own Jiminez and he is on the pitch despite him being benched last Sunday, its total DGW fever for better or worse. Im on a -4 already, I did consider a -8 to get rid of Weghorst for Adams who doubles. Im FHing in GW30 anyway so covered on that GW, iirc the latest is only 8 teams play butt he FH will cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

On WC. Current draft:

Sa Foster

White TAA Digne Rudiger Kilman

Salah JWP Coutinho Willock Ramsey

Kane Jimi Adams

Edit: Swapped Raphina and Saka to Coutinho and Willock. That could backfire but let’s see.

I’m now torn on JWP vs Raphina. Who would people pick?

Post edited by sheroman01 on

Well if you’re free hitting in 30 then it’s not likely to be worth it.

Although if you’re starting Weghorst then your bench must be muck and I can’t imagine who your first sub is if you’re playing Weghorst ahead of him.

You’d be needing a cheap striker, I presume, that doubles and will get more than 6 points AND be someone you’d want going forward. Slim pickings.

Ings, Wood, Broja, Adams and possibly Hwang being your only options. Would be an Ings punt if I had to pick one as I already own Broja and Wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

-8: Pogba -> Fraser/Willock, Bowen -> Raphina, Obafemi --> Adams

Or

-12: Pogba --> Fraser/Willock, Bowen --> Raphina, Obafemi --> Broja, White --> Rudiger

BB with: Foster (Sanchez), Digne Cancelo TAA Coady (Rudiger/White), Raph Fraser Mo Bruno Luis Diaz, Broja/Adams Dennis Watkins

Never taken anything above an 8 before, seems bold but the average this week will be at least -4 so I will only be losing 8 points to the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Used the wildcard and will bench boost next week. My next problem is trying to figure out are some of my single Gameweek players going to do better than some of my double.

Currently thinking of

Foster (2)

Trent (1) Rudiger (2) Kilman (2) Tino (2)

Salah (1) Coutinho (2) Wilock (2) Jota (1)

Kane (1) Broja (2)

Subs Sanchez (1) Dennis (2) Cancelo (1) Saka (1)

Im wary of having Cancelo on the bench and even Dennis with his 2 games. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

Interesting comments about people looking for up to 20 points from BB. In my experience it is often a trap of a chip and many players end up worse off for using it.

The most popular strategy is to wildcard and BB the following week but that means you are picking 4 players to carry in your squad over several weeks purely for that one week’s bench boost. To properly asses the impact of BB, you’d need to compare your actual points over the 3-5 weeks after the wildcard with the squad you would have chosen if you’d ignored the BB chip entirely. Impossible to do precisely, but for many people I think BB ends up losing points.

Advertisement