Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double GW28 Transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I am currently thinking of bringing in dubravka because Newcastle also have a double the gameweek after . Also thinking broja for weghorst . -4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just running through something in my head. I can do Tarkowski and Weghorst to Kilman and Lacazette for a -4.

This would give me:

Dubravka*

TAA, Kilman*, Digne*, Saiss*

Salah, Son, Coutinho*, Raphinha*

Jimenez* Broja*

Ramsdale, Tierney, JWP*, Lacazette

Would you make those transfers and play BB if you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I could end up with 9 players in BGW 30 by banking transfer next week (I don't see one I'd make either) and then doing a -4 to get 3 players. I'd be happy with 9 players with only 4 fixtures taken place. I don't mind ending up with players I don't want as I'll be wildcarding GW31. I'll be FH GW36.

The issues I have are;

1) I have no Chelsea and no Arsenal players.

• It's a GW early to bring in an Arsenal player for a hit and Chelsea blank GW30 anyway.

2) I have my 7 DGW players for GW28 and my 3 Liverpool + Son to make up my Xi. Who could I drop to start a Chelsea asset, a Wolves asset or even Saiss for Wolves.

I really feel like I should just -12 for piece of mind. Finish this week with 5 BGW 30 players and then 3 transfers going into GW30 for a -4 to field 8. Like i'll be losing Johnson and I won't be playing him any GW except 30 & I wouldnt be confident he'll return away to Spurs. Similar sentiments towards Bowen and feel Havertz could return well in the 3 games before that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If I got word ASM is fit he would be perfect to get for the ill fated Edouard. Then Bowen out for a hit for a Leicester mid thus not dropping a GW30 player. Would be a potential BB of

Meslier (lei VILLA)

Cancelo (MU) or Leicester mid (LEE)

Odegaard (wat)

White (wat)

Reliant on Arsenal somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Oh, ASM being fit would change things considerably for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was going to do Bowen -> Raphinha to get a DGW player in, that also plays in GW30. Bowen's fixtures are not the best anyways and has a few blanks now.

But I wonder is Kulusevski a better option or trying to be too smart? He seems to be in a bit of decent form now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

If you were going for Newcastle attack, Willock or Fraser? Fraser looks good right now. Willock's end of season form could return!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Anyone able to put up a Captain poll?

Salah could probably still outscore most of the doublers.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Currently considering a -8 which will leave me with:

Sanchez (Foster*)

Cancelo TAA Coady* Digne* White

Raphina* Fraser* Salah Diaz Bruno

Broja* Dennis* Watkins*

Thinking of BB this week then get Son in for Bruno next week & FH in 30.

Now the question is do I go for a -12 and bring in Rudiger for White? Rudiger doubles this week, Newcastle at home next. FH in 30 so White playing then is irrelevant. White doubles next week but it's Leicester and Liverpool at home, could easily be 4 points where as rudiger has Burnley, Norwich and Newcastle. All with high CS potential. Worth the risk?

Same as @munster87 can't decide between Fraser/Willock, Fraser has higher xGA so siding with him at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,551 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Plan was to play bb this week and think I'll go ahead with it. Only transfer I'm looking at is possibly VVD to Rudiger. Would give me 9 doublers and bench of Ramsdale, Digne, Saka and Lacazette. All eggs in the Arsenal basket really. Don't want to sell any of them as I won't be using FH in 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Do spurs have a DGW on GW30? The grraph suggests they do, but it's not listed on the FPL website

No they don't, any teams included in the GW30 circle only have a single match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Was planning to WC but proving difficult to get a good team for BB next week so might hold and go -8. Think option B has less rotation risk

A. Laporte/Bilva/Antonio to James/Mount/Jiminez

Or

B. Antonio/Weghorst/Bilva to Kane/Broja/Ramsey

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I considered him as he does look decent. The problem though is Spurs themselves, recent form suggests that if they are playing an open game they can get bags of goals like 3 v City and 4 v Leeds. But as soon as a team parks the bus they struggle to even score, they didnt score v Burnley or v Middlesborough in 120 minutes in the FA Cup during the week.

In the xGA stats Fraser is the better pick but its really marginal between them, iirc it was 0.53 to 0.51 in Frasers favour so its really a coin toss between them. Im going Wilock myself but its not really based on anything except his form at the end of last season which really doesnt matter that much apart from his confidence being high.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Might help decision making on Newcastle for their double double

• Registered Users Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

See a lot of people bringing in Rudiger as Chelsea defensive cover,Thiago Silva is .2 cheaper and has better recent underlying stats…..think he will be my move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

So to bring in Chelsea midfielder, what are peoples thoughts arount Mount vs Jorginho?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

What is the story with player value!?Dunno how many times this season I've made transfers the day before because player was over 100 per cent about to go up or down in value then nothing happens and there under 100 again!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭JPup

Be useful if that Newcastle comparison showed how many minutes they’d played. Thanks for sharing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

ugh captain pick time, this feels like a big week. Gas how similar the twitter wildcard teams are

Coutinho seems to be edging it for most atm over Salah. I have it on Coutinho I fancy Willock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I went for budget option of ramsey, he's no spring chicken Coutinho anymore but he could have 20 minutes of magic easy, Salah a very tempting and safe option, West Ham are a bit rocky but still good at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I saw somewhere that Coutinho had total XG of 0.7 over the past 4 games. That's less than one goal over 4 weeks. Not great opportunities he's getting

Yeah I think it's the teams he's playing and fact Villa had a better result playing two up front the last day driving a lot of peoples choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Doing my 2nd Free Hit this week

Would Lukaku or Jiminez be the Captain choice for you?

I'm on Lukaku currently but funnily enough been toying with Jiminez

If I was picking on form and who's gonna play most between those two id go Jiminez but there's a risk with either of them to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Neither 😳

Jiminez is bang out of form and game time not consistent over the past few GWs.

Lukaku has burned me badly before with DGW, TC etc so personally I'd avoid.

There's surely better options out there if you're looking for a differential pick (?)

Advertisement