Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double GW28 Transfer thread

Options
  • 27-02-2022 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭

Deadline Saturday 11am

Villa, Leeds, Wolves, Southampton, Newcastle all have doubles.

Not sure what Im dong yet but considering getting Wilock who now has 2 goals in 2 games. Newcastle are listed as having a double double GW, does anyone know if the second double is dependent on games in the FA Cup? Would have to sell Bowen to get Wilock but think his time is up as WH run into some tough fixtures. Could also sell Saka to do it but he doubles next week.

Will also have to plan for GW29 when Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs all double. Have 7 from those but no Kane who is really back to form

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Only the GW30 fixtures are dependent on the FA Cup.

Bench boosting myself

Ramsdale Foster

TAA Van Dijk Kilman Digne Tierney

Salah Son Saka Raphinha Coutinho

Jimenez Weghorst Broja

Coutinho likely my captain, 7 doublers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Bruno out for one of Fraser (1 goal, 2 assists in last four) or Willock (goal in last two) for their back-to-back DGWs, with a view to adding a Pool defender for their DGW next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Plan (which will no doubt end up in the shredder before Saturday) is Tarkowski and Weghorst to Rudiger and ASM for a -4.

Will give me:

Dubravka,

TAA, Rudiger, Saiss

Salah, Son, Coutinho, Raphinha, JWP

ASM, Broja

Ramsdale, Jimenez, Digne, Tierney

Assuming no injuries (ha!) I’ll BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Originally planned on Saiss for Johnson but doubts now are

1) do I go Chelsea defender or 2) who would i bench?

My team has 7 DGW players in

Martinez , Livramento

Ramsey, JWP

Jiminez, Broja, Dennis

My single GW players are Trent, Robbo, Salah & Son.

My bench is DdG, Dias, Bowen & Johnson.

Really punty move would be to whip my bench for -12 & bring in

Mendy, Rudiger, Saiss & Havertz. Would those 4 players hit 32 points to justify??

Anyone any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cant edit the OP but omitted that Watford also double.

And now it looks like both Norwich and Chelsea will also double in 28 provided that Chelsea beat Luton in the FA Cup. If they do that their double in 28 would be Burnley (a) Norwich (a) then Newcastle in 29 and then blank in 30.

So list of DGW teams is now Villa, Leeds, Wolves, Southampton, Newcastle, Watford (all guaranteed DGW) and then Chelsea & Norwich provided Chelsea beat Luton in the Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,233 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Definitely Antonio out this time for either Broja or Adams. No doubt I'll pick the wrong one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Might go Pogba & Bilva to Coutinho and Willock for a hit.

Not sure if I'm ready to hit the Wildy button yet....I'm trying to resurrect my once fabled Excel planner...will post up here somewhere if I get it working in a meaningful way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking WC this week, BB next week and FH in 30 then. Can use 2nd FH in GW 36 then. Anyone else thinking similar with their chips?

I have those exact chips left & still have no plan to use. After GW30 I still want my WC as I think teams form & fixtures will change massively. Still 2+ months of football to go with a lot on the line.

Im tempted to take a -12 to BB in GW28 - I don’t like 29 for BB & dependant on fixtures I could get 7 players out for GW30.

With my BB used I won’t have to worry about a strong bench for the remainder of the season & can attack those games.

FH then in DGW36

But this is a lot dependent on the FA Cup games

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’ve the exact same plan! Wildcard to get the most out of the two doubles and the free hit to sort 30. Then as you said the 2nd one can be used in 36 if that’s the best remaining double.

• Advertisement

What is your current team?

I just find a wildcard for 2 weeks as crazy. How does your wildcard 29 team then look in gw31 and going forward?

How many players could you be left with that you don’t want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Tandey

Any good reasons not to FH this gw? Have the 2 still.

Depends on your team, Im not FHing as I can get to 7 DGW players by using a free transfer. FH would allow you get to 11 so its value is the difference of that and what you currently have.

At the moment Im considering bench boosting this week more so just to get it out of the way, I dont want to be building up to it for 3 weeks and making transfers I wouldnt otherwise have made, its a trap of a chip. Then Salah DGW28 Triple Captain and the first FH for blank GW30. Leaving the second one for DGW36, even though thats supposed to be a big double I think it will be useful there as premiums get rested due to CL and theres usually a relegation threatened team who go on a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I can see exactly what you mean but this is the way I’m looking at it : Im reasonably happy with my team but want to make a certain amount of changes and I think now is as good a time as any when there are 2 Double Gameweeks. Will I look to completely overhaul my panel at any stage of the season even if I keep it until later? Realistically no because Salah, Trent, Cancelo etc are always going to be kept. So for me I think a wildcard at this stage of the season is just to slightly improve your team rather than a complete overhaul.

I got rid of Salah just for last week but I need him back in, I want to get Kane into the team which requires taking a bit of money out of midfield. As mentioned above by someone Im thinking/hoping that Bowen’s run might be coming to an end so I’ll get Wilock in for him for Newcastles double double. I want a Chelsea defender back in for their nice run. And I might get a new keeper in with Foster to make the most of the doubles. Probably 6/7 changes overall.

Ill be happy with the team I’m left with because half of the team will be the same and the other half are maybe no better or worse but will have an extra game or two. Wilock will probably be free transferred out before 31 alright.

Yeah you are probably right in that there is 4/5 players who’ll be locked in for the season regardless.

I did think of the WC and I’ll prob end up with something you suggested I.e a Chelsea defender & Kane post GW30

I think Chelsea defenders have to be thought about again with them likely to double in 28, they do have a blank in 30 when many will be free hitting anyway but that aside this is the beginning of their fixture swing. Currently have double Liverpool defence but might shift Robbo to Rudiger. Think its too early to punt on James as he is only just back so might not play both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

With Chelsea potentially (more than likely) in the double mix now, I think I'll go Havertz for Bruno instead of my initial pick of Willock.

Thoughts? He has looked good in the false nine role even if his finishing has let him down.

Don’t switch Robbo. Have a look at his numbers!

Havertz would be a lock in for me if Big Rom wasn’t there.

He is so good it’s criminal he doesn’t get played more often.

Very impressive against Liverpool & in the CL game before.

Far better option for Chelsea then Big Rom is

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Have cleared out city and united players and loaded up with wolves/spurs/newcastle/villa and southampton crew for next 3 weeks

Post edited by trigger26 on

• Advertisement

yeah I know, his 13 pointer v Leeds was some going. Its moreso doubling up on defences that Im tryng to get away from and especially now Chelsea have an easy fixture run its easier to spread the risk of clean sheets getting wiped

While I can understand that logic, I’d be keeping him over Trent and Cancelo. He has the most points since GW13.

He is playing very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

People on WC - are you building a team with GW30 in mind? Or will you free hit then? I’m not sure what to do. Thinking of the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Pity Bielsa got sacked, Vardy would be very tempting home to Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Planning WC for GW28 but will be making selections with 29 & 30 in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

Who's the best Weghorst replacement? Got money in the bank so have 8.2mill to spend. Thinking Watkins, Jimenez or Joelinton. I know Joelinton is playing in midfield but he has just scored in the last game and is playing well and has a second double game week in 29 currently scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I would say Jiminez out of them 3 but only cause of his fixtures. Adams is the one in form so I'd pick him ahead of all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

Have Broja already so did not want a double up on Southampton strikers but yes Adams looks to be a good option alright.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

We are guaranteed another GW30 now after Spurs getting knocked out

Advertisement