Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double GW28 Transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was thinking of getting Son in for Bruno but can you even trust Spurs ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ill have 3 players now either way to add to my 3 players of Martinez, Ramsey & Jiminez.

Itll either be Johnson, Bowen & Son or Livramento, JWP & Broja.

Hope Southampton win tomorrow :)

I should end up with 8/9 players for Gw30 so need to FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I like Ings but he doesn't seem to be getting the chances in this villa team. No shots last weekend against Brighton but he is up against his old team and Leeds and might be on penos too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My original plan was get through 28 and 29 with no chips, FH in 30, WC ahead of the DGW36, and then use BB.

Now wondering whether I should WC in 28, BB in 29, and save the FH for later on. Is it possible I wonder to WC now to exploit the DGWs and also have a decent team for GW30? I might mess around with it and see what I can come up with.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

What is your current team?

Yes it is possible to get players in for DGW & for BGW… Arsenal, Villa, Wolves & Leeds all have doubles but only Arsenal double in 29 for BB.

My strategy from outset similar to yours but now I’m contemplating holding the FH from GW30 and playing 7/8 players.

I’ll WC after the City/Liverpool match & then FH in GW36.

Im really tempted to take a big hit this week & use my BB as I’m kinda set up for it. The hits would be for Chelsea players.

If I do this I can then WC and not have to worry about a strong bench & really go gung ho premiums to finish the season

• Advertisement

Martinez (DdG)

Trent Robbo Livramento (Dias, Johnson)

Salah Son JWP Ramsey (Bowen)

Jiminez Dennis Broja.

7 starters have DGW except Liverpool players & Son who double in 29.

Is it worth replacing my bench for a -12 & going with Mendy, Rudiger, Saiss & Havertz.

What would a success be considered for BB.. 20 points?

The only issue I have with this is that Chelsea don’t play BGW30. If it was for players who did then it be easier to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah I did actually contemplate selling TAA over Robbo as his attaching output has gone down this past 4 or 5 GWs. But am thinking with Salah playing in front of him a haul is only around the corner and as he is so highly owned not having him would be a rank killer. But just looking at my team I can do Mee to Rudiger as I've 1.6m ITB so reckon I'll do that and have a back row of TAA, Robbo, Rudiger, Cancelo and Saiss. It all means theres no hope of getting Kane but I can live with that as Spurs are so flakey recently, theyre good in open games but when a team parks the bus they cant find a way through.

Ok so I am looking at 3 transfers for -8.

De Gea Williams and Fernandes out for Sa Rudiger and either Son / Mount.

I would then have the following...

Sa

Digne livramento Cancelo Trent Rudiger

Mount / Son Coutinho Salah

Dennis Broja

Bachmann Sissoko and Weghorst on the bench.

So any feedback on this is welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Trying to make up ground on a few money leagues I'm in so going for some differentials.

Bowen and Edoard (finally) out, Son and Gelhardt in. I think Gelhardt will be starting games under the new manager.

Now my only question is a bench of Sanchez, Cancelo, Laporte and Weghorst worth playing the BB?

For this week alone I think the hit is justified. Those 3 transfers will outscore the 3 going out by more then 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Martinez would play Gw30 & be benched for others

Livramento be benched in the main

Dennis / Broja / Ramsey / Saiss would rotate for the other 2 spots - most likely Dennis & Ramsey

So in reality the 4 transfers in would be in my starting Xi.

But I’ll be WC after GW30 at some point so I’ll be most likely ripping the squad up

So as opposed to WC’ing to BB il be dead ending my team to BB & then WC’ing coming out of it to get the strongest possible Xi

Whats peoples thoughts on hanging on to Bowen? His fixtures get a bit more difficult so its easy to be tempted away from him but not sure whether to sell him or Saka who doubles next week or just hang on to them both. Wilock the likely replacement, a bit of a punt but hes got four games in 2 gameweeks and has a bit of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

some of these teams on a double are rubbish beware

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Going to swap him for either raphina or wilock, he was great for the mid part of the season but he's no extra games left and west ham have gone a bit flat lately

yeah I read that they werent great on Sunday v Wolves and in the highlights on MOTD they didnt seem to create a whole lot and the game before was similar iirc with Bowen blanking in both. Theres still part of me not sure as he has racked up double point hauls just a few weeks ago but Wilock x 4 games is tempting me over Bowen with Liverpool and Villa. Had intended to get Raph back in myself but will hold off for now with their new manager, would imagine his main priority is to stop them leaking goals which likely means less attacking threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think I'll sell this week, depending on how their GW30 looks. It's harder to sell him if he has a game in 30.

Looking into Raphinha or JWP as a replacement possibly. Willock is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Heavily rotated team for Southampton tonight bar JWP. Good omen for their players getting two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Half thinking of pushing the big Bench Boost button this GW.

Transfer would be Pogba to Coutinho who would then get the armband thrown at him.

Could extend to a hit possibly to get another DGW player...Bilva to Willock maybe 🤔

Would be interested to hear what people think...I normally plan meticulously for BB weeks ahead but it hasn't paid off recently (last year it yielded a net score of minus 1) so will be glad to be rid of it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Advertisement

Not doing go to go ahead with this -12 now. Transferring out 2 players who play gw30 doesn’t make sense .. or does it?

If you just went with 2 Chelsea rather than 3 how many players could you field for BGW30 with the fixtures as they currently stand, could you get 10 out? No plans to free hit that week?

As things now stand I have 6 BGW players - Martinez

Johnson

Son Bowen Ramsey

Jiminez

The proposed -12 would leave me with 5 BGW players. I’m not sure which 2 Chelsea players I’d transfer in & then if I didn’t BB, who would I bench for this week - Liverpool assets or Son?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just putting this in here as it may help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Do Chelsea not have a fixture in GW30?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,233 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Nope. Still in The Fa Cup

After seeing Mount start in the cup im starting to sway to Willock now instead.

He has a double double and is in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Would a - 12 for Bowen / Gray / Ait nouri/ Fernandez to JWP / Willock / Rudiger / Forster to bench boost be madness?

Would leave me 12 doublers with

Sa / Forster

Digne Rudiger Schar Cancelo Taa

Raph / Coutinho / Salah / Willock / JWP

Jimi / Watkins / Borja

yeah pretty sure Im going the same way, Bowen for Wilcock. Im still a bit on the fence about selling Bowen given the points he has racked up but I was the same when selling Raphinha for Bowen and that worked out pretty well in the end. It just feels like Bowens returns has dried up somewhat while Wilock has good form. If Wilock blanks the four games will probably look to offload him then, Im keeping money ITB so I could get to a few other mids if necessary.

Otherwise think Im going to take a -4 to offload Mee for Rudiger. Would prefer go straight to James but its too risky atm when he is only coming back from injury. I might even put the armband on Rudiger, him doubling could outscore Salah v West Ham. It is risky though as both Chelseas games are away from home.

• Advertisement

Its a tricky one to navigate GW30 without using a free hit. And if you go into it with just 6 players then it could be a disaster that yields only 20-25 points. I think you either have to set up for it now but that could mean buying players you dont necessarily want or else just free hit to save doing that and using transfers that you wouldnt otherwise have used. You could maybe get up to 9 players for the blank GW which might not be too bad so long as you still want them long term.

Advertisement