Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW26 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Coutinho by a mile. He plays GW30 & has a double in 28.

Is 7 players worth a WC - I’ve already wildcarded.

If I do WC I could also get Sa & Ramsdale in for Martinez & DDG.

So 9.

Im really tempted to WC now. I’d still have Salah C & would have a TC later in the season to use with a BB & FH.

A wildcard will cover a lot of bases for these DGW’s & BGW’s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Really tempted to WC. Can navigate 27 and 30 without a FH if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭COH

What would your WC team look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Haha....spent the whole day fine tuning a FH team in my head and then saw the extra DGW announcements.

All of the postponements and then seemingly random short notice rearranging makes any attempt at medium to long term planning a total waste.

It's a real turn off me tbh..... pretty close to binning this season off, might just take a couple of hits this week and TC Salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Possible WC:

Ramsdale, Sa

TAA, Saiss, Arsenal defender, Mee, Digne

Salah, Son, Saka, Raphinha, Coutinho

Jimenez, Weghorst, Broja

• Registered Users Posts: 15,163 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That'll do me! Child's birthday party / pints so not really had the time to look into my transfers since the big announcement.

I’ve been looking at 1 & came up with something similar.

I looked further into it but not feeling like I’m gonna go with it.

GW26: 7 DGW + TC Salah

GW27: 10 players - I’ll need a -4 here to field

GW28: 6 DGW players

GW29: 4 DGW players

GW30: 3 players

My GW 28 players include King, Dennis & Livramento .. so really only 3 here.

There is a huge fixture swing with teams like Chelsea & Leicester and both have 2& 3 games to be rescheduled respectively.

Liverpool don’t have the healthiest fixtures after 26 either.

Im tempted to WC in 27 & leave a bench of Ramsdale, Salah, Robbo, Odegarrd there. Both don’t double until 29 so if I get bad vibes on this I’ll trigger them in for the double

Just been told Trent is rested tomorrow. Joe Gomez will be RB.

Dont captain Trent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Surely for Nico Williams or Milly doesn't make much sense sticking Joe in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Don't know how accurate this will turn out to be but if is then Taa, robertson even fabinho might be rested tomorrow so vvd looks

the best option now in defence

would hate not to have robertson if he started though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Ya that's at least more consistent with what they've been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

No Trent weakens Salah as an asset as well, not enough that I’ll take TC off him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Where are ya getting the news about TAA & Robertson being rested?

Anything from trusted/valid sources or just hear say?

I follow Liverpool & a few sources get early team news. Been rarely wrong. Hopefully get more info in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭shmeee

No clue what to do, was planning a -8 which was getting in Robbo.... Don't like the team rumours. Will sleep on it.

And then the DGW announcements have thrown more spanners into any planning, might look at Villa, Leeds and Wolves assets in morning so.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Made my moves. Took a -4 for Laporte, Jota, Antonio out, Van Dijk, Saka, Lacazette in.

Pretty committed now to a FH in 27.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

Only going to use one of my free transfers and got rid of Gallagher for Cornet since he has the 4 games in the next two game weeks. Buendia double game week in 28 just announced gives him a bit more time in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,838 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That lineup doesn't look very realistic to me. Liverpool will definitely shuffle the pack a bit, but eh I don't think Klopp is planning to be without all of Trent, Robbo, Fabinho, Elliott, Mane and Jota from what I think many would consider to be his first choice 11. They're playing Norwich in the Premier League, not Chesterfield in the FA Cup 3rd round.

For example, I can't see it being that likely a scenario where they play Diaz on the left hand side without Robertson behind him. I'd imagine only one of Robertson and Mane will miss tomorrow. Mane and Elliot both coming off after 59 minutes on Wednesday will also have decreased their individual chances of a rest, unless they've fallen out of favour, which I think seems unlikely for various reasons.

If I was to call the Liverpool lineup tomorrow I would reckon it might be (although Diaz instead of Salah wouldn't stun me)

Alisson

Alexander Arnold

Van Dijk

Matip

Tsimikas

Fabinho

Henderson

Elliot

Salah

Mane

Firmino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Norwich and Leeds at home for the best Fantasy player in the past few years is the best TC option since the chip was invented.

Dont overthink it because you want to get Wolves, Leeds, Villa and Burnley players in just because they’ve a DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭COH

Currently stuck between a -12 plus triple captain (which would also give me 11 for next gameweek) or a wildcard.

(-12 would be Alonso/Jota/Maddison/Antonio out for Coady/Saka/Son/Jimmy)

Heads wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hit the wc button in the end.

Ramsdale

TAA VVD Saiss Coady

Salah Son Raph Saka

Laca Jimi

Dubravka Coutinho Digne Broja

Sets me up nicely for the next few weeks. Will FH in 27 and BB 28. Just hope Mo doesn't go too mad this week. Need to decide now whether to start Countinho over one of the Wolves lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

The more I think about it, the more I think Arsenal players are a trap

finally settled on this with 8 dgw players along with 3 I feel I can't leave out in bowen coutinho and kdb (cancelo first sub)

allison

vvd coady gabriel tierney

bowen coutinho saka kdb salah c

Jimi

saka the one player I might switch though for cancelo

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

To triple captain salah or not ?

who is better to bring in , VVD or Robertson?

took a chance on vvd as capt if he scores one it'll be monumental 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,163 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Advertisement