Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW26 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Hopefully Jota will be OK to play or it's either Gallagher or 2 point Ollie off my bench or a -8

FS

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭JPup

Got to assume Jota is out if there’s swelling on the ankle. We should get an update before deadline anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭The Guru 123

I was torn between triple captain Salah or bench boost so if Jota is out it makes that an easy decision to TC Mo as I won't have a full bench then and it also means Mo is more likely to play the 2 games (though I think he would have anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Have taken a -4 hit bringing in Mitchell for Ayling and Weghorst for Antonio, on the assumption that the latter looks like a player that will play through the pain barrier. Having Davies vs City spooked me as did Ayling away to United and Liverpool. TCing Salah will hopefully mean the -4 hit will make minute difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

-4 Jota to Salah & Ronaldo to Jiminez.

Still about 2m ITB

Ive 2 non playing defenders currently & Dias. Contemplating a -4 this week to replace a non defender to 1) play instead of Dias & 2) boost my defensive back up as it consists of Liverpool & City players who have plenty of games coming up.

Also have Martinez & DDG, is a -4 required for one of these to a DGW player.

Since the break I made no changes 1st week & made huge gains, then I made transfers & well Sterling blew them plans about. So conscious doing more hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Jota to diaz or Elliott would only lead to frustration due to lack of gametime i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Yep its looking like Salah (coz he is salah) - just more strength in depth there and importantly very similar type players...ie Diaz, Elliot, Jota, Minamino, Ox

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jota news mixes it up a bit this week.

A. Previously wanted Salah & Tierney for Bruno & Coufal. (-4)

B. Now looks like Salah & maybe Saka (?) for Bruno & Jota. (-4)

Feel Tierney could score big this GW though which is slightly annoying me as would need another -4 to get him in. Not sure it's worth it.

Dias my first sub so could just play him instead of Jota and go option A.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

What are Ronaldo owners doing? Was fully committed to getting rid , but he had a fair few chances and should have had a couple assists against Brighton. United also had a higher XG than city against sporting in that match. He could easily haul against Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

So I have been looking at the GK options & I think Jose Sa is the best option to go with. ( I looked at Ramsdale & Pope too)

If you own DDG then he rotates very well:

LEI / ars

WAT

CRY

TOT

LEE

If you own Martinez he doesn’t rotate as well BUT Villa have 2 games to be pencilled in BUR & lee. Could these drop post GW30??

Rotation with Martinez

LEI/ars

bha or whu

CRY

whu or eve

LEE

I own both keepers at present & contemplating which one would i take out for a -4 or could just go with

WAT

WAT

SOU

TOT or whu

ARS

What would people think would be best option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hold tight on that Tierney transfer for now, there was a tweet going around yesterday saying he wasnt spotted in training. Could be nothing but Id wait till the presser. I hold him and really need him on the pitch as I think Arsenal have a fair chance of two clean sheets

The Jota news is frustrating as it brings me from 7 DGW players down to 6. I already took a -4 earlier in the week to get Salah and Weghorst and he might be injured too. Was considering another -4 for Saka due to his double and potential for another double but it was Maddison I wanted to sell for him, not Jota. Its a bit of a tighrope with Jota now, like we know he will get minutes but not as many as before and any sniff of an injury that keeps him out for longer than a gameweek means it might be time to reluctantly consider selling.

Then the other headache I have is Demarai Gray. Gordon seems to be the only Everton player worth owning right now and selling Gray for him would free up 1m in funds. But am reluctant to take yet another -4 to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

To free hit or triple captain salah is my decision this week. Leaning towards free hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sean Dyche on Wout Weghorst: "We're expecting him to be OK. He trained just a light training session today but the incredibly professional person that he is, I think he'll be fine."

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Did Bruno to Salah earlier in the week. Then Gray to Saka for a -4.

On paper I have 8 DGW players 3 of which are dodgy. Reguilon is not guaranteed the 2 games one of which is City Away. Jota has a sore ankle and Lowton has been dropped by Dyche in favour of Roberts. I'm realistically looking at probably 5 DGW players including Salah.

Firstly this looks like the best week to maximise the triple captain potential points but I've two free hits left. So instead I'm thinking of going to 11/12 DGWers. If the additional 6 DGW players only got 2 points each in their extra games then Salah would need to be scoring 12 points or more to have made the fee hit a bad call which he could easily do over two games. But if one of the 6 returns even a clean sheet then Salah needs 16 points and so on. Basically it's Salah Vs 6 players in simple terms.

It would leave me having to buy Salah again next week but it's currently the way I'm leaning. Is there something wrong with my thinking that I'm missing?

Another advantage is I can get TAA (only have Robbo) in this week (and move Jota out maybe) and plus get another Arsenal player. It would means I'm not stuck with 3 Arsenal players next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

All set to bring Salah in for Bruno and tc him. What to do with Ronaldo though? Is he deffo going to play with the champions league coming up! Even if I do take him out Kane is only premium and who knows what he will do. Weghorst is a massive punt especially considering it be a minus four to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

With the big storm approaching could there a chance of the Brighton or Southampton games being called off if there's any damage to the stadium or surrounding area? Looks like they're going to get hammered tomorrow.

I dont think thats a bad idea at all and the maths youve done there should work out and likely your extra DGW players will outscore Salahs TC (providing you captain Salah anyway to get 2/3rds of his points)

The only thing to think about is how it balances against not having the two free hits later on. I havent fully looked at the schedule yet but from memory its a viable chip in 28 as Liverpool and Arsenal blank while Chelsea are back in action, then in 30 there are only 3 games/6 teams playing so it would seem almost essential there and then in 36 I think practically all teams have a DGW. Depends how you would navigate those three GWs with only 1 FH left and maybe your 2nd wildcard?

I really must sit down and study the schedule and get a chip strategy together, there are only 13 GWs left and Ive still got 5 chips on board which is one every 2.5 gameweeks. How they are used now is going to be either a rank builder or rank breaker from here on in.

hmmm thats kind of like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Liverpool were always going to say Jota is battling to make the final so as not to give Chelsea an advantage by confirming he is out.

Not sure what to do with him, at best its a single GW for him but could be a no show for both games. Either way it is no DGW for him and then a blank in 27 and when he does return he is liable for rotation with the CL back. Could end up selling him in 2 weeks anyway so will consider doing it for a DGW player this week for a -4 which should be cost neutral. It would be a reluctant sale becasue he has performed but the reason everyone got him in was becasue Firmino was injured and then that dovetailed nicely with Salah/Mane at Afcon. Those reasons to own him now are gone and we could be into a phase of him starting one game and getting 20-30 minutes the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have already taken a -4 to get in Salah & Saka.

Was going to move on Jota anyways around GW27 / GW28.

Is it worth doing a -8 to move on Jota for another DGW player, but one that has a game in GW27? Do the transfer a week early, for a hit, and maybe bank next week which would allow me to load up on Chelsea/Wolves etc in 28 for the swings. There is not exactly an abundance of options screaming out at me. I have Son, Saka, Salah & Bowen.

No DGW for Coutinho, but they might get one.

Sancho? Unreliable & fixture swing soon.

Cornet? Double DGW but already have Weghorst.

Cheers for the input.

It' GW27 which is next week that Pool and Arsenal blank so Salah (and Saka who I've got this week too) going back out for Bruno and Gray. Won't be needing to free hit next week but a possible -4 as my team needs to shed a bit of deadwood anyway.

I might free hit again in 30 which will leave me with the TC for another DGW. Most teams having a DGW around 36 shouldn't be a worry and might be a better time to use the TC chip if I've closer to 11 DGW players that week.

It's hard to know for sure with so many games to be squeezed back in too but I'm slowly cementing my idea of Free Hitting this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I need to decide which one of Bruno or Kane to sell to fund Salah in. Kane has the dgwk but it might as well be a single with City being one of the games. Burnley away won't be easy either. Bruno against Leeds and Watford, then switch to Son is an option. Kane just isn't worth the money at the moment when there's so many good options in midfield.

Kane, Jota, Trossard to Salah, Saka, Weghorst maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I like your thinking and also slowly going down the FH route.

Currently have Jota and TAA.

Plan was to go Bruno & Coufal to Salah & Tierney OR Bruno & Jota to Salah & Saka. Most likely the latter.

Bringing Salah & Saka in with having TAA means I'll need to bench those 3 next GW or transfer 1 out with the Liverpool & Arsenal blank.

FH this week allows me to have just Jota & TAA for GW27 when I can transfer Jota out for a playing MF.

GW30 I'd prob FH again. Then WC in GW35 to be set up for the DGW in GW36.

Hope this makes sense! It does to me and I'm kind of rambling but probably along the lines of your thinking @Dubh Geannain ?

Perfect sense. Only difference for me is I've no wildcard left.

I'll still have 3 Pool/Arsenal next week even if I free hit but it's allowing me to have 6 of them this week and not worry as much about next weeks benchings/transfers. Ramsdale is covered next week anyway so only really 2 to worry about. If I've a good week this week I won't be crying over a -4 spend next week.

AFAIK most if not all teams double in 36 so you should be able to get a full 11 DGWs out on the pitch just by default. At the moment I think 36 is when I will use bench boost so I get eight games for the price of four from the bench players.

I suppose another question is will you have a good TC candidate in 36? As we dont yet know the fixtures its impossible to say, the prime candidates like Salah might have a hard game and an easier one, who knows. Also DGW36 begins on May 7th so just a week before the FA Cup final on May 15th, if there are midweek games some players could be rested for the FA Cup final. There is also CL semi finals listed for May 3rd. So every chance TC candidates for DGW36 will not play both games in that double.

Im TCing him this week becasue I cant see a better opportunity than Leeds and Norwich (both at home) arising in DGW36. Maybe a different double will throw up two good fixtures, its an unknown though. But your strategy of FHing this week to get 11 DGW players should deliver more points than TCing Salah this week. Its just a question of are you going to lose those gains in another gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

First draft of my free hit

Ramsdale McGovern

Trent semedo coady digne guehi

Saka Salah cornet Bowen Coutinho

Laca firmino Jimenez

Any thoughts?

Was going to bring in Salah tonight before the price rise but gonna have to wait and see for team news tomorrow. If Cavani is fit I think Ronaldo won't get full match so I have to look at possibly moving him on.

If this happens my plan is to keep Bruno take out Raphinha for Salah and switch Ronaldo to possibly Weghorst. I am still edgy about him though a lot of people are jumping on him after 1 assist playing for Burnley!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lads.... I really need help....having an absolute shocker of a season....have gone from 80K to 700K in recent weeks 😳😱

Have all my chips available....not sure whether to free hit and attack the DGW or just TC Salah and maybe take a hit or two to bring in the likes of Weghorst

• Advertisement

If I had that team id triple captain Salah bring white in for Gallagher maybe King in as well. Than transfer out Jota for another double game week player saka maybe?

If you have two free hits you could always go wild!

Advertisement