Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW26 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 14-02-2022 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭

Staring this thread early as it's a big DGW well some potential for chips to be played too. We do also have midweek games to navigate, both in Europe and also domestically.

Personally, I have a big decision to make with my captain. I've went in early and already brought in Salah for this GW. The big decision for me is whether he gets the TC or TAA gets it. I'm 95% sure I'm going to be giving it to one of those this week bar a big disaster midweek for them. It's very hard to look away from a DGW with 2 home games against 15th & 18th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The issue is that Liverpool now have able rotation in attack. Fixtures are

Inter - Wednesday

Norwich - Saturday

Leeds - Wed

Chelsea - Sunday Final

The game after the final is Norwich at home in the cup. I think Salah will be rested in this.

I think Salah will play all them games but people will suggest otherwise. Trent will play them all too.

The TC is just too good to turn down this GW

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll be doing Bruno and Trossard to Salah and Ramsey. Leaves me a bench of:

DDG Digne Dawson Ramsey

All good fixtures

BB is tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I already have my transfers done - Son and Virgil in. Had them pre planned for ages just enough money itb. Gives me 7 DGW players. But two of them are Foster and Edouard so I do not know if that counts or not

Now I have double Liverpool at the back with TAA. VVD and Salah in the middle.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yeah I have double Liverpool defence myself (Robbo + Trent).

Is it worth a TC on one of them? How many clean sheets can we get in 2 games, + bonus & the potential of a return is probably within the 1 in 3 games bracket for them.

Im waiting on the CL & will then do Jota -> Salah & Ronaldo to Jiminez. It will give me 7 DGW players too but 2 of them are King & Dennis haha!

Im tempted to transfer out 1 of my keepers Martinez/DDG for a -4 for Ramsdale, Sa or Pope.

Ramsdale has a DGW in 26, a potential DGW in28 & a definite fixture in BGW30

Sa has a DGW in 26 & a game in BGW30

Pope has DGW26 & 27 and a possible game in BGW30

Is a -4 worth it for one of those keepers? I think so.

Pope has 4 clean sheets in last 7 games & only conceded 1 in those other 3 games Liv, Man U & Newcastle.

Moving keepers is a good idea because you can bench one of them. I am stuck with Foster and De Gea. I nearly said Foster and Allen. It might as well be! I wildcarded gw24 you see. Could have gone Ramsdale and Sanchez - but didn't - much better moves in hindsight. For the fixture changes gw28 I am looking at Mendy/Pope depending on funds.

As for TC gw26 I am tempted with TAA. Could get two clean sheets but just as easily could get none. Banking on a few assists though - from set pieces etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ya I think Salah's minutes might be lower than expected too, along with Jota & Mane & other forwards too. I think the potential minutes for Trent is higher. Trent had a nice winter break so I would expect him to play the 180 mins, or at least 160 mins anyways. Coming off with CS points in tact is welcome too. But higher minutes doesn't always equals higher points.

As a Liverpool fan, I didn't want Salah to play against Leicester, I thought it was too soon to be back after the AFCON. I would have thought that 90 mins total against Leicester & Burnley would have been sound if he subbed on in one and off in the other but instead he played 120 mins. So that has led me to think that he might start playing some 60-70 mins games over the next couple of weeks, especially in the lead up to the cup final game as you said. There is potential for extra time in that cup game too.

Comparing the substitute record between the 2;

Trent doesn't usually get subbed off. In the PL & CL games this season, he has been subbed off 2 times - 1 PL & 1 CL. Last season, he was subbed off 5 times.

Salah on the other hand probably needs his minutes managed a bit more, along with the threat of rotation now. He has been subbed off 5 times this season already and it was 6 times last season. There is always that Palace game in our heads too where he came off the bench and got 2 goals & an assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gonna bring in Salah anyway, not sure about the TC yet, but don't fancy going without him or even one of Norwich or Leeds at home

I'm considering Laporte to Tierney. Will most likely be a temporary thing as Tierney misses GW27

Already have Ederson and Cancelo, so don't fancy tripling up defence against Spurs (as bad as they've been).

Already got 0 and 0 from Cancelo and Laporte last weekend.

Don't fancy another feast of duck eggs.

But the Spurs game is a game they are more likely to play in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Triple captain Salah or use my last free for a double game week team?

I was originally planning on leaving it for a later game week as there was talk of a bigger double coming now im not sure. There is a bigger double near the end of the season potentially right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Apparently a big double in 36. Also, 30 will be a huge blank game week. Probably only 3 games.

You probably have guessed the type of comments in response to this. But later in the season a lot of the big sides will have nothing to play for in the league. There will be massive rotation making the DGW's almost worthless from that perspective. But a free hit when all the 'big guns' are not playing due to the FA Cup etc could be worth their weight in gold.

Personally I am likely playing my TC now - but it all depends on your team and chips remaining. I have two FH's left and already used my BB gw1. Plus my team is well set up for no FH needed on gw27.

I did do a FH team draft for gw26/27 but do not see much difference between the a FH team and one where I have at the moment. If yours looks much better it leaves you in a quandary.

But I think the FH is more valuable when you have to pick players you don't want longer term only for a specific gameweek - Newcastle for example. I have none of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yeah, the blank game week might then be a better time to use my last free hit and use the triple captain on Salah. I have no other plans with the triple captain so it might be better used in what could be a major double for Liverpool Salah especially.

There was obviously the temptation of having a team full of double game week players for next game week but I feel like id only be wasting my triple captain pick then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

-4 with Weghorst in for Antonio, and probably Veltman in for Duffy so I can have three starting DEF, with Ayling benched with United and Liverpool this GW. Am open to alternatives here though (Ait Nouri, Davies, Ayling, Duffy, Tsimskas (I know...grim). Maybe Mitchell for the DGW factor.

Have it 90% in my head to TC Salah, and can't see myself budging.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Don't know if you moved on this yet but Weghorst came off injured the last game and no real news on him yet so I definitely wouldn't bring him in until at least after Dyche's press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Bringing pope in for De Dea for DGW this week (and next week) to make a full XI with 2 games this week.

Using BB for Sanchez - Cancelo - Bowen - Ronaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭shmeee

If you bring in Salah and don't TC him you are gonna loose points. His EO is going to be the highest any player has ever hit IMO. Inside the Top 10/100k it's going to be off the scale.

I don't think we are gonna see a better TC option again this season or every again.

Risk of rotation with all players but you got to just go with it. I think he plays 150 mins over the 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Was planning on selling Bilva this week but might hold now as he's a fairly streaky player. DCL to Weghorst and then Gallagher or Martinelli to Coutinho/Bowen. Could do all 3 for -8 either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Dunk's red card surely means Duffy is in line to step in? Saving a -4 could genuinely be huge in my ML

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Lads I've made my transfers in (-4) for this week, if i now wildcard or use a chip does the - 4 return to me or is it too late to regain that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Already did Bruno to Salah and Watkins to Weghorst. Had to do it early due to funds, havent a bean in the bank now. Have 7 DGW players provided Weghorst makes it, he didnt look too bad coming off but havent heard any news on him yet.

Its hard to look beyond Salah for TC this week. I think TAA will get more minutes than him but Ive a feeling he has gone a little bit off the boil by his own standards, Robbo seems to be creating more than him this past few weeks. Hoping Jota starts both games but with Diaz there Klopp has rotation options. Was always the plan to sell Jota after Salah got back from Afcon but it would be a reluctant sell now give what he has returned in the last few gws.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bruno (C) to Salah (TC)

Thanks for the parting gift Bruno.

Will have 5 DWGers but feel I would like more.

Thinking Coufal to Tierney for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

The Wildcard or Free Hit chip will remove the -4. You will have 1 FT the following week after using either of these chips. One chip max per GW.

The rules of the game can be found under the "Help" header.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Was listening to a Liverpool podcast today and yer man talking on it reckons that the rotation plan moving forward will be to utilise Firmino as the CF away from home, with Jota as the CF in games at Anfield. His thinking is that the skillset that Firmino brings to the table are being brought my others posters when playing at Anfield (Thiago's passing, more possession etc) and that he will be used as the link man in more trickier fixtures, like that recent Burnley game. Whereas Jota's finishing is more of an asset in home games where space is a premium and he can find good shooting opportunities from nowhere.

I was thinking of selling Jota myself in BGW27/GW28 myself but then there is 3 home games in 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah I could hang on to Jota but the main reason for owning him this past 6 GWs was Salahs and Manes absense meaning guaranteed minutes. Id like to hang on but there is going to be games where he only gets 25 minutes and it would get frustrating fast. Also there is the Cancelo/Laporte headache now too, am expecting to get burnt by that again as the CL progresses.

Not sure where to go, Ive been trolled by Foden enough so not going back there, Coutinho would seem the obvious pick right now and he might have a double coming up. If Spurs werent so bad Id shift things around to fit Son in but they looked awful the last two games and Im not even expecting all that much from Kane for his double.

Really have to take some time to study the upcoming fixtures and get a plan in place for chips. iirc there is a fixture swing in GW28 when Chelsea players become viable again with 6 fixtures in a row against weaker teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

So its looking like Salah will get my TC this week. Team is decent enough, but Im stuck with Lucas Moura and Kane. I know they're useless, but they have a DGW this week so may rack up some points. In one game at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

thinking of using the free hit and going with an all arsenal/liverpool defence + cancelo tta robbo ramsdale tierney gabriel

Advertisement