Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was Lord Mountbatten (the Queen's cousin) a paedophile

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Queen Elizabeth is for to all intents and purposes the only queen most people could name or recognize. 99.9 % of the people in this country wouldn't know those other queens if they tripped over them.

This business of 'which queen are you talking about' is kind of boring.

Whether you like it or not, everybody in this country understands 'the queen' to be the head of state of our nearest neighbour. That does not mean she is considered to be our queen. She's the only queen we know so she's 'the' queen. Context is everything. I am sure if I lived in Portugal, 'the queen' would be whoever it is in Spain. If I lived in Scandanavia, I would probably need to be more specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

The man responsible for trafficking the boys to Classiebawn Mountbatten's castle in Sligo was Joseph Mains, the Warden of Kincora.

The Gardai would undoubtedly have logs of registration numbers of cars that visited Mountbatten's castle which could help the victims get justice although they refused to release any of the files relating to Mountbatten, current Garda Commissioner Drew Harris worked with the RUC Special Branch and MI5 before he became the head of police in the Republic of Ireland. The Gardai are still refusing to release the log of visitors to Mountbatten at Classiebawn in August 1977. It is clear that the Royal Family, the RUC and MI5 benefit from the ongoing cover-up of Mains’ visit to Classiebawn.

I'd be very interested in the files the Gardai have in connection to Mountbatten, it's fairly obvious and always has been that MI5 connections and influence extend far beyond its own territory and into ours, I'm sure MI5 may have played a large part in why the investigation into the Dublin Monaghan bombings was stopped after just two months by the FG government of the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Mod Note:

This thread has reached the limit of OP discussion and moved into non-Historical realms. So as posters have explored this topic, closing the thread,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement