Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining The Party (I hope)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Hi Buddy how are ya keeping?! Great to hear from you. I’m hoping to go in or around sub 2:50. Everything is done now so just now to have the right day on the day. Be brilliant to see you!

Taper Day 2

Day 1 ended with a pain in my groin. Every time I lifted my leg I felt a pang. The fret!! Tortured poor @Swashbuckler and then went to bed like a demon. Woke today feeling nothing, another one to thank super sleep for! My poor Da had to suffer an outburst too but all good now.

Had a different look at dieting today. I can’t figure that it should be that I’m going about starving this week it’s only gonna stress me. So I added some more carbs today.

Toast x 2 and boiled egg, apple, nuts, bhudda bowl (rice feta veg and chicken) for lunch, protein drink after run, half a pancake, banana, 2 baby boiled potatoes and 2 salmon fillets with tomato and onion.

Last MP paced run. 2 mile warm up, 3 at race pace and 1 cool down. I did the 3 at 6:17, 6:21 and 6:23 - a bit faster than race pace but it felt ok and no bother with the legs.

Went to meet KS for a coffee and a chat and I made her nervous haha. I am nervous too. Considering where I was at the beginning of this log I cannot believe I’m now on the last run and shake out before taking on a marathon and I know I’m in the form to go for a PB. Whatever happens I’m both proud and pleased with this programme. I’ve given it everything. Not sure if there will be any more updates, we’ll see how the next few days go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Best of luck - hope the rest of the week and weekend goes to plan.

The last few days before a Marathon are 'deadly' - literally - I hate the waiting around, especially on weekends.

Marathons should start at 7pm on a Thursday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Very best of luck the weekend, have enjoyed following your journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Best of luck this weekend! Echoing Lainey here, really enjoyable log to follow. Hope the maranoia hasn't been too bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Is it too early to expect a race report? Asking for a friend.

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Yes very well done, spotted you in the results. That second half was hillier than I remember it being. Flattest city marathon my eye! Congrats.

2:50:05 I think lads. That’s what the website says and my watch. I thought I crossed at 2:50:03 and started the watch a couple of seconds early. Ever so slightly rueful about not making the time but what a run. So proud of my effort. Detail to come… maybe 😂

thanks so much for all the messages and advice.

Brilliant stuff, well done!

Here goes, this might come in stages cos I’m doing it when in school and I might as well have a revolving door the way this day is going! Enjoy Part 1 of 2

Race Weekend

Journey down was eventful for the wrong reasons. Late leaving and then the traffic on the M50 was barely moving. About an hour went by crawling forward. I needed the bathroom and was fretting about missing the expo. Then I looked over at the other side and saw that traffic was completely stopped. The white curtain was up and my stomach churned. On the hour the news confirmed that there had been two deaths on the M50 and it would be closed Northbound. Such horrible news going back to any house. We got onto the road and pushed on ahead to stop at Kildare, I think. Another short stop at Fermoy and then onto the BnB. We’d told them we’d be there around 3-4 and it was after 5. Got there about ten to 6 and got sorted out. Into the Expo to lift the bag at 6.30, turned out there was lots of time. Very little at the expo I was underwhelmed. Got my pack and had a very brief chat with the coach. Up to the house and got changed and showered. Into Blarney for food and had a carbonara party.

Got to bed at 10.30 and conked out, woke at 6 and felt like I’d love to do the run today. Did a 12 min jog - I’d have liked to go a bit longer but not much call. My knee had been a bit tight on stairs etc for a few days so I had serious relief at no pain. Went out to Blarney Castle and went through the motions a bit. I was no craic all day. Into the Expo again for the talks. Race measurer was pleasant but incredibly boring and talked through every bend, beginning by saying he was used to a bigger map but he’d do his best with the one on the wall… remarked that ‘they’ regularly forget to put up barricades at X spot or Y spot… I’m thinking this is amateur hour. Next up 2 sales pitches… anyone who begins with “I want to tell you why I’m so passionate about the product” and continues with “Two athletes who are into cage fighting” loses me as a potential customer. Next up was the head pacer. He was pacing sub4 but talking generally and he was excellent and had a really nice way about him. He talked through eating, water, the not to dos and it all came out in a lovely, unassuming way. I went up to speak with him at the end and again he was a gentleman with all the time in the world. A highlight.

Walked to the start line and then got a coffee. Lots of people told me no coffee race week but I ignored that. I cut back a little. Back to the BnB and made enough pasta for 11 but got through it all myself. KS went for a run and I tried on all the clothes. A few voice notes from Swashbuckler and loads of texts from people wishing me luck. I think we watched something on TV, I’m not sure what and then it was bedtime. Tomorrow I take on the monster. I’m less nervous than I was yesterday but still very edgy. Couldn’t settle. She asked me are ya tired… “Nope!” I was wide awake. Got up at 1.45 and went to the bathroom. I’d forgotten to set the alarm! Got that looked after. Deep breaths and slowly I drifted off to sleep…

• Advertisement

Cork City Marathon Report Part 2

Splits

1.   6:27

2.   6:33

3.   6:27

4.   6:32

5.   6:32

6.   6:31

7.   6:19

8.   6:35

9.   6:26

10. 6:28

11. 6:30

12. 6:27

13. 6:30

14. 6:29

15. 6:28

16. 6:26

17. 6:33

18. 6:23

19. 6:34

20. 6:28

21. 6:17

22. 6:31

23. 6:19

24. 6:28

25. 6:25

26. 6:15

0.39 – 5:40

2:50:05 on the watch and chip and I’ve just checked the ‘real’ result which says 2:50:02

I thought I’d begin with the splits and tell you all ‘the answer’ before the thinking. 

Woke at 5:50 and thought it was all a big joke, wondered should I go back to sleep? Nah. I’ll wait an hour though. Then I remembered it would bang again at 5.55 so I may get up to avoid waking the whole house. Got up as quietly as I could and put something temporary on. Took my water bottle up with me and threw on the scrambled eggs and toast. Coffee x1… NOOOOO! Don’t get tempted you don’t wanna be shighting for Ireland either. Did the glamourous toilet jobs, all good. Shower and got my gear on, waking KS again with a cuppa. I remember thinking what an ordeal for her between the tossing and turning and then the early ding dong. Superstar.

On to the car park and met Richard. We’d decided we would run together and try to break the 2:50. We’d spent the night before converting from imperial to metric and agreeing a tolerance (obviously being the cave man I was on the old money). So 6:27 was “Here boy fu*k up” and 6:35 unless up a steep hill was also unacceptable. I told him you go on ahead if I’m not keeping pace and I’ll do the same. We all laughed and joked in the pouring rain, I did some dynamic stretching and a pee in the car park (I know, I know). I remember standing under a doorway for shelter and at 8.20 we went over to the start line. One more wave to KS and it was game time.

I’m no tour guide but over the first 3 miles we passed the car park twice and we chuckled about how it was tempting to just tip on in. Pace seemed sound and my watch was beeping right on the mile markers… excellent. Then 3-6 was into a headwind. Down into the tunnel and so that was a fast mile, coming out of it we knew we could throw a mile to just keep the thing right. We took that 7th mile and reeled in a few lads. One stuck out who was all arms and legs flailing all over the place. Richard had met him at a HM this year and come in 2mins ahead of him. Starting like that was insanity and I’d say by halfway he was blowing up. Harsh lesson. Anyhow that’s the first 7 done.

On we trudged in the relentless rain. Not cold but rainy and windy. A big shout out from Healy several times all I can say is what a hero! Offering gels, positive reinforcement, up the Lillywhites, up the Orchard… just class, more later. Out of nowhere we were on mile 10 and I was thinking about the next gel. I had what I’ll call a pre stitch on my right side and I don’t know if it was carrying the gels at pace or the way my vest was sitting or what but I didn’t like it. But I had my mantra “fu*k up and keep running” so that’s what I did. Exactly at 1:05 on the nose, perfect. Looping turn for mile 11 and I was starting to think that soon enough we were allowed to push a bit. But I remembered what the pacer had said, 14 is too early wait until about 18 and then see what’s in you. 11, 12 & 13 all felt great and I was happy with the times. The biggest thing was that we needed to keep the reins on and not get gung ho about it. We got to the halfway mark, a couple of steep climbs out the overfly but we got there. I had noticed that by now my watch and the mile markers weren’t in as much agreement and I cursed all those twists and turns and green areas – you can’t run through them but they count. I didn’t even check the overall time at halfway just the mile marker – still well on track, I’d trained to a pace and planned to a pace so that was the thing to do and I still think that.

14 was slow then 15 was fast and we met KS. I didn’t see her but recognised the voice and just about had time to shout all good. 16 was slow, Richie told me several times if I felt it was in me to push on. He was ok but knew every hill. I told him I wasn’t ready to push just yet, don’t worry. 17 has a very steep and slow climb and then the climbing starts. Lots of it. We did it quickly but then at about 17:70 there was a steep hill. A runner was coming back to us and I moved to the centre of the road to keep in stride, next thing I knew it Richard was a few paces behind me. I looked sideways but not backwards and didn’t see him. I said nothing and pushed. I needed to to keep it within our tolerance and even though it was a hill I was concerned by the other 2 miles where we had lost time. On the downhill then I let the hill use itself and had half a gel. That was the 4th. I was expecting nothing until Mile 21 but 19 was horrible and full of ramps and slopes. Organisers denying a hill is anything more than a drag are letting themselves down in my own opinion. They are runners and they know what it feels like in the latter stages. It was a hill. A hill is a fu*king hill.

At 20 I had a caffeine gel and I got myself back into goal pace. A runner passed another runner ahead of me. I passed him too and then stalked the other. I was flying by now as I arrived at the long run back into the city. Now I had remembered the headwind on the way out and when I realised I was now back running against that headwind I decided I shouldn’t risk too much 21 miles deep with it all on the line. I figured I’d need to stop altogether to lose a sub3 but I still thought I’d keep a bit. When the watch beeped at 6:31 I was unimpressed with myself. The headwind was difficult. No support, no one to challenge or even just stride with, no atmosphere. No good. Fu*k it that mile is gone now. So I raised it gently and then I saw a very welcome sight… @healy1835 on a bike and he let a goul out of him, “Go onnnnnnnnn!!!!” He asked me if I wanted anything, I couldn’t answer but I signed something I thought was half comprehensible and he kept shouting “BITE DOWN. BITE DOWN!!!” Scroll up now and check the splits again, by fu*k I bit down. Brilliant thing to say just exactly what I wanted and needed. A huge (for me) 6:19 mile. I’m not saying it didn’t take it out of me it did of course but I still felt I’m good. I wanted to have a big finish if I needed it and so I went to goal pace for 2 miles but inside it. On 25 miles you go through a park with the narrowest, twistiest turns and the few people are half assed pointing the direction. I’d earlier berated a Guard for being “a sleepy statue… EVERY **** CORNER” but I was sick of being half told what direction to go. Anyhow. I thought I could make 26 my quickest mile and I said bite down to myself then pushed with all I had but still running, not sprinting. We are finally in something that resembles a city and there are some signs of civilisation too… turn, turn, turn, turn beep 6:15 whatever happens I know I just did that. I’m homing in on a lad I’ve absolutely no right to be near. The announcer says his name and then a few seconds later has a go at my very difficult to pronounce name he then apologetically told the small crowd assembled that there would be bigger bunches as time goes on… I thought fu*k yous I’m enough for you and so is every single other runner here today. A touch aggressive but it’s only a thought, quit judging I’ve barely slept, I’m soaked, I’m wound up to the very last and I’m giving it all I have to try to make my time. I can’t see the finish line but I’m past the 26 so I think right surge. I surged, I’m breathing flames now but my mate can only lose this if he’s out on his feet but to hell with it I’ll make him work for it so I give it all I have. KS is there and I hear her calling out to me, I blow her a kiss and then tighten my fists and go into all out sprint. Finally the clock appears and it’s at 2:49:55 my heart sinks it’s going too fast and it’s not that close. If I’d seen it a minute ago and knew what I was aiming for then I dunno 2:50:01 and I cross something blue and then the finish line. I go down on my hunkers feeling dizzy and a young lad with a bottle of water comes at me ‘ya hafta move on’ I’m not fit to answer him and another joins with the same line… whatever about are ya ok or do you need medical assistance… so I gently pointed out to them that it’s not as though there are 1000 people standing in a queue behind me… wud ya ever FU*K OFF… they both walked away and resumed their positions… red mist is a terrible thing and I’m deadly for it at a race but that’s not one I’ll take back. If you don’t agree you are welcome to tell me that I’m not an inapproachable person. Back to the race. It measured 26.39 on my watch but I guess they all do. My average pace was 6:27 and I don;t think anyone would have advised me to be going much quicker than 2 seconds quicker than goal pace.

So there it is Cork City Marathon 2022

Conclusions

Training - not perfect but with the 16 weeks all in all I averaged more than ever before - 55 mpw, peaked higher than ever before - 75 miles, went faster in a race than ever before with a 50 second 10k PB. I had a few niggle weeks but you always do. I showed up every time I could and hit the sessions, surpassing where I could.

During race week the nerves got to me. It was over 3 years since my last marathon. Taper week was hard on me. The journey down affected me. Sleep was decent, not great.

Diet is 8/10 I don;t think I can aim for 10 so some small improvements but happy enough

Course. Em… Cork is good not great. A lot of it is in a wilderness no better than the likes of Newry. In the Dundalk 10k there was as much support along that route. It’s hard to line the streets but pockets of people outnumbered by stewards doesn’T give you that rush. The hills are on the harder end of things late on. They can’t dictate the wind but a headwind for 3 miles early and 3 miles very late is a tough ask. So little of the course is in the main area. Maybe the rain put people off and fair enough if so. The fact you have no idea when the cursed finish line will appear is very frustrating.

Performance - I think it’s a 7.5. I love that I have reached a new standard. I went out sensibly. A few mid miles I could have gone faster and shaved a few seconds. Late on I didn’t think I needed too. I fucked up. That 22 thorns me a bit because I didn’t need to take the foot off the gas. I was gearing up for a big finish. If Id gone harder maybe the finish still wasnt in me but a 6:25 was doable there. I fought tooth and nail at the end and every other mile there was heroic in my on humblest opinion. The stitch annoys me a bit. My vest wasn’t sitting comfortably especially when I was rid of the gels so that’s getting changed. It’s too long and I can feel it on my ass. I dont like to tuck in. I saw lots of guys wearing very light vests and I’d like to know how to get one of those. I can wear club gear for the after photos.

Running with someone has pros and cons. I maybe should have been pushing at 17 rather than 18 but I don’t know. Again I planned for 26.2 and was well covered up until 26.38… just not that 0.01. I made the point if I were going for a sub3 then 5 seconds would be so painful but breaking the 2:50 I think anyway is different. I think after sub3 you work on minutes in 1s.

Just shy of a 5min (official) PB and 2… something unofficial.

I haven’t read it again but my first log here and how I named it was hopeful and grounded. I was worried my marathon days were behind me and was bracing myself for disappointment. Would I have taken this outcome at the beginning of the year? All day long. So the last thing I’ll say for now is that I’m not going to log my weeks again until I begin Dublin training at least. Anyone who wants my number is welcome to DM me and we’ll go from there. This log has helped me a lot. Others more so, I have a new running wardrobe and the feel good vibes are class. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this effort, especially @Swashbuckler who chipped in all the time since his own marathon with nuggets I could use. If there is any discussion to be had on this one then fire away here and I’ll answer away. Don’t be too hard on me!

Joining the party… I did!

Well as I said to you already offline that was a phenomenal run. Nothing to be disappointed with if you think about it. Sub 2.50 is just arbitrary...you think there's any difference in fitness or potential if you run 2.49.59 vs 2.50.01? It's just a mental thing.

Brilliant running. 6.15 on mile 26 of a marathon.........words can't describe that. Amazing stuff.

In terms of the arbitrary target, you were just unlucky with distance. 26.36 and you're sub 2.50. Wouldn't overthink it. Delighted for you on a massive result.

I've very much enjoyed the log.

Buy a pair of alphafly 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

That was a superb block of training, that was a superb result, that was a superb report.

All top notch.

Noonan will hate me for saying this - but when people say that xx.xx is an 'arbitrary' target - I'd nearly tell them what you told the twosome at the finish line!! Its your milestone, your trained hard for it and you wanted to cross it. (......Sorry Paul)

However - you'll have more marathons and you'll cross that milestone - you have a target now! I'd rate the performance higher than a 7.5 - your splits are fantastic - super consistent and given the course profile, I dont know what else you could have done?

You're in the "if's and but's" zone now regarding the analysis - but its fair to say you can go faster, without a doubt. There's a remarkable time there for you - I do think you're only getting started.

Haha no need to apologise. I'd probably feel the same in his shoes ... easy for me to dish out advice. I'd have been sickened with 3.00.01 last month.

Haha I’ll need to referee between you men!! In splintering fashion you are both right. I think a sub4 or a sub3 attempt is a different sort of milestone and to miss that so narrowly would’ve been gutting. But narrow is narrow and it means almost every step mattered. I had no way of knowing how much over the 26.2 it would be and when I couldn’t see a finish line I didn’t get that all important shot in the arm that would’ve brought about an earlier sprint. That said 6:15 backed up by nearly half a mile at 5:40 pace. For a fella averaging 6:27 that’s embracing any kinda hurt. That mile 22 I can’t get out of my head. I ran it fairly blind and just had a take it as it comes attitude.

But it’s true to say that I got an awful lot more right than wrong yesterday. That’s it put to bed for now, I wouldn’t imagine I’ll do Cork again but it was a good experience. Next up is Dublin and I’ll think about Belfast then and look about using this time for London next year. Great to be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

It's a great run, had to laugh at the cranky bits. I've been the marshall and having runners shout at you is never any fun, because you're already getting dog's abuse from pedestrians and motorists. Red mist indeed.

Considering the lack of congestion at your end of the race, getting nearly 26.4 on the watch suggests you didn't run a great line. I got 13.16 for the half, and that was being very conscious of running the shortest route through long bends, and there are a good few of them - especially the tunnel in the full marathon.

Maybe you should have paid more attention to that boring expo speech! Running a good line will certainly shave a few seconds off the next one.

https://www.corkathletics.org/news/2565-how-far-did-you-run-in-the-cork-city-marathon.html?fbclid=IwAR02h3kQbgbVfJnWglxzlHhsbWKhiGyPdxwz_soeRqOtU38PQXkOc-z6yxM

Well done. Game of inches!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Well done. Interesting reading when I know the route so well. There’s a few spots such as the tunnel, South City Link and a couple more wide bendy roads where you can unwittingly add a lot of distance. I did 13.29 in the half in 2019 and 13.14 Sunday (having remembered my extra distance in 2019). It’s very frustrating. I think the tunnel also screws up the gps on the watch a bit too.

Fantastic splits regardless. Recover well.

My run or the run? Haha! Thanks if you mean the latter! Aw I know. I do regret those to some extent but Marshalls need to be on the ball and more times I saw people going and almost went the wrong way myself because some statue couldn’t put his hand up. But yes I understand I’m far too hot about it.

Yea I get that. I did take the near bend wherever I could I think the grassy areas and places like footpaths because I think they all count. Anyhow I’m not giving out about the distance really as much as it may have cost me a little bit. Your perfect line would have taken me in at 26.32 it takes very little to add 0.07 to that.

I didn’t say that I didn’t listen to him I took it on board and I did cut corners where I could. I appreciated his talk but I think a better map would have been a good start. That shouldn’t surprise him the day before the race.

Thanks for your message before and after. I don’t fully agree but I certainly see your point.

Thanks very much. Yea I was conscious as often as I could be about taking corners narrowly. Sometimes on a downhill running hard I’d need to protect my ankles so I’d take it a bit wider and more carefully.

Much appreciated. I’ll do my best but I’m itching to get back at it!

Little update of sorts. First session back this morning.

2 mile warm up and cool down

4x1mile alternated between 6:30s and 7:00s with 60 seconds walk.

Splits were 6:28, 6:45, 6:30 & 6:59.

There was a 60 second walk recovery as well and I found that a big help. Muscles seemed to loosen by doing that. I just stopped the watch and guessed the 60 seconds.

• Advertisement

Hi all. I suppose it’s time I let you all know what way things are going. The Strava guys will know I’m still training away for DCM and it’s going quite well. In my personal life there’s been a bit of upheaval. Myself and herself have split up. Not what I wanted at all. The past month has been so hard being in a limbo and then past week or so has been very difficult too. Every emotion under the sun is hitting me and I’m just trying to be patient as I get used to things. Please dont comment anything on Strava about this if you follow me. I’m not going to go too far into the personal aspect on this forum because I don’t think that’s what it’s for. I’m not ok but I’m trying to get there.

On the running front I was banging out 70 plus miles per week and then last week a niggle hit. My orthotics are done. Great timing. If I’d be at myself lately then I would have thought to order new ones but that’s just that. New ones arrived now and I’ll break them in tomorrow I hope.

I did the 3/4 marathon in Meath on Sunday.

I wasn’t sure until Saturday that I was even for doing it as my glute/groin were both sore until Saturday. Did some foam rolling and stretching and decided to go through the rituals as best as I could remember.

Arrived down in Longwood and warm up went ok. Said a few things to myself and met a guy I was to join and pace with.

Time was 2:03:29 on the chip. 6:15 average per mile. Faster than I ever thought I could go. Conditions were horrendous. Windy, rainy etc but I really enjoyed it. I wound up in a wee group of 3 and we chatted along the way. 2 measuring in miles and the other kms so there was a bit of mental maths to distract. 20 miles didn’t really feel too far, I’m sure it will in a couple of weeks.

Splits: 6:24, 6:23, 6:25, 6:14, 6:20, 6:18, 6:21, 6:13, 6:13, 6:18, 6:20, 6:20, 6:13, 6:09, 6:06, 6:09, 6:20, 6:07, 6:08 and 5:58 for the 0.8 of a mile.

What does it mean for DCM?

For me very encouraging to come through a race. With such little sleep over the past while and such annoyance I feel very proud of the effort. 13th place as well had me chuffed when you consider some of the animals attending! I’d like to aim for 6:20s in Dublin which would take me in at around 2:46 or so.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

First of all, sorry to read about the personal troubles. Not an easy situation but time is a great healer and all that (and it really, really is)

Secondly, well done on the 3\4 - that's impressive, I know a few people who had rough days at the office down there because of the conditions. Without knowing what your training has looked like up until that point (session wise) its hard to form an opinion on your question about DCM.....looks like the volume is there anyway but if you could give us some more details on the kind of structure your weeks have taken and for how long etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭babacool

Muuuahhahahha. Glad I got you back in here with my comment. Looking forward to some good reads and stories about chasing cows 😁 (please interpret that comment however way you want to 😁).

i still don’t get this whole 3/4 marathon thing. Seems like you didn’t go all out nor do i know anyone who ever did. To me it’s a social long run but driving up for that? Not sure I would.

hope you haven’t bought a pair of alpha yet (think SB mentioned to get those after limerick). Don’t fall for Nike. 😁 fall for ASICS (at least that’s what I did. Not sure though how I will like them as I haven’t worn them yet).

wondering though, does coach have you on taper yet or starting next week?

Thanks lads.

9 weeks in a row I was 65 miles plus. Last 2 weeks have taken a five. 45 miles and 16 so far and that will be the lot.

The 45 week included that 20 mile race. But The next day I gelt some pain at the bottom of my left leg. Took a day, did a 10 miler with 6 at 6:40 and then saw physio. He pinched my Achilles and ruled me out for the rest of the week. Inflammation. I can use the exercise bike but that’s about it. Taking ibrufen and icing it. Not an ideal time to have an injury. This was to be a harder week than I had expected but it’s toilet now. Hoping for better news on Sunday evening when the physio said he’d look again. Walking around pain free is a positive sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Best of luck chief. Will give ya a few shouts on the way around 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Best of luck Sunday.

Thanks for the messages folks, I’ll give it my best shot. Training on the whole has been very good. Left calf been tight. Going to wear the vaporflys. Heading out conservatively and feeling my way into things then keep it steady until 18 miles. Push to 23/24 and then leave it all out there. That’s the plan anyhow

food plan attached for the last couple of days

Very best of luck on Sunday😊

2:48:08 chip time

might do a report at some stage. Very hard day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Fantastic running, impressive

Advertisement