Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭jacool

Power Of Dreams - Cyprus Avenue (tick)

The War On Drugs - 3 Arena

Tindersticks (with orchestra) - NCH

The National (2020 rescheduled) - Marquee

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

...a couple more to add

Joe Jackson gigs in Ireland were cancelled, so seeing him in York in July (only other time I've seen him was when he was supporting the Stones at Roundhay Park in Leeds back in 1982)

Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall next week - the Who acoustic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Very impressive lists altogether Beasty, fair play I'm trying to fit a few gigs in, looking forward to Nick Mason next month at Pixies in July then a pile of festivals in between and after.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Was to my first gig in more than 2 years Saturday night. The Mysterines in the Workmans Cellar.

For those who don't know them they're not around long maybe a couple of years. 4 piece indie/alternative rock band from Liverpool with a very strong voice from the front woman. They've been on and off the BBC6 play list for the last year or so and have a handful of very good tunes. 'Hung Up' is very strong and my favourite. Released their first album a couple of weeks ago so their playlist was limited, played only about an hour.

So it was a relatively short gig but was something to plan the night around and I really enjoyed it. If you like strong hardish guitar rock of the indie/alternative style give em a google. They're worth it and I expect and look forward to hear more from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Cheers for the recommendation. Just downloading the album now 👍

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Glad you like them. I think they're really good. Bought the CD off their website on release day but sadly it hasn't arrived yet. Gig was good and very close. Barely a hundred people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just back from White Lies in Vicar Street. What a treat, great gig and great crowd. Apart from one knob at the front starting a fight with someone enjoying themselves

I may put Boris Brejcha to my list of gigs, found out he's playing in Dublin on April 2nd.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Messrs Daltrey and Townshend at the Royal Albert Hall on Friday evening. I think time is finally catching up on Pete, but Roger can still belt it out at over 78 years of age

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The 2022 gig journey starts tonight

Less Than Jake in Whelans, can't wait

Stage times

7pm- Doors

7.45pm-Mille Manders and the shutup

8.40pm- Less Than Jake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

Good band in the 1960's - The Who Sell Out is a gem of an album. Research book and glad to be free of Brussels hypocrite would put me off.

It's so great to be back at gigs for 2022 after the restrictions have be lifted fully

Loved Less Than Jake, got a little startled as i didn't know the setup in whelans main room was a little different to Opium. Thankfully got a great view and it was great. Setlist was a bit different than expected but what can ya do. They seem to have blanked 'in with the out crowd' album for some reason

Plenty more to come in 2022 and please god beyond

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Guns n Roses in June is my only scheduled one for this year but I think I'm going to try for a refund. The new date is crap and at this point in time the thought of having to get to Marley Park and home again after is very unappealing.

But also conflicted as probably last chance to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I thought the gig was on a weekend until I saw your comment. Tuesday night!! In Marley Park Ridiculous. There will be lots of people off loading tickets as we get closer to the gig. Work commitments will arise.

That being said, I know I'll be picking one up myself and will go. Have never seen them live. But the midweek aspect of it is a little off putting.

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea I'm only in Wicklow so not a big journey for me but still a complete nuisance getting in and out of there, but it'll be far worse for those travelling from afar, will probably mean 2 days off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Protomartyr

La Luz

Low

Shellac

Bambara

The Lovely Eggs

Earthless

Gustaf

Squid

Mogwai

Spiritualized

Oh Sees

Jane Weaver

Bdrmm

Otoboke Beaver

Om

Conflict

Just Mustard

Parquet Courts

Primal Scream

Fu Manchu

Godflesh

Wet Leg

The Cure

Maybe a few others too.

Plus HRH Psych Festival (Liverpool), ATN, Electric Picnic.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Beasty we have a competitor for you with the amount of gigs attending. 😄

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Otoboke Beaver should be a hoot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

They're in the Button Factory Mon. 26 September. It was originally scheduled for 2020.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I have no memory of when half of these are happening so they probably won't be in order.

Seen:

David Byrne's American utopia

Billy Joel

Salty dog cruise

To come

Frank Turner

Chuck ragan

Grace Petrie

Menzingers

Mountain goats

Flogging Molly

Gaslight anthem

GnR

Hella mega tour

Eagles

Social distortion

Garth Brooks

Lost evenings

I'm sure I've forgotten some.

Last Monday, Nottingham and the Fratellis (received a drumstick courtesy of Mince Fratelli)

Tuesday, round the corner in Nottingham, and Imelda May

Wednesday over to Hull and Paul Weller

Thursday the Manfreds in Harrogate (with a couple of octogenarians, including original Manfred Mann singer Paul Jones)

(had already taken in a couple of football and one cricket match over the previous weekend)

9 down, 35 to go

1 down 7 gigs to go (at the moment ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

Last night, 1st of 3 gigs at Saint Lukes Church, for Bellx1, with Dowry strings

Few new tracks played, hopefully a new album on the way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

1st gig of 2022 take 3 - Halestorm were first up but got Covid a few days before , then Royal Blood cancelled their Dublin gig.

Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls - Academy - 10th of April

Teenage Fanclub tonight for me 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wilco in New York. Short but very very sweet.

Tuesday, Sting plus son Joe - 115 in total

He does not look that much older than the time I first saw him at Live Aid nearly 37 years ago

Wednesday - QSP - Suzi Quatro, Andy Scott and Don Powell - 220 years, 107 days between the three of them

Don Powell breaks the 40 year mark - the time between me first seeing him with Slade, and seeing him perform a couple of songs with QSP in the middle of the Suzi Quatro gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,151 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hoping this is OK, but have a ticket for Truckfighters next Saturday if anyone wants it. Not looking for money, would be nice if it didn't go to waste

Advertisement