Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV Monitoring/Automation Thread

Options
1646566676870»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭jasgrif11

Anyone know why these bursts happen in HomeAssistant and how to prevent them?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

I'll have a root about later and start making those changes. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Have a look at the base data for those two loads in a graph and see if you can work out where the data error is creeping in - ie is it happening on one or two sensors at the same time, and if so what's in common with those two. I used to get data errors from some source devices such as temperature sensors where one sensor would report 100,000 degrees C for one report only, and then return to normal temperature levels afterwards.

I also had an issue with microinverter software reporting duplicate data when more than one master device was reading data off the inverters. So it's going to need a bit of digging around to find the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mjatkey

Thanks for the offer, I've ordered a Dell Wsye (second hand) that already has the application installed so am hoping to set it up trial and error wise, I have the Solis account set up and have a lot of Tuya and eWe smart devices dotted around the house and garden.

All I need now is the kit installed (middle of May).

Reading bits on the website I see you can integrate the Tuya devices relatively easily, I assume the panels, inverter and batteries will be handy enough?

Thanks

A Dell Wyse preinstalled with what, Home Assistant? Care to share the link?

• Advertisement

Ebay, there are a few of these for sale, but this one caught my eye as it seems to have HA installed already. I have an old Rasberry Pi that I use for media streaming but not sure it would be upto running HA as well, plus I didn't want to start messing with it in case I messed up all the music on it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

That should do the trick. For anyone else out there who's thinking the same, I run mine on an old Lenovo laptop that I had. Installed "Hyper-V" in windows (it's a Windows feature not installed by default), downloaded the Pre-installed virtual hard drive from the Home Assistant website for this, and 20 minutes later I was up and running. I have the laptop on 24x7 set to low power state with the screen off etc, and the power adapter is hooked into a Meros smart plug, which does power consumption tracking, and here's what it shows since I set it up early April.

About 4-5 watts, equating to 3-4 cents/day.

To be fair, I'm a software developer myself, so happy enough to play about with things, but honestly, anyone with a reasonable familiarity of computers will get HA up and running….and plenty of people on here to help if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

And for anyone else who has access to an old Thin-Client PC (I've a Lenovo M73 Tiny ) loaded with Linux-Mint. On this, I have configured SSH and RDP (DON'T set it to Auto logon), and it runs Docker with Portainer, Home Assistant, Node-Red and several others. It's in the shed with the inverter, no keyboard nor monitor. Plenty of USB ports if needed.

Super easy to restart any program without restarting the whole PC

Lets hope I'm as successful as you guys, I’m reading a lot on HA forums about what type of dongle/data logger does and doesn’t work easily with the Solis inverter and the integration into HA.

I assume the dongle comes in the box, or is it a paid for addon. (I assume not as the whole Solis cloud wouldn’t work without connection to the net?)

I’ll maybe drop the suppler a mail and see if they know what version I’ll get or am I over thinking it?

Thanks

If when you get it the BIOS password is still set then try "Fireport" and that should get you in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

A good overview of the Solis data loggers is here:

The DLS-W is hard to obtain now because it is no longer produced, but it allows concurrent access to Solis Cloud and Home Assistant. If you don't care for Solis Cloud, then a S2-WL-ST will provide you with Modbus TCP access from Home Assistant. Outside of that then you are into more DIY solutions.

Advertisement