Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV Monitoring/Automation Thread

Options
1636465666769»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Thanks Jonathan, Is it a case of the integration needs to be updated to make recursive mounts writeable to get around the new behavior?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

No, it's an issue in ha core itself, possibly some steps missed in the upgrade.

I resolved it with ha core rebuild and this allowed me to remain on 12.2.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Thanks for that to get it running again.

Ive asked before, but how do you use the solarman intergration to send values to the inverter again? just need a point in the right direction again. I never moved to it last time, but theres something new I want to do.

I will get around to making a PR to add the timed charge and discharge values be in the github for the solis too

solarman.write_holding_register and solarman.write_multiple_holding_registers are what you're looking for.

Go to Developer Tools and Service tab and there are filled examples there of the parameters.

• Advertisement

Perfect, just need to setup some helpers and buttons and fire it off in an automation

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JayBee66

As Solarman 1.5.1 does not work for everyone, is it possible to achieve the same write commands using your pysolarmanv5?

I'd need to be led by the hand here, with an example using the HA front end rather than any coding away from HA.

Thank you.

Was working last night on a new pysolarmanv5 release which I hope will fix the issues you've been seeing. Not ready yet, but might give you a ping with instructions once ready and you can do some testing while controlling your inverter.

If you were able to get the modbus spec of the inverter, a definition could be made to support the kstar inverter (I assume that's the reason the addon doesn't support it? )

Solarman 1.4.3. works fine. I helped with the KStar definition. There's just something that 1.5.1 doesn't like about my setup and refuses to work. There are other KStar users that don't have an issue. I am the unlucky one. There are a few other inverters that are having problems with 1.5.1 too.

I don't mind doing without 1.5.1 so long as I can cobble something together with minimal coding on HA, using pysolarmanV5.

• Advertisement

Could you just run with 1.4.3?

The solarman addon is built on the pysolarmanv5,

Do you still have the definition yaml that worked for you before

I do run 1.4.3 but I believe pysolarmanv5 wasn't fully integrated with Solarman until 1.5.1

1.4.3 doesn't allow writing to registers, just reading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭championc

I am running HA on Docker. It was running a late 2023 version of HA, so I changed the image in my docker-compose.yaml to "latest" and it updated the image.

My Deye is connected via a USB cable

I have an automation to discharge the battery to certain levels every hour (if the SOC% is above a certain point). But for the past two nights, it has not automatically run. But once I rebooted the Linux Mint PC running HA (in Docker), it immediately kicked off the discharging. So this section is once above 75%. Each hour I discharge up to 15%, so by 2am, I will have 30% remaining.

choose:
    conditions:condition: time
    after: "22:00:00"
    before: "22:59:59"
    sequence:if:condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.ss_battery_soc
    above: 75
    then:device_id: DEYE
    domain: select
    entity_id: Change DEYE Load Limit to first option
    type: select_first
    else:device_id: DEYE
    domain: select
    entity_id: Change DEYE Load Limit to last option
    type: select_last

This has run flawlessly until I upgraded HA, and what I don't understand is that a reboot fixes it immediately, with no change in code. So the YAML "must" be ok ….. or is it ???

Any suggestions of how to resolve this ?

Look at the traces on the automation in HA, It may shine some light on it and why it made that decision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I have seen silly things in relation to automations like for no reason they will not trigger, no logs nothing.

I reboot HA and they work.

Think might have to reboot again after an update to make sure.

That's the thing - i've rebooted now 2 nights in a row, so that's 2 post upgrade reboots.

I'll watch the Trace tonight and see what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭10-10-20

That's kind-of why I'm moving some stuff to Node-Red - it allows for a lot more debugging than what HA does or allows for.

As @grememuk says, you can look at the trace for the automation but I find these confusing at times. Other times I have to go plumb the depths of checking each and every sensor and device called, and sometimes you can find isolated sensor errors that trigger these. But many times it's just something that goes away after a reboot of not just HA, but of associated docker services and also the host (I get an issue on Proxmox where the /dev/ device for the z-wave USB device does not get created at the physical host level, for example).

A-ha

if/condition/0/entity_id/0

Executed: April 22, 2024 at 11:12:10 PM
    Result:

result: false
    message: value 'unavailable' is non-numeric and treated as False

So it's not reading my SOC value correctly

And after the restart of my Deye-Multi Docker Container

if/condition/0

Executed: April 22, 2024 at 11:18:10 PM
    Result:

result: true

if/condition/0/entity_id/0

Executed: April 22, 2024 at 11:18:10 PM
    Result:

result: true
    state: 70

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im rigged up to the Solis app via my installer. A few days ago the app showed 0kw generation. Checked the trip switch and that was up. Asked the installer to come fix the problem but they've been busy. Spoke to them again today and theyre saying others have had a problem with the Solis app and my system is 'probably' working. Is there a way for me to check that it actually is? The meter box has two digital displays on them with numbers, not sure what they are as they didnt leave me the instruction manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭con747

Check the inverter screen, the app has been iffy for me yesterday and on other days in the past but it's back working now. It usually happens when they roll out an update, a bit like vanilla here. It's just an app issue so the inverter will show what you are generating/using so no need to worry too much about it but make sure the inverter is showing activity to be safe.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

Sofar Home Assistant integration…

Thanks for the guidance I have been given so far with this project. I have made a huge amount of progress (I think) but I am now stuck. I have reached out for help on other Sofar dedicated forums but I haven't had any success.

I have my Sofar MQTT Device online, MQTT broker connected and reading from the inverter and Node Red configured and connected.

When I installed the dashboards all I see is "unavailable" for each entity.

I am not sure where to go from here… Any help would be hugely appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Not sure how this works as I don't have a Sofar, but if you look at the dashboard page and look at each of the unavailable sensors on there (edit the page to see the sensor name), do you have a corresponding entity in HA for each?

did you add this to your configuration.yaml in home assistant?

https://github.com/IgorYbema/Sofar2mqtt/blob/mod/Home%20Assistant%20example/configuration.yaml

This takes the json object that the sofar2mqtt spits to the mqtt broker, and pushes it into sensors in home assistant.

the mqtt in home assistant needs to be pointed at that same mqtt broker.

(doesnt need nodered)

Hi, I have added that version now, no change.

This is the MQTT Broker in Home Assistant… Looks OK I think?

Doesn't look I do… Can I delete them all and search again?

I think I have some cleaning up to do… Multiple instances of entities. I have probably confused things.

Advertisement