Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**** Starfield ****

Options

Comments

It really is one of those games where the more you play, the more it gives back to you.

I'm into my second play through now and I still feel like I'm new to this universe.

In this save I'm just living in a random unclaimed system, not doing any significant quests or factions. Just living on the frontier basically. Loving it.

There's no other game like this. Total freedom.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you join all the factions without consequence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah bit of context here maybe.

You can join all factions and complete their side missions, etc

BUT

the main campaign missions will eventually trigger a crises situation which will effect your loyalties of certain factions. So, my advice (if you want to enjoy a bit of all groups) just do the first few campaign missions, then split off and deal with factions stuff and you will be able to complete all the storylines.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

I was fairly pissed off with that choice in F4. Seemed silly in some ways

Why, there were four factions. One was neutral, the Minutemen.

All other factions were opposed in one way or another. So obviously joining one will make you enemies of the others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cheers, I have missions now for maybe 3 different factions and wasn't sure if I joined one would it fail another factions storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TouchingVirus85

I have 50 hours clocked up in this game and I have only completed empty nest in the main missions. I paid the extra to play early too but I always have a break from gaming every so often. It's not because I didn't like the game I just give myself a break every so often to unwind. I cannot play games every single day but saying that some times I play a game for a few hours every evening for a few days but then I take a break. I don't know what it is but mentally I can't do it.

I love flying around the place with my jet pack. (It's a powerful jet pack) I fly high on planets with gravity and planets with low gravity I'm like a chopper flying around with my mini gun mowing pirates down. I also climb up above buildings that you are not suppose to be. Shame the devs never put anything up there. I always check just in case.

• Advertisement

Post deleted. What's the thinge for spoilers again ?

Edit: Cheers for the answer CatInABox

So my Q : is there anyway to board crashed Starborn ships on planets? It keeps saying the door in inaccessible?

Post edited by TheValeyard on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Select what you want to spoiler, then click the paragraph button (looks like a bolded backwards P next to a vertical line) to the left of what you've selected, click the double quotation marks, and the spoiler button will be in there

No, you can't do the thing in the spoilers... yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Must say I'm loving it so far, seems like any detour leads to hours of side content, went to kill a bounty, got a distress call from a farm, rebooted satellites, brokered a defense treaty and am now leading a small fleet to combat.

Also starting to delve in ship building out of necessity, getting my ass handed to me in ship combat (usual 3v1) at hard difficulty, any reason to keep the frontier? Took a bounty hunters ship so might start using that as my base ship.

I'm playing on hard difficulty too. The trick with ship combat is to be aggressive in your movement, which necessitates putting power into your engines. So having a speedy ship is very useful.

My current combat ship is a fast glass cannon essentially. It can't take too many hits, but it's also very hard to hit due to how I pilot it, and it's weapons tear ships apart.

I'm sure there are other tactics to employ. But being aggressive works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

If elite has taught me anything it's shields shields shields

I'm actually surprised the ship combat is as good as it is. I was totally expecting arcade style combat, but it's surprisingly tactical. Especially on harder difficulties.

Ship building is great fun. I've lot a lot of time swapping parts in and out of the Razerleaf. The only thing I've kept is the real high level engines.

Everything else has been swapped out to make a huge and powerful gunboat which large storage. I can easily take on four - five enemies. But the fun is that still the Razerleaf and lot of the time, the Spacers just jump away when they see me.

I've been using the mantis since near the beginning of the game. It also has a shielded storage compartment. I once went to a new location and this cheeky guy started talking to me over the com. Then suddenly he says, 'Oh, shít it's the mantis. Here take these credits'. We talked a bit longer and then hands me more credits saying sorry it's all I have and then warped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Good reason for that given the story of the quest, only did it yesterday.

Nice little touch in fairness

• Advertisement

Another patch released.

A small update has gone out for Starfield on Xbox Series X|S, Microsoft Store, and Steam. This update addresses some issues with performance and stability as well as a few general gameplay issues. We are continuing to work on a larger update that will add features and improvements that we noted in our last update notes. Thank you so much for your continued feedback and support of Starfield and we look forward to a future with you on this journey.

Starfield 1.7.33 Update - Fixes and Improvements

General

Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.

Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.

Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.

Graphics

AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.

Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.

Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.

Performance and Stability

Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.

Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.

Ships

Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.

Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So where do I start with base building and ship building? I'm about 20 hours in and haven't looked at either. Will I be introduced to them through missions or should i plonk a base down on the nearest planet and see how it gets on?

There isn't much of a tutorial for either tbh. You just sort of figure it out.

You're probably best to ask on here. I know a decent amount about outpost building and I'm happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

I just had the most annoying bug. I still have intermittent crashing on XSX so I play mostly on SteamDeck via Cloud. My game lagged badly for about 10 seconds before crashing. When I loaded back up 4 hours of gameplay was gone! Last save went from 1am to 9pm the day before! No way to recover it either. I'm 55 hours in and love the game but feck me am i annoyed after that bug!

Have you updated the game? I had a few crashes at the beginning but it's stopped since the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

My game on PC is still crashing to desktop quite a bit since the update. It usually happens when exiting the inventory back to the game screen. I have auto save turned off too. The only thing I can think of is I am running a DLSS 3.5 mod which perhaps needs updating in case the latest patch changed anything related to rendering.

I'd imagine there will be a fair amount of conflict between mods and the game while it gets updated over the next year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭PixelPlayer

Having managed to avoid reading anything (other than the friendly spoiler free chat on here, thank you!), watching any videos or hearing anything about the game I eventually lowered my guard and decided to listen to a spoiler free podcast, which mentioned some stuff about NG+

They mentioned that you should do the main story first because the game doesn't really start properly until after that. I'm only about 30 hours into the game as I have very limited weekend only game time. So I focussed on the main story and got it finished.

I have to say, I think it was bad advice. I had loads of side quests on the go and was really happy with the direction I was taking the story with the choices I made. I had built up my assets with cool customised ships and outposts.

I can't imagine how anyone could be satisfied having rushed the main story and then getting to NG+. It would be mostly meaningless without having built up your own universe by playing all the side quests. Isn't the whole point that you get to make different choices? Clearly you're meant to have finished the game first.

Needless to say I had made a save right before hand and I'm back to my pre NG+ game.

I'm like you I never watched any content about the game even leading up to release but I do that with all games as I feel you ruin the experience. I just play the game and find out what's, what.

I also played the game different than you I have been doing all side quests saying that though I obviously done a few main missions at the start but yes I would feel you ruined the game on yourself by playing all the main missions and none of the side content.

• Advertisement

I don't see the need to play every single side quest because I know I'll be doing multiple different characters in the future. I save some of the quests for those characters, depending on their build and backstory.

Advertisement