Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine seizure - Dublin Port

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Allinall

No I don't understand.

You said "Anyone who supports the war on drugs has even more blood on their hands".

Where's the blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Unlike You I don't have a crystal ball, will u lend it to me, I wanna get the winning lottery numbers. If those criminals turned to other types of crimes, we would have a redundant drug squad who could pursue them for any nefarious activities. Let's try it before we knock it, if it doesn't work, revert to prohibition

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

It's the same gangs bringing in weed and coke, so same "people being beheaded" crime really.

Your support of this unwinnable war on drugs causes causes the gangland deaths. That's where the blood is. Legalize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Dissappointingly No arrests :(

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Trust me I don’t but I don’t get to decide who goes into certain pubs / venues around the country and then try to either ingratiate themselves into your company or act the General fûckwit in other confrontational scenarios.

and because a lot of famous and talented people, in the field did coke it should be ok for everyone to do it ? Interesting argument..

They certainly can afford the best help if things go arse over tit anyway.... don’t have to worry about mortgages, car loan, bringing the kids to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭thefallingman

having a couple of pure weed pipes a day is a great way to give up smoking tobacco too, once over the initial glum and withdrawal of nicotine after 2 months its easy to knock the pure weed pipe on the head if that's what you want.(so i've heard ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,117 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

One doesn't need a crystal ball to be able to see beyond one step in a nonsensical "plan" (which is no more than parroting a buzzword or phrase heard elsewhere).

Coke-users ingratiate with other users. Non-coke users are often bigger fuckwits. I've admired your comments on the Dublin GAA thread, but you must have heard that coke-users have taken it in the toilets of Hill 16.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cokeheads get on with other cokeheads. That's it

They're obnoxious to absolutely everyone else. Aggressive, mouthy, hair-trigger anger and so on.

Drug for twats to become super-twats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

:) coke use is fairly widespread, id wager it’s in every pub in the country almost by now....

my local pub had to be swift to weed a certain element of aggressive coke dickhead out and had their security threatened in the process... a nice welcoming pub that began to get a bit out of hand on weekends at times as the ‘heads’ got barred from less salubrious establishments in the area. Security were visiting the bathrooms...as were Gardai who were doing the odd walk in / walk around ... the pub is owned by a well respected ex Garda and the other brother moves in political circles so there I’m sure was some influence in that I’d ‘guess’, but within weeks the coke users disappeared as fast as they arrived. I’m sure there would still be the odd one but tables of ‘heads’ is certainly a thing of the past..

So how come Paul McCartney, Keith Richards, Kate Moss, Nigella Lawson etc are millionaires. Obviously at lot of people don't share your opinion and they pay good money to make them rich. How many people would people would pay to listen to your opinions on coke.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Being a millionaire doesn't stop you being an asocial, aggressive twat on coke. And I'm fairly sure they all are.

Its a twats drug.

How come George Best was an alcoholic millionaire yet all the dipsos down in the local early house can't even get their game for the Irish national senior soccer team.

And that is saying something.

It's about 50 years since Nixon declared the War on Drugs, it took 6 to defeat Hitler. decades before that the USA tried to prohibit alcohol, how did that work out. Do you think this PLAN, the War on Drugs is working. Do u still believe that man who comes down the chimney in December is real.

Apparently murder is against the law too. It was even in common law before there were any statutes against it. And how has that worked? Obviously making it illegal hasn't worked because people are still murdered.

Maybe we should legalise murder so? Following your logic

Unless ya believe in Santy Claus ya must agree with me?

Apples and Oranges, Murder involves a non-consenting victim, Buying and selling coke is consensual. Big difference.

Apples and Oranges, Murder involves a non-consenting victim, Buying and selling coke is consensual. Big difference.

No it doesn't have to. Consent is not a defence against the statute of murder. You can tell me that you don't want to live any more and I can go to your house, and with your consent, shoot you in the head. I will still be found guilty of murder if it is proven that I did that.

As a recent well known example, Graham Dwyer allegedly murdered that poor lady with her consent.

If course people become addicted to weed. Nicotine is highly addictive, but yet I can take up a cigarette and not take another for 6 months. I'm not addicted. I can drink today and not again for months, I'm not addicted.

But they are both addictive substances, saying people don't become addicted to them because I havent, is just wrong.

• Advertisement

I'm not advocating the legalization of murder, I am of cocaine. I don't understand the Graham Dwyer case in this debate, it reminds me of Hitler's suicide. Can u or anyone else give me ONE good reason why cocaine is and should remain illegal

And all through the period of "the war on Drugs", the CIA and other organisations supported the production and distribution of drugs. The US loves to make grandiose moral statements, but does a poor job in backing them up. The plan was never intended to work, except as a propaganda piece for politicians to gain public support. They were content to allow it's distribution among the Hispanics and African Americans, and only started to care <somewhat> when white people started using themselves. Anyway, the declaration against cannabis was driven more by commercial reasons than any real care about it's effects.

Class A drugs should continue to have a zero tolerance policy towards them, but Class B/C should be legalised/regulated, reducing the income they provide to criminal organisations. The legalisation of such drugs would go a long way to "cleaning up" what's available and reducing the risks involved in their usage. Besides all the medical advantages that drugs such as cannabis provide to a wide range of people suffering disorders where cannabis can reduce the effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Because it's addictive and extremely socially corrosive.

No more than alcohol I hear you say. Well if alcohol had been discovered and isolated as recently as cocaine, it would be illegal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Why keep Class A drugs illegal? It doesn't help reduce usage, it creates enormous profits for criminals and makes people into criminals. Legalise the lot and treat is as the social issue it is. A certain percentage of people will always seek these kinds of things out. Better to try and minimise the damage and try and steer them towards better choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

I know of 2 close friends who gave up weed and hash and continued to smoke cigarettes....

one of them suffers from panic attacks and anxiety which only appeared after giving up weed and now takes meds for it

the other was similar for a few months but it sorted itself out...

there's 2 sides to every coin... not everyone gets away from heavy hash/weed use unscathed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I know someone that was briefly institutionalized because they smoked so much weed. They had a complete mental break and it looks like it was completely due to how much they were smoking. I think anyone that says it's completely safe and harmless is naive (or something worse).

But it should still be legalised. Educate people on it properly and let them buy it in safe, regulated places where they know what they're getting. They're going to do it anyway. Better to try and help them not end up like my mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Ah jaysus we got to parody accounts of addiction and what that means.

Regardless of addictiveness of the substance weed causes a lot of harm to society and to a lot of people. I don't know what point you are trying to make really. Just because you or I easily gave it up doesn't really mean much on its own.

Germany is going to legalize recreational cannabis apparently? I guess Portugal decriminalized rather than legalized for sale?

BERLIN, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Germany could become the first European country to legalise cannabis and authorise its sale for recreational purposes, according to a coalition agreement for a new government struck by three parties on Wednesday. Many European countries, including Germany, have legalised cannabis for limited medicinal purposes. Others have decriminalised its general use, while stopping stopping short of making it legal.

The centre-left Social Democrats (SPD), Green and libertarian Free Democrats (FDP) agreed to introduce legislation during their four-year term to create the controlled distribution of weed in licensed shops. "We would evaluate the (weed) law after four years for social impact," the pact read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

No science to back up your wild brush stroke comments.

Advertisement