Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine seizure - Dublin Port

Options
123457»

Comments

Who is saying that the gangs will just go away?

Criminal organisations/gangs will simply switch their attention to another drug to compensate. Governments in Northern Europe are never going to completely legitimize drugs. It's not going to happen due to the "nanny" nature of their policies, which tend to involve exercising control over the choices people have, through the claim of protecting them from themselves. So, there will continue to be markets available for these gangs... however, we can limit some of those markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭McGarnigle2020

Accoring to the UN 1.6% of adults aged 15 to 64 have used cocaine at least once in the past year.

There are 3.2 million people in Ireland within that age group.

That would equate to 50,000 people using at least once.

I would imagine this would be a conservative estimate of the amount using in an average week, never mind at least once per year. Where do they get these figures from?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Some people seem to think if u take any illegal drug, you end up on the scrapheap, these high-achieving adults suggest otherwise. Another reason for legalization is 'cos it's my body my choice, another reason is, we've tried prohibition for decades and it clearly hasn't work, let us try the alternative. How much more of scarce taxpayers' money do we want to waste to stop people enjoying themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Consideration to dispense it in pharmacies.

True story.

In physics we trust....

Advertisement