Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciara_mar

I’m Kildare but I emailed the person I’m dealing with in clearance and asked her what department I’m being considered for. She has no problem telling me 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

Ok thanks. I might just do that so 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

I got the above reply from PAS on August 9th, so I don't think you too far away. I'm no 165 Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RC78

@citygirl22, I was told I was under consideration for Limerick City. I got an email when the pre-employment checks were complete, and then got my assigned department shortly after.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Tipp is an odd one They had a batch of 20 start in revenue in nenagh a few weeks ago. I'd assume a second batch could be called around Christmas.

Its also an extremely competitive panel. To score in the top 50 you need almost full marks in the psychometric tests.the top100 are all above 5800.

Also a lot of people apply when they currently hold CS jobs as the panel tends to move faster than mobility. So people wanting to move from Templemore to Clonmel etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CiaraBh78

Update on Galway:

They have reached oom 218 as of today 29/09/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Agreed ref Tipp as imagine it would be rare for anyone to commute from North Tipp to South Tipp on a daily basis

• Registered Users Posts: 5 missym3

Has any been assigned to the Department of Children, Equality, Disability integration and Youth in Dublin? Just been assigned there, no start date or location yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Judymoody12

For the person asking re: teaching experience - My nursing experience (hse) was recognised so worth checking with HR

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

Anyone know anything about the Department of Foreign affairs. am I more than likely looking at a customer facing role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

To anyone who has interviewed within the last two weeks, have they told you if you've passed or not? I had my interview two weeks ago and haven't heard anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Moll68

I was wondering why a County the size of Tipperary was moving so slow, very recently they were only at 52 so are you saying that most of these have been placed in Revenue in Nenagh? That seems strange - what about all the other offices and departments in the County? Why are they not filling places? I am oom just over 100 and score of 5847 and probably havn't a hope of getting called for interview stage and still I hear all the offices are crying out for staff? Is it always like this in Tipperary?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Add in maybe Union cost and income protection cost also on top that if thinking of joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Mines in progress since August 25th. Got assigned to DSP but don't know what section. So slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Hi, was your nursing experience previous or did you jump directly from HSE nursing to CO?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

Anyone who interviewed between the 12th - 30th Sept waiting on results, this is why:

The most recent batch of Clerical Officer interviews was scheduled for 12th - 30th of September.

Unfortunately, the results cannot be released until the batch is complete and everyone has been interviewed, as the results are sent to all candidates at the same time.

The results should be ready to be sent next week and will be sent within two weeks at the latest

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Most of the COs in DFA are assigned to the passport office.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisaod

Does anyone know what number their on in Co Mayo? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

Hi All, I think I’ve made a huge mistake 🤦🏼‍♀️.I handed in my resignation because they asked permission to contact my current employer for a reference. So I had to tell them and give notice. But I haven’t formally been given an offer. I’m being considered for the position. My pre employment checks are done and Garda vetting is done there onto references now ,have I jumped the gun to soon or is there a lot more checks to go before the position is offered and begins?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

I think you have the new position presuming the references are satisfactory. You might have to wait a while for official offer tho but I'd say you are OK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

Don't worry, when they say you are "being considered" it means they have a position for you, assuming garda vetting and references are okay.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

Is there any work from home in the passport office?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cazzieD56

No I don't think you have made a mistake, once they get your reference back, they will contact you...send them an email, they are very good about replying..good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Maglz22

Hi all, anyone know what OOM Kerry is at? I emailed a few weeks ago and they were at 142. Really hoping to get called for interview. This waiting game is torture :P

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

207 Cork, Limerick 137 called to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Up to 58 for Tipp, know a few people interested on here

Will this panel be open for two years? It says on the booklet until end of Feb 2023. I always thought they stay open for two years, can anybody enlighten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Maglz22

Hi @Moomooland its until 31st Jan 2023. I emailed asking a few weeks back.

@Maglz22 thank you for that. I must’ve been reading a different booklet 🤓🤭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Moll68

Thanks jkmanc1974 was tempted to check with them again but they might block me for stalking 😅 still moving pretty slowly but moving bit faster than it had been so 🤞🤞

Advertisement