Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Options
1125126127128129131»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 karenob1

Crap money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Thanks for that excellent input and guidance Karen. Well appreciated......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TotallyCrazy101

Hi all, I'm due to start a new role as a clerical officer tomorrow. It's a permanent role in my local Council and I've been dreaming of having an opportunity like this for years.

We got married last week, I'm in my mid 30s and I found out today that I'm a few weeks pregnant with my first child (it's very early like 2-3 weeks). I haven't told anyone yet. Not even my new husband. What should I do?

I will be on probation for the first 6 months as with any job - I don't want this to affect the stability of my role but inevitably I will have to take maternity leave at the end of the pregnancy. I'm afraid that if I do tell them now that they could decide to not keep me after the 6 months probation period is up. I know I will have to tell them eventually anyway. Am I right to be worried or am I panicking over nothing? Or should I wait for a few weeks till I know everything is OK with the baby?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

It'll be fine. A public sector body of all employers isn't going to to get rid of you because you're pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Congrats on your news!

Do nothing for now. Wait the usual 8-10 weeks before telling your employer. Make sure you like the job etc.

I'd be very surprised if they're not v supportive and helpful. As long as you're doing your job reasonably well, and getting on with people, you will have no problems.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭peanutk

@TotallyCrazy101 my friend started as a clerical officer in the November and she had her baby in the January. She is still there now this is 2 years later 😊dont be worrying i wouldnt turn down such a good opportunity 👏p.s Congrats ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 3 manurulefc

Hi Guys, I entered clearance on the 30/08, sent off my vetting the same day but it still says in progress when I check it online, has anyone else had this issue as I had read it takes between 5-7 days for completion? Just looking for some sort of feedback on what may be the hold up!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PotatoMaster

I sent off my vetting on the 6th and came back on the 18th this month, all I’ve heard off people is that there’s a big backlog of vetting requests

Any idea what could be the hold up with mine then? Would it depend on the person who’s looking into it etc as to how long it takes?

Any idea what could be the hold up with mine then? Would it depend on the person who’s looking into it etc as to how long it takes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement