Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

What's that

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EdwardP2022

Hi guys,

I have a interview for a clerical officer grade 3 role for the lmetb this week.

Any advice/tips for the interview process?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭burkemg

This forum is for civil service only, there may be another one for ETB interview panels as the competencies may be different. Good luck with your interview

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 drippininheat

If the new panel is for the passport office only.....I Wonder would this mean that the existing panel would be extended beyond Jan 31st 2023 to fill other roles that may come up. Keeping in mind there's not Passport offices in each county throughout the country 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭crinkley

the new competition is only for a Dublin panel, the booklet will be out tomorrow and we will know more then

@EdwardP2022 ETB competencies are similar to civil service. Have a look at this from pubic jobs - https://publicjobs.ie/en/information-hub/our-recruitment-process/interview-advice. Some good interview advice there.

A question I heard of being asked before was around the biggest challenges facing admin staff - they were looking for awareness of data protection concerns (such as sending emails to the wrong people, not removing previous thread in emails, etc. )

Bes of luck in your interview.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mick001

Anyone start in AGS recently? If so how long from interview to appointment? I past interview over 5 months ago and no contract, start date location etc. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dublin.85

@Mick001 Yes I started in AGS recently. Passed interview beginning of May. Got start date the end of July. Did you complete Garda vetting?

Post edited by Dublin.85 on

• Advertisement

Thanks for reply vetting completed, on assignment notice. Also passed interview beginning of May. Hope all going well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 euphdub

Hi . I see from the information book that this role pays 507 Weekly at the entry scale . Do you know if that is take home or gross ? I'm currently deciding on leaving my trade in the construction industry. Which I have done for the past 24 years for a career change although it would be close to a 50% reduction in take home pay .

Tough decision with a young family

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭crinkley

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dublin.85

@Mick001 Strange you're waiting so long. Are you Dublin or country? I'm Dublin.

Yeah all going well thanks.

Have you received notice of assignment yet? When was your Garda vetting done?

If you have had notice of assignment I would contact the department you've been assigned and ask for an update.

I've contacted HR in AGS but have no reply. Its frustrating as my current role is due to finish soon. I've 2 kids, am renting and not on hap. Location is Dublin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

I think you are able to turn down a role if it is located too far away and stay on panel? I forget the exact distance but think it's somewhere around 30 miles I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Just had interview for Westmeath, was no 165 on panel. I think it went well, would say just have an example for each competency they gave us. Was also asked why I want to work for Civil Service. 10 days to find out if I got it!

My take home is about 380, now Idk why its so low dunno if that's the average but my husband earns more so maybe he takes my credits. I took about a 400 a week cut in wages for this job. I save on commuting costs, I worked in Dublin City (live in midlands) so I saved on food I bought daily due to the misery of the commute. I have another baby on the way too, so two under two.. the only reason I think it's worth it is for family life and benefits. The private sector is way too hostile right now. But factor in your mortgage, rent etc can you afford to take the cut.

I'm young so maybe it was easy, I'm only out of college 4 years but I would never look back. I spent 4 years in private sector miserable. I feel like a new person.

I swear it's not a department head writing this as propaganda 😭🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

Anyone heard of any offers going out in Kilkenny? I got my interview results nearly 2 weeks ago but nothing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Some people are saying the new co campaign is for the passport office. Anyone who currently works here can you share what the job is like and what things you do day to day? Is it easy work, no stress.

I’ve applied but I’d be taking a 4K pay cut, I work in airport starting at 4am doing 12 hr shifts night shifts weekends etc. so want a better work life balance really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭nhg

Think Revenue will be taking in a batch for training early in the new year - they usually take about 10 at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hfelloni

That’s gross went up from 485.60 last week ! I’m new in it’s tough at start definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

I was told there was WFH available in my section but it's not guaranteed it's up to my manager. Is it likely to be turned down if its available.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

Hi all anyone get the Department of Social Protection. Any info would be great. What are the working hours? Is there good training? Is there WFH ? Or is it all in the office ? If the office opening hours are 3 days a week 9-1 how are the rest of the hours worked up ?

I would like to hear any info from anyone who is working in the dsp. I’m new to the civil service so I’ve no idea how the hours work.

It depends what section your in. If you get the NPT you can work from home 5 days a week and do standard flexi, no face to face with customers. I think it's not as flexible if you are in a local office. Not sure how them office opening hours work, my local is 9/4 daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 foliage77

I have been given an offer and started pre-clearance. I am currently out of work sick after a hospital stay and was due back in a week or so but Ive been out for 8 weeks, will this affect my pre-clearance, Im panicking now that I will be turned down for being out sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EdwardP2022

Hi guys,

I did the interview for a temp clerical officer grade 3 role for LMETB on Friday. They said they would come back to the candidate they want to hire mid week this week. Would it generally take that long for them to decide or would the right candidate have already been contacted?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭burkemg

No information here on the ETBs they probably have a separate forum. This forum is for Clerical Officer public/civil service (public jobs) only. I'm sure you'll hear from them within the time frame they told you in the interview they generally do. For public jobs (PAS) in my case it took 8 days.

• Advertisement

Il correct myself. 4 days a week at home 1 on office as a min.

Advertisement