Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luna8

I’ve just been assigned to the Department of environment, climate and communications. Anyone any idea on the WFH policy, and what it’s like working in this sector? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

Does anyone know (roughly) what OOM they reached in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi hope u are enjoying your new role...my Friend has also being placed in Dept of Justice she didn't receive the location yet but we looked it up and I see it's city centre location just wondering how long the training goes on for and how long before you can apply to work from home

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jellybean920

Hi I have just been placed in the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth. Has anyone else been placed here ? I’m just wondering what it’s like. Thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭I am me123

Has anybody that has been assigned to DSP in the last few weeks still waiting on a start date? 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AarRussell33

Apologies if posting in the wrong section or if this has been covered already. Have been offered a position within HR department of revenue, yet to find out full details regarding option for WFH etc. Does anyone know if I do WFH do I need to purchase my own equipment, laptop etc or is this provided?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Provided

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mumto1

AarRussell33 the laptop, keyboard, mouse etc should be provided I think. Then you do a Home Ergonomics course and then an assessment for health and safety. You might be provided with deskchair and desk if necessary.

I just started on Monday good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mumto1

Just wondering about being paid, is it usually a backweek when you start first? I started on Monday just gone

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

You should be paid this week. No week in hand

• Advertisement

Sister has gone through Garda vetting. Will it be long before she gets a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Took 3 weeks before everyone I know started to be paid weekly unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Totally Red

Got it

Post edited by Totally Red on

@tritriagain I was assigned my department 3 days after my vetting was completed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi @Jellybean920, did it take long to receive a start date for you?

Assigned department on 15th June, and still waiting on a start date.

@I am me123 it all happened really fast for me, a couple of hours after I was assigned my department I got a call off HR with a start date. Maybe give PAS a call ? It’s horrible being stuck in limbo not knowing. I hope you hear something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

@I am me123 Once you have been assigned a position PAS are no longer responsible for your case, but it could be no harm to call them to ask for advice. However, it might be best to call HR of your assigned Department and ask for an update. You could say you were concerned you missed a call or an email - if you didn't know how to broach it.

I hope you get sorted soon, this is a long enough process without getting across the line and then waiting this long for a start date.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maurafur

I’m starting in a County Council Clerical on Monday. HR originally told me to take role in given location (1hr 10 drive) once in put in expression of interest to move to office 20 minutes away. Also was told start times were 8:30 to 4 or 9 to 4:30, contract specified 9 to 4:30. I feel I’m not going to get closer to home & have been sold a damp squib🙄 Do Councils adopt the new work from home policies as per Gov legislation??

Sister placed in national processing team DSP. Is this a specific section or will she be given more details later.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koolkat1

Hya Maurafur

i am just going for my medical for county council but i really dont want to be placed so far away this is my worry.

Are they not flexible with were they can put you and im wondering do they tell you before they look for references from employers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 maurafur

I’ll let you know more on Monday!! Even if I could work from home 2 days, it would help. I’m not willing to travel for 2 hrs plus every day especially for such bad pay 💰

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koolkat1

Hey sorry i jus came across your reply how did you get on and i don't blame you .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Logcabinlou123

Can someone please tell me what the lay out of a statement of employment should be my employer doesn't know .I know it should have dates of working in the job on it but what else?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

I helped a friend with recently as a private sector person joining the CS. He didn't know what to put so I wrote it for him to give to his HR to sign. The statement included:

1. Job title in the company
    2. Dates of employment
    3. Saying he was a good employee and his experience would be very applicable to being a Civil Servant
    4. Saying he took a negligible amount of sick leave (obviously if you have been unwell or injured in the past just redraft to your circumstances)
    5. Said they'd miss him very much as he was a great part of the team (he deleted that line(!))

On headed work paper (well a pdf) signed by someone in HR with a phone number and email contact to that person in HR if PAS had any questions. PAS took it (his HR didn't have a clue what to write so they appreciated the letter there ready to be signed once they knew a Civil Servant drafted it ;)). He's starting as an EO soon.

I don't know exactly where you work but you hit most of those those beats you'll be fine. Best of luck in the Civil Service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Logcabinlou123

Thank you so much my employer also did not know the layout as they were never asked for one before. i will show them this it will be a great help

• Registered Users Posts: 18 monaghan2022

Just headed paper so company name and or logo,

your name

start date

Position

salary

• Registered Users Posts: 48 HiggieL

All mine had was my employment dates and a contact number for my Hr should they require any further information. They never contacted them for a reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Luckyboy13

Does anyone know what OOM they are on for dublin please.Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jess113

Hi can any one tell me the average take home pay of a customs & revenue CO .

Also what's the training and medical like . I just got my 2022 posting for enforcement & investigations. To report to revenue in Dublin for 3 days training then straight to post in portarlington .

Have left the private sector as a social worker ,money not great for that considering the issues you have to put up with . Hoping the civil service is slightly better lol.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 OrangeOctopus

So, "average" take home pay isn't a thing; the pay is non-negotiable, all COs are on the same salary scale and you go up one point on the scale every year. After tax, on the first point of the scale and under the current pay agreement, its about 415 a week. The current salary scales are at this link.

It sounds like you got CO for one of the Revenue internal panels, rather than the nationwide CO 2022 campaign discussed in this thread. If you work in certain Revenue posts, you get one of two allowances on top of the CO pay scale. I cant recall exactly how much more you get, but its a percentage of your current earnings.

Advertisement