Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 specialk333

Great so far, seems like a really nice place to work and has flexi time so I’m delighted 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 37 VanBer

Do interview results generally issue by post or by email?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Notification to your Public Jobs account I believe

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MWManifest2023

Which department did you go to , I start in Department of Justice June 6th , nervous :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi all,

I just received the email below from the Public Appointments Service; Does this indicate that I will soon be offered a position?

I have a question regarding point 5 regarding referee email contact details for all employments within the last 3 years including current employer. Do they require supervisor/ manager name & contact email or how to phrase same ?

Dear (My Name),

I am emailing from the Public Appointments Service. I hope you are well.

You are now under consideration for a position from the Clerical Officer 2022 panel for (My County).

PAS now requires confirmation that you are willing to be considered for this position i.e. to enter into the pre-employment checks process. These checks are carried out to satisfy the Public Appointments Service that the candidate fulfils all necessary requirements. Prior to assigning any candidate for appointment to the position, the PAS will make all such enquires necessary to determine the suitability of that candidate.

To confirm that you are willing to be considered for the position, please return the following documentation (attached for your completion) by 5pm Friday 19th May.

1. Completed Candidate Self-Declaration
    2. Proof of eligibility of citizenship (Passport or Birth Certificate) Must be in date.
    3. Completed Garda E-Vetting form (a link will be issued to your email for completion once this form has been processed.)
    4. Scanned Copies of two forms of ID The original identification documents provided must include one piece with photographic evidence and one proof of current address.
    5. Referee email contact details for all employments within the last 3 years, including your current employer. Your current employer will not be contacted without prior notice.

PAS will contact your referee(s) on your behalf in order to obtain a reference.

For any Civil Service employments, PAS will request references directly to Central HR of the Organisation and you will not be required to supply details of a referee.

Gaps in Employment

If you have not been in employment for any length of time during the past 12 months, please provide a statement from the Department of Social Protection or the Office of the Revenue Commissioners to confirm evidence of no employment. In this case, please also provide details of a referee who would be willing to supply a character reference.

If you are no longer interested in being considered for a position, please inform us by return email by 5pm Friday 19th of May. If we do not receive any correspondence from you by this date, you will be deemed no longer interested in the position and will receive no further consideration from the panel.

Please note that working arrangements including remote or blended working are organised at the discretion of the employing Department and PAS has no information regarding specific working arrangements for positions filled from this panel.

Please note when returning documents that the size limit is 10MB per email - if you do not receive a response from me confirming receipt within five working days, please follow up.

Kind regards,

Alan Kavanagh

Pre-Employment Checks Administrator

Large Volume Clearance & Assignments

Public Appointments Service

An tSeirbhís um Cheapacháin Phoiblí

Chapter House, 26/30 Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1, D01

************************************************************************************************************************ This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressed individual or entity. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, or any parts of it, your should not disclose, copy or distribute any of its contents. Please contact the sender and notify them that you have received it in error. Anyone interacting by standard email should be aware that there are risks involved in transmitting personal or sensitive information using this technology (as email generally is not a fully secure method of sending data). Therefore, please do not send any personal or sensitive data by email to this office.This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses. Tá an ríomhphost seo agus aon chomhad a chuirtear ar aghaidh leis, rúnda, agus tá sé beartaithe gur d’úsáid an duine aonair nó an aonáin amháin ar cuireadh chucu é, a tá sé. Munar tú an duine a ba chóir an ríomhphost seo, nó aon chuid de, a fháil, níor chóir duit aon chuid de a nochtadh, a chóipeáil nó a dháileadh. Déan teagmháil leis an té a chuir chugat é agus inis dó/di go bhfuair tú é trí thimpiste. Ba chóir d’éinne a tá ag déanamh idirghníomhaíochta trí ríomhphost caighdeánach a thuiscint go bhfuil priacail i gceist agus tú ag seachadadh faisnéise pearsanta nó íogair leis an teicneolaíocht seo (mar nach modh iomlán slán a tá ann chun sonraí a chur ar aghaidh). Mar sin, ná cuir sonraí pearsanta no íogair trí ríomhphost chuig an oifig seo. Deimhníonn an fonóta seo chomh maith gur scuabadh an ríomhphost seo chun víris ríomhaireachta a lorg. ************************************************************************************************************************

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CivilServiceNew

Hi all. Just looking for sum info on flexitime. If I want to take a day and a half from working up flexitime. How many hours do I need to work up in advance, if I only take half hour lunch a day so that add up towards it

2nd question. Can I start doing the 8am shift on 2nd week whilst training or do I need to get approval first. Its in AGS HR department

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

You need to work up 10.5 hours for a day and a half.

Better to ask your second question locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CivilServiceNew

@Nigel Fairservice thank u. So if I work 8am to 4pm with half hour lunch, I'll have half hour flexi worked up?

Ya you'll get 30 minutes to add to your flexi clock if you do 8 am to 4 pm.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Got an email from PAS yesterday, informing me that I am now under consideration for a position. I sent them all the requested documentation to the Clearance Mailbox email address this morning & got an automatic reply.

Will I actually be contacted by a PAS representative in relation to the above or does anyone know what happens after you email the requested documents?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

Once everything is completed, and assuming all goes well, you will get a message through your public jobs account informing you of your assigned department.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Thanks.

I got an Automatic reply to the email I sent to the Clearance email address, sending on the requested documents yesterday - Is this standard practice? Will I actually be contacted by a PAS representative confirming reciept of the documents? The email said if I don't recieve a response from them to follow up within 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

If you got an automated reply then I would take it that they got the documents. If you're concerned you should email and ask - just for peace of mind if nothing else.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Is it normal for a civil service interview to not have heard anything back regarding how you did or the formation of a panel in over 2 months? The longest I’ve ever had to wait to hear back is about a week from an interview so I’m just not used to the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 karenob1

Hi can I ask another question .when assigned to the revenue . When do you hear what dept in the revenue would be working . Or do you just find out in the day..reason I'm asking if I knew I could be looking up on it . So I would have some clue on it..

Thanks

Hi.

I got a Garda Vetting invitation today via email from PAS.

I completed same, and got email that my application has been sent to the vetting bureau.

Should I be waiting long for the vetting to be completed?

Has anyone gone through this process?

Based on this should it take long to recieve my assignment?

Thank you. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lobolocolobo

Does anybody know what its like to work in the Investigation Prosecution & Frontier Management Division ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PotatoMaster

Got my interview coming up in a few days and kinda nervous. I've seem some question lists but even still I feel nervous about being able to answer them in the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Stranger Things

It’s quite laid back I found. Write out the civil service competencies and an example of a time in your life in which you showed them etc. Teamwork.

You interviewer will ask tell me when you used teamwork in your working life. Then have a quick glance at your notes for the section of teamwork and maybe just one or two works to jog your memory. I had my notes on my keyboard of my laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

anyone any idea when this competion ends. my sister is waiting to be placed but there are 4 ahead of her and she's panicking she won't get placed before completion ends.

Quote Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

There was about a month between vetting and getting a start date for me, maybe less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

Roughly how long after you have been put on a panel do you get offered a job ? Been over a month since I passed my interview and I don’t really know what’s happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 specialk333

Department of Agriculture 😊 you’ll be fine, the first few days are always a bit nerve wrecking!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Stranger Things

Should get garda vetting over the next month then give it another month after, if all goes well you’ll be working for late summer at my guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Once you pass the interview stage, does that mean you are in provided you pass the Garda vetting stage?

Or will you be waiting until a vacancy comes up?

When does the competition close?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 karenob1

Hi all ,

I was just wondering if anyone knows what it is like to work in the personal division in the revenue . And what is expected from you.

Any input I would really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭2021_AP

Anyone any idea how far up in galway they are at placements?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

That's customs. Could be airport, parcel hub, port etc making sure parcels or people aren't bringing anything illegal into the country.

It's not green diesel or vrt though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

does anyone know the answer to this. sister waiting to be placed but she's starting to lose hope. she was told 3 ahead of her for clearance in Waterford.

Advertisement