Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Nobody eggs me when I drive with the windows open. My car must be ugly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭petronelduca

Careful on what you say about money here.... The taxman has a very long arm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I think your wife will quickly find something to do with all that money Vimal 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vimalandrew

Previously I had no money. At the end of the month, hardly there was 100 euros balance. Now plenty, and she is calling me every week to come back and when I went there to see my children, she is so happy and her love was so intense she wanted to hug me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement

Heading over to my local garage for the BIG update.

If i see any important changes, I'll post them here in a while.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In addition to the obvious range increase you're going to see, the battery display in % should be an important little update..

The vast majority of Tesla drivers (including this one) swears by having battery displayed in % rather than km.. I think this update means you see both now, but % is just so much easier to work with!

During my Leaf days, I've always considered the percentage against the range displayed.

Since i have the bz4x, i also bought the CarScanner app and the respective OBD which gives clear info on the battery SOC (state of charge), but the nuisance is that i have to keep the phone connected.

What i don't see in the Car scanner app is the battery's state of health, which was available on the app used for the Leaf. Maybe some 3rd party developers will do something about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭CoBo55

But this is for AWD, not for Ireland

• Advertisement

I had the software update done.

What I noticed immediately was that the difference between the displayed range with ac on or off was drastically reduced (from a former 440-ish/340 km ac off/on to a 410/383 km range).

Also, before the update, with the car fully charged, the display was showing 100% just like the one in the Car Scanner app. Post update, for 100% on the dashboard I get 94.5% state of charge in the app. I checked twice on separate occasions. I'm not sure what this means or what was their intentions by doing this.

Another drive to dublin this morning, the motorway part was 125km/h set on the cruise control (shown as 121km/h by the dashcam and also by Waze). The rest (non-motorway) was done at some 80 km/h average.

The stats are showing 230km were done with 72% of the battery. This roughly translates to 20kwh/100km. It is not great but not too bad either. Also, does not go hand in hand with the actual number of kw used to charge the car so far, according to the electricity bill. I'm not able to measure exactly how many kwh are actually used, so it is all a bit approximate.

Also, at 28% battery left, according to the car, the Car Scanner app says 29.42%. So according with the app, only 65% were used, as opposed to the 72% displayed on the dashboard to be used.

Apologies for so much information on one post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Michael13

Hi Followed instructions in the manual, but can't get my car to do it. I must be doing something wrong. The manual implies that every car has it, not an optional extra. Anyone have any success with theirs? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭micks_address

seen a black one of these the other day and looked good - probably the only colour combo with those mad wheel arches that works well..

Hi, sorry...to get the door mirrors to automatically tilt down when reversing. Its on pg 202 of the manual. Thanks

I don't think so. Mine is a silver and everybody on seeing the car got stunned by its looks. Specifically the back of the car when viewed from sides. Some says it looks like a spaceship.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I was driving down the motorway about a week ago and came upon a bz4x, in the sunshine, and those 2 weird looking roof spoilers cast 2 really odd looking shadows across the rear windscreen.... what is the meaning of them? are they purely a design feature?

Hi...posted this question earlier but did it incorrectly, so try again.

Trying to get the door mirrors to automatically tilt down when reversing. Instructions on pg 202 of the manual.

Can't get my car to do it. I have to be doing something wrong. The manual implies that every car has it, not an optional extra.  Anyone have any success with theirs? Thanks

Any chance you could put up the instructions here?

I dont have the manual handy.

Instructions attached. Is yours working? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You might need to set the angle of the mirror when in reverse so it knows where to position itself in future?

Are you leaving the adjuster in the L position? I didn't like it on the superb so I leave the selector on 0 or on heated in winter time, I prefer to see what's behind me when reversing not what's on the ground, too many years driving trucks and vans I suppose.

Thanks, leaving the adjuster in the L position. Select Reverse, adjust mirror downwards, when select Drive, mirror remains. I have to be doing something wrong.

It does take time for the mirror to return to the D position, I think it's a stupid gimmick tbh.

Thanks...so it seems working for you. My car is a BZ4X Sport (Irish car). I will try again and leave it for a long while. Be useful for me. And I could disable by putting the switch in the centre position, if needed.

I know, it's annoying that it won't work, you'll probably disable it afterwards but it would be nice not to let it defeat you😊

That is exactly it, annoying me terribly. Still haven't got it working though. Sounds like it does work for other people. What can I be doing wrong?

I wasn't able to get it done either. Like yourself, it's a Sport version, Irish car.

• Advertisement

Maybe it just isn't available in your version, I had to activate in the Superb using obdeleven.

Advertisement