Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Michael13

Owners manual would lead a person to think it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vimalandrew

Don't worry. Toyota has the new 1000km and 1200km solid state battery coming in 2026 which can charge in 10 minutes. Japanese govt has allocated 800 million dollars or yen for that. That's why toyota ceo said it has had capability to beat Tesla. Long live toyota.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Just imagine then that same battery in a Tesla would do 2,000km 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭yermanthere

Tried mirror switch on my car over past week. Nothing happens. Many quality control glitches on this Toyota. I'll be reporting when I get software update. Off the top of my head:

Reverse mirror switch doesn't do anything.

Aircon is on when in "auto" mode, but a/c light stays off.

"Close and lock" button on boot rarely works. Has some weird glitch that you have to close it and run away as fast as you can!

Biggest issue: door locks connected to charging. If you press unlock , charging stops. So if you're at a fast charger either you can't go near your car until charging is complete. Or you have to leave car unlocked when you go into the shop.

Bonkers software.

I watched multiple users of fast charger yesterday put their vehicle on charge and then come and go as they please. Nissan, Hyundai, VW.

I hope that software update will also give live update of %, in car when charging. More bonkers software! Can't even see what fuel level your car is at without app, or calculating off charger screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mooretaxi

For dipping mirrors, (my car is a lexus but toyota most likely will be the same) with the car running set your seat in your normal position, using the mirror adjuster switch set the position of the mirrors for normal use and store the memory using the memory seat function button on the door, (I think the sequence is, press M, button 1,M until it beeps) now put the car in reverse and set the mirrors how you want them when reversing, with the car still in reverse store the memory again using the memory seat buttons on the door. If there are 2 users then repeat the settings using the key that 2nd user uses for memory 2 etc. To get the function to work the window adjustment switch must be in A (auto).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Michael13

Hi, thanks for checking out your Lexus for us. My Toyota does not seem to have memory like yours, it appears to be a more simpler system.

I think people should refrain from buying EV at the moment and wait until 2026 when Toyota is going to unleash the new solid state battery which can charge in 10 minutes. Currently during winter, EVs gives only 70 or 60 percent of their claimed range and range is not sufficient.

https://youtu.be/psA_ymGCD0A

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Redfox25

If you really think this will happen then good for you.

It's so unlikely to happen, they have been promising solid state for years and delivering nothing.

Currently during winter, EVs gives only 70 or 60 percent of their claimed range

"You're EV"

I'd say as per my local driving in "My EV" I get about 70-75% of stated range in winter, and about 100-110% of it in summer, so speak only for your own situation in the Toyota... and I know the newer EV's/Model 3's with heat pumps will better that figure again in winter...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Still early days in battery tech, I saw this a few days ago, https://cleantechnica.com/2023/04/25/chinese-researchers-announce-711-kwh-kg-lithium-battery/

711 Wh/kg is what nearly 3 times better than whats available now? I can see a time when sales will slow until the better battery density is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Nothing wrong with getting 70-75% range in Winter, this is well known with EVs. I'm ok with the 290-300km range I get in my car, it just means it goes on charge every 4-5 days rather than 7 days. Very few people regularly doing 300km in a day.

Agree. Also ICE cars never get their stated range either, just there isnt the razor focus on it

For two days, I charged my bz4x to 100% and I could see the range displayed as 445 km. I haven't done the software update yet. Previously, it was only 410 km. Is that software update happening over the air?

No, the slightly warmer summer weather is probably giving you a slight boost in range.. either that or you are driving with a very light foot (and I wouldn't blame you for that seeing how much you spend on public charging)

Its self charging and giving you imaginary toyota electrons that break the laws of thermodynamics

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭petronelduca

Multimedia system.

The connection between the car and the mobile phone. We have set up the connection, one phone is set as principal, the other as secondary.

What I notice is that, even when only using the principal mobile, once the USB cable is plugged in for Android auto, I must chose this specific way of connection from the car. If the next time I only want to get my calls and all, without having to connect the cable, the connection does not happen, unless I go in the car settings and chose "use the phone for calls and media" or something of this sort.

This is very bad for. Even my 2014 Leaf, or any other car I used, once the Bluetooth connection was set up, the phone would be picked up, no matter what.

Does anyone else have this issue or it is just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Noticed something similar in my Corolla Cross. Once you cable connect Android Auto, it takes over.

Unplug Android Auto and you will have to connect the phone via bluetooth manually again.

I never had that 'issue' in my Corolla Saloon, it all reconnected automatically when Android Auto was disconnected.

This is very bad form. Too bad for the display, as it looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭yermanthere

Has anyone received the second key yet?

231 reg delivered with one key, ( second key in transit).

• Advertisement

Completely forgotten about it. I'll email my dealer.

Today morning I put my bz4x for charging in a 22kw charger. Now at 100 percent, battery shows only a range of 388km. Last week it was showing 400km. When I bought the car, it was 420km. During summer, it showed 445 once. I am afraid there is any battery depletion. Car has run over 20,000km.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's getting colder and your probably using the heater more. You'll be very very lucky to get 300 km in the middle of winter.

without switching on the heater or fan, battery range in the app is showing only 388km.

Looks like you might be exercising your warranty rights about the car keeping a certain amount of battery capacity.....

did you get the software update that unlocks some of the buffer?

Yes, when I went for servicing at 15K, they did the software update. I dont think their updates opened more buffer because range didnt improve, but the range after switching on the fan, a/c or heater improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vim hasn't had the car in colder weather yet so is it not more likely that is the reason for the estimated range drop rather than the battery capacity dropping?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Just the fact of it being colder will make any EV have less range as the battery is colder so will run less efficiently until it warms up a bit. I'm not surprised by that range loss

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

I got the car last February. At that time it was very cold during few weeks. Battery was showing 420km range in Feb / March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Probably dodgy electricity from over the border, that nuclear stuff is very poor quality, my 105" TV hates it...

Advertisement