Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭beachhead

Not instore unless you can find a franchise store who "might" do a deal.Redmi Note 10 5G is a great phone.I bought at e99 during previous offer

Blue is a better colour.Comes and goes off the offer.Couldn't get a bluey myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Can anyone who got the Redmi Note 10 tell me if it came with earphones?

Got it for my sons first phone for Christmas and only opened it to see if it worked and forgot to check the contents. I'm too lazy yo go up the attic and reopen it to check.

• Advertisement

Anyone got a Redmi Note 10 5G blue colour 128Gb to swap for the black colour? Unopened only-same mine

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭doc22

Everytime I order they cancel😕

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jcmg73

Same problem I've tried 3 times and all orders cancelled without notice. Payment cleared my account and is now in limbo waiting for the hold on funds being lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Got mine today. Great deal.

No earphones for the person that asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

No one interested in the Nokia and its stock Android. Thought there would be interest in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Thanks. Over to the other bargain alert thread so for a set of earphones for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Badabing1

My order cancelled too. So annoying when they don't even let you know. I'd keep trying if they didn't hold onto your money in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

did you get an email to confirm cancellation.

I have email stating phone ordered and cash gone from bank ac today even though order placed on 5th nov.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Im in the same boat, ordered last Fridays and funds gone, got Shop order email but nothig since

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

@artvanderlay my Redmi 10 5G came unlocked and others have reported the same. Other phones are also unlocked according to Vodafone themselves, see the brands here. Note it says phones sold by "Vodafone Ireland" which I would take to mean head office/the website. Some Vodafone shops are franchises and therefore they are likely not "Vodafone Ireland".

@.red. no headphones with mine either but it did come with a clear plastic case which fits well but there was no screen protector

@Flinty997 thanks for the detailed reply on chargers and cables, much appreciated. Ive marked the Xiaomi cable with sellotape now so it doesnt get mixed up with others. I'll just use a cheapo cable if Im charging it overnight but tbh it charges so fast that I doubt I'll use it that often, maybe just when Im away from power all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I ordered the Redmi Note 10 online for my mam, she badly needs a decent new phone. I have the Redmi Note 9, which is a great phone, so at €70 this seems a great deal.

I did click and collect. I got a confirmation of order email and the money is gone from my account.

I went into the store and they said they received my order in there but I need to get a second email saying I can actually go get in and get it. She said you usually get that second email fairly quick so hopefully I get it tomorrow. Then the fun begins with setting it up for my mam and showing her how to use it 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 23 urbancowboy

I ordered the same. Black 64gb. Grey 128gb arrived. Lovely piece of kit for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Three times i have ordered this and three times no sign of phone so contacted Vodafone and all orders were showing as cancelled by then but they don't know why.

Just wondering could I go into local store which I see has stock and get this deal there or is it online only?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

still waiting for mine...ordered 2 days ago, got order confirmation email and the amount is still sitting pending on my credit card...no word from vodafone since.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glog

No doubt it's cancelled.

Read through the thread. Your story is not untypical.

Vodafone are an absolute nightmare to deal with.

The fact they do their 'security' checks after they take your money must be nearly illegal.

And then there is always a 'Technical Glitch'.

I've made this fact known to the call center guys and escalated it to managers. They don't give a flying sh1t.

Great phone - but really, don't waste your time with Vodafone - Joke Shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭EDavey20

Tried Lyca sim but order was cancelled again. So frustrating.

Just had another one cancelled by Vodafone has anyone tried buying different phone like the TCL or Nokia

I wonder if they being cancelled too

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

how do you know it's cancelled? are you contacting them to confirm or are they sending you an email or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

No, they don't tell you - and that's just one of the annoyances. If you go into the account you created as part of the order, and look at My Records, you will see if your order is still extant. Here's an example from last month (one of five cancelled):

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glog

Give them the order number on chat - they will not notify you it's cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

If you can, go to store and ask for the same deal saying you had issues online maybe?

Post edited by JDxtra on

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Escapees

Took the bait on this and going through the swings and roundabouts now with Vodafone who've taken 140 quid from me but cancelled both orders!

At this stage I might try getting a friend to order the phone in their name instead in case my name is flagged on Vodafone's system. The only catch is that the throwaway SIMs are in my own name. Does anyone know if this matters, since they send out a verification code anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Second order cancelled since the latest round of offers started last week.

Had to finish setting up my account to see that the order was cancelled.

Used a €10 Eir SIM, Revolut and manually entered my address to match Revolut exactly and still cancelled.

Over the past year I have tried SIMs from 48, Lyca, Tesco, Eir; I've used Credit/Debit Cards from AIB & PTSB, as well as Revolut; ordered via family/friends using their Debit cards & addresses.

At this point I have to have 15+ cancelled orders this year!

There's no clear correlation between any of the failed orders.

Never once got any notification from VF as to what happened, had to get onto chat to get response.

Total balls on Vodafone part. Seeing alot of cancelled orders. I can't understand how a company like Vodafone can put you through every stage of the purchasing process including approval of payment via new strong card security,put hold on the payment and then for no reason cancel a legitimate order with an order no.

4 orders now with all cancelled. 2 payments on hold which will take 3-5 business days to get out of limbo it is total bolloxs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Just been on live chat with them - order cancelled, asked agent three times why customers don't get email confirmation orders are cancelled and couldn't give me a straight answer. Jokers.

Advertisement