Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Just got mine, it comes with a clear cover. Cool! I had ordered a cover from Ali.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Just ordered using a 48months sim. Took 2 goes for it to work, have an order confirmation and money taken from revolut so here's hoping all goes to plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Cheers, I never even copped that, thought it was a box with the manual in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Does it take long for An Post tracking number to be acknowledged by An Post?

Received number yesterday, but still not being recognized.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Dingaan

Received mine yesterday. There is some bloatware on the phone that can't be uninstalled from the app manager eg. Mi Video, Mi Music. You need to enable debugging and connect to a computer to remove. There are plenty of walkthroughs online. Cracking phone for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Dont hold your breathe re An Post and Tracking Service. I received tracking info for An Post from Vodafone. Nothing heard and tracking showed that An Post hadn't received the package. Knock on door and phone delivered by DPD. Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

You actually used your own phone number/sim?

You've accepted terms and conditions that you were porting over your number to get €50/100 off the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

One word of warning: I got a phone 2 years ago using this "trick" and there was an issue with the phone. I had to resort to comreg to sort it after 3 months, the phone basically couldn't hold onto a phone signal. But never again would i buy a phone from a phone network, no one seemed to care about the issue rather than amazon whereby they'd deal with it quickly and efficiently

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Very helpful, will try this straight away. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Ordered yesterday around 3:30 using a lyca sim..... Payment taken(well pending).. and received an email from Vodafone confirming order received... Absolutely zilch since then.. should I give up hope that this will work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Same scenario, but my money has now been taken from my card. I'd say it's on the way.

Order email 2 Nov, 21:08

Dispatch notification email 3 Nov, 08:08

DPD text message 5 Nov, 14:29

Delivery scheduled for Monday.

Post edited by MarkR on

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

I just received a text from Dpd! 😁 Elected!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Yea weird, got An Post tracking number yesterday, then the DPD text just a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

I have two failed orders this time around. Never had any trouble with the previous Pixel offers.

Might give it one more go tomorrow.

Regarding the Pending payments with my bank, Do I need to contact Vodafone to have those removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

still coming in for me at 160 euro,what am i missing.

no option to add lyca number and port to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

numpty alert

sorted

got lyca sim in centra for free

insert sim into phone and dial a code to get lyca number

you can view your number by dialling *132# (or 97#).

port this 089 number to vodafone.

had to "sign up" to vodafone x for 20euro pm optional manual top-up but wont happen.

Waiting for phone(hopefully unlocked) and jobs a gud un!

thanks OP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah you do have to contact Vodafone to get a refund processed. With my cancelled order there was no communication from them whatsoever to say they cancelled it but the payment was still pending on my online banking. I contacted them a week later on chat and the refund was in my account in 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Is there any way to port a VF number over to another network and then port back few days later when buying a phone, or do I have to get a new SIM somewhere?

Not sure VF are worth the effort, have no luck with the site, orders just don't appear although they appear to go through ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,310 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Still can’t decide which to order for my Neary 13 year old.

nokia or red 10 or red 10 5g none seem to be waterproof

any recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

So I have ordered one online for click and collect, I have a order number email so do I just bring that to the store?

Not much info on the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Rang Vodafone there ages both of my orders cancelled. One from eir SIM and one from a 48 SIM. The excuse the operator used is there was only one in stock online and that someone else ordered at same time. Asked him why my order two days before was the same way he said same thing happened then too. Such BS

Mine arrived today. Maybe I am losing my marbles or something but the supplied plug does not fit into a standard Irish socket. It has three pins on it but the distance between the top pin and the bottom two pins is about an inch too short and there is no way it is fitting in a socket. The plug says it is made by Xiaomi and has UK written on it as well as a CE mark. I think it is a fast charger as it says 22 watts on the side. Anyone know what the story is with these things, do they need a special adapter or something? Its really bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Went into store to get the xiaomi using an eir sim I just bought for €10. You have to buy €20 top up if getting the deal instore making the price €89. So I bought online and got it for €69.

ah right, I tried it there and it moves upwards. Have never seen that before on a plug. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Muahahaha indeed.... After reading your previous post I had to check was this an old thread:)

It's all about making the box smaller for shipping, sure google are now selling phones without chargers, the miserable fuccs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

l.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

thanks Chams, I never knew that, I have a couple of those plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

cheers for this. got the Redmi Note 10 for my Ma on Friday and she's happy out. Can't go wrong for €70

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 gallygof

Advertisement