Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Yep. I threw my mam's Tesco mobile SIM into it and all working good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭sully123

And that was the 5g one is that right?

All the networks seem to be pushing the 5g phones. Cheaper than the non 5g

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Wanted the black one and only the 64GB one came up when I ordered, so I went for the blue one instead. Money was taken out of my account straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

Is the Samsung Galaxy A22 5G unlocked also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Redmi note 10 5G arrived this morning. No dispatch email but I did get a text off dpd this morning. Strangely, the money is still pending.

Tried an Eir and Vodafone sim and both worked.

Quick update on it and back in the box for Santa to leave under the tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,280 ✭✭✭✭Penn

[delete]

Post edited by Penn on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Well my order has been cancelled. I had to contact VF to see what the story was, and spoke to their chat support. Their agent, Willis, told me that it was cancelled soon after I placed the order and that I'd get a refund back in my account tomorrow. I had to restrain myself from asking "wha'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?" but decided to let it go. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

ordered today with a lyca sim card as per suggestions here...i'm actually a vodafone pay as you go customer and happy to stay with them but need a new phone as battery on my current model is starting to die...i slightly changed my name spelling on the order form in case that would make any difference..but then you need to put in your proper name for the payment details anyhow...order went through ok and i received an email confirming it and the payment is pending on my credit card so will see if it completes or is cancelled like some others here...fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Do the names not need to match to make an order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

don't see why...you could be buying a phone and contract for someone else...it didn't complain when i was doing it anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

That's what I'm looking for for my daughter and keep getting an error message. Anybody know why, or how I get past it. VF site really pushes my buttonns.

• An error occurred processing your request. Please visit our support page to contact us.

I was getting that error just check everything

Tried everything, can't even get to payment page

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

Did anyone buy a Samsung Galaxy A22 5G. Is it unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Picked up a free Lyca SIM today and just ordered the Redmi there. Have an email from Vodafone with an order number and the money was deducted from my card immediately. I had to opt for a recurring €20 pay as you go plan though, is there definitely no way they can make you pay that €20 every month ? .... The phrase "if it looks too good to be true..." is springing to mind, and needless to say I didn't read the terms and conditions !!

I have used 3 diff numbers now, cleared my cookies, used 2 different browers, 2 different devices, 4 email addresses and attempted a few different payment methods but keep just getting stalled, no idea why, a mix of can't process card, when every other website can, and can't proceed, and an error occurred.

OMFG. I don't remember it being this difficult to buy a phone before.

If anyone here is willing to sell a new Redmi 10 with a €20 surcharge I'm interested. Is a first phone for daughter.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ewiz9

So the redmi 5g have LCD screen.. nothing to complain at 70e. but the other redmi 10 series have amoled screens. incase you are hoping for that, dont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

Have a Lyca SIM in a tracker device that is no longer required. Going to try port this SIM to Vodafone.

One quick question - this is a SIM card that is active for many years (not a brand new Lyca SIM), is it necessary for this process to put the SIM into a phone, or once I have the number and use it when ordering the phone the network change can happen without me inserting the SIM.

Trying to save a minor convenience of a SIM swap.

^^ you have to receive a text on the Lyca SIM

I got a redmi delivered yesterday using a Lyca SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Sorry for the late reply... The Crescent Shopping Centre in Limerick. Ported a spare Tesco number I had...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Just ordered a xiaomi as an xmas present with a new lyca mobile sim i just received.

Thanks a million for the heds up OP!!

Post edited by mistress_gi on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know does the fast charger work with all usb leads to do fast charging or only the one supplied? i.e whats the 'fast' bit, the plug or the plug and cable used together?

Just ordered the redmi 5g.

Went tru no problem with a lyca sim. I opted for black and so it seems to default to the 64gb model. But lets see what shows up. Was only charged the 69.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gallygof

Do you have to pay for lyca sim or is it free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

No need. Vodafone myself and last time around with redmi offer just ordered with same name and address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

I think it's a bit of both. Mainly the plug but some USB leads can be faster than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

definitely the plug as it supplies the voltage for fast charging, but quality of lead also has an effect in my experience.

I ordered it free on the lyca website. Took a couple of days. But others here seem to be getting them free in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

cheers thanks, I'll mark the lead with a bit of sellotape so I dont mix it up with the other white usb leads.

Loving the Redmi 10 so far except for one thing- the battery symbol that has a number inside it showing the % left is tiny and you've to squint to see it. Is there anyway to make that larger, perhaps with a different theme or something or is it unchangeable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

The charger and the phone have to have exactly the same charging standard as they "talk" to each other.

I've often found some chargers say they are the same standard but aren't exactly the same. You'll only know through testing with the app Ampere or similar. Also in theory fast charging all the time, degrades the battery faster. Though I reckon it will be ok for the 2~3 yrs you have the phone. But its no harm to use a slow charger at night for this reason.

The cable just has to be good quality. Again you'll only really know though testing. But over time the cables degrade, especially if you twist them a lot. I assume its micro breaks in the copper. So you'd need to test them every now and again see if you are still getting the full charge though them.

I find my Pixel gets a faster charge with the Redmi Charger that the OH has, than charger the pixel. None of our other Redmi's came with the same charger, and none of the 3rd party chargers I have can match it. Though one gets close.

Its a bit of minefield. That said batteries these days last so long that is rare I have to charge during the day or top up.

Advertisement