Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum leap revival/reboot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Shoog

It was shite first time round so will be shite as a reboot. It was from that whole cooky cutter sausage factory home of shire sci-fi that was Hollywood in the 70-80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

For any old skool posters the first season is now out on DVD!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Started back last night in the US

• Advertisement

Enjoyable first episode and the mystery deepens

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Really good start to season two. Interesting reveal at the end. Looks like Ben done what he had to anyway.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 2 was excellent too. They did a great job to freshen things up for season 2.

Ms

Yes I agree. Just watched it. Even the music is spot on and the tension too. I love the way they have developed Allison's too. 3 years is a long time. A lot can happen.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why didn't the robbers just go out the hole as well?

I know Sam and Ben are different but Ben really needs to stop doing some of the things he does For a start, find somewhere to talk to the hologram away from people or at least try to hide it. Like I know this week he was in a room of people yet even though he was speaking loud, people only reacted sometimes.

So Ian has a secret now.

Another good episode

Ms

Another good episode indeed but predictable. I for one had guessed ages ago about the men going around wearing infra red lights on there head pretending to be Aliens.

Next week's looks good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well a new series regular appeared in this episode so that me wondering how will they be a regular character

Is she a leaper now or will she become one in the future after she was told to apply for that position or will she be someone else completely like the actual embodiment of Ziggy

Was expecting some update that she would be the originator of the QL program (didn't know she was to become a series regular hmmm), was hoping for a Halloween episode next week

Strange they have her listed as a regular like that as it is a kind of spoiler that she'll be back. Just a question of how.

I don't think she's a leaper as didn't he have to touch the last guy to see he was a leaper?

Maybe something like Clara from Doctor Who being across time though that maybe a but too complex.

I think as said above, it's to do with how Ben told her to go for the position leading to her doing something big.

I don't think she'll be an inventor of Project Quantum Leap as that would open another can of worms around paradoxes.

But unless they're going to bury her under old age makeup, it'll have to be something that we get to see her at her current age. As a fan of The 100 I for one prefer seeing her face as it is. 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

I'm guessing the person Magic was talking to on the phone will be Eliza Taylors character, how that will be explained I have no idea.

Ms

OK not the greatest of episodes but it did emphasise how important relationships and family are.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ben is very wreckless. Like he goes in talking about stuff that may or may not have happened or be acceptable in the year he's in. Okay, he could probably guess what year it is from seeing Neal and being a fan, but he just told him he/she had an ex girlfriend not knowing if that was acceptable at the time.

And I've said before but he has no problem talking in the open. I thought he was learning this time by saying he was going to use the phone, but then he didn't pretend to be on the phone.

I do wonder how they're justifying the project to the higher ups. I remember the original series had an episode where Al asked Sam to do something to show the ones in the present that it can help them, but I think something like "Oh we helped a down on his luck boxer turn his life around" isn't going to matter to government officials, especially since there's no proof since the original timeline never happened. Like "We saved Jackie Kennedy". "Really? Prove it!"

Are all these leaps being recorded since the imaging chamber seems to be viewable by anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,960 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Never knew there was a reboot. Watched 4 episodes. Enjoying it so far. Light hearted, easy to watch.

• Advertisement

Latest episode was excellent. The kind of episode the original series did really well, and this one followed suit.

Weird hearing C.S. Lee speaking in a Korean accent. 😊

I'm assuming there was more going on with Ziggy than calculations since it's had to recalculate for changes loads of times before. Guess it has to do with the chip that was used.

Well that's going to be awkward for Hannah to explain.

And seems no big mystery behind her recurring role at the moment. Guess it's like the original series' Trilogy.

There does need to be some consistency around the bodies being leapt into. Like in this one he felt the pain from the war injury yet other times is as if it's fully his body. So either he's in their body with their abilities/strength or not. Think when he was the boxer as well they said it was the host's abilities being used.

Ben seems to like Tom okay so may be okay for Addison to get back in the chamber.

Ms

Does anyone know why no more season two episodes have been released? The last one I seen was "Secret History" and there has been no more since that even do that's over two weeks ago now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Last week was Thanksgiving in America and it's normal for shows to take a week or two week break at that time.

It returns next week then there will be a break for Christmas soon after that.

It how US channels turn the average 22 episode season into 35 weeks of TV with all these breaks.

Ms

Awe OK. I was wondering. Would miss it. Thanks for that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Also they filmed some of season 2 straight after season 1 to have episodes ready for the strike but those are running out now. Think only 8 or 9 were finished before the strike. So there'll be a break while more are made.

The Salem episode was excellent (despite that dodgy Irish accent) 🙂

I said before but one thing about this series is Ben doesn't seem to care about his host. Like this episode he just starts talking like himself, explaining and doing stuff his host likely has no idea about. So now when he goes, people will probably be asking her about these things.

And in a time where people were being accused of being witches he/she is just talking away, likely conversing with demons.

• Advertisement
    Ms

I actually thought it was not a great episode. It was OK but thus is 1672 and time when Women probably did not have much freedoms and any that did try to do more were accused if being witches :(

I just thought they got around too easy. Maybe I am wrong maybe they were not that backwards in them towns then.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement