Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum leap revival/reboot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 12 was fantastic. Really channeled the best aspects of the original show.

Episode 14 was another great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,581 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I just watched episode 13 and it was a really lovely episode.

Agreed it was an excellent episode.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Episode 14 quite good too and nice to get some family history for her.

Interesting ending too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Another great episode - tho I think they are overdoing the female leaps a bit much maybe but at least this time he was dressed in female attire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So next week he's leapt into what seems to be an asylum during a lightning storm? Addison had better not be standing beside him if he's getting shock therapy when he's leaping.

Though the original series had Al linked to Sam's brainwaves, it seems this one just needs the imaging chamber and anyone can go in.

Ms

That was another really good episode. I enjoyed that and have to admit when I seen the start of it I thought it was not going to be great.

Next episode looks similar to one done in the Original series so it will be interesting to see how they do this one. Looking forward to seeing that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Episode 16, what an absolute cracker. 🙂

Oh yeah - after a bumpy start the show has really found itself

Ziggy even turning red to show the turn.

Hopefully next week we see Ben still showing some effects from this week. At least grabbing for his neck or something at the start. Because it always seemed that Sam wold usually just start a leap as normal no matter what was happening when he leapt. Think there were only a couple times when he seemed to carry over the previous leap, like The Leap Home Part 2.

So with the series turning out better than a lot of people (like me) expected, would Scott Bakula be more interested in a return?

2 episodes to go.

• Advertisement
    Ms

That was a brilliant episode. Did not see that ending coming.

I knew Martinez could not be trusted do. I kept thinking why is Ben taking so long to go up and then when he did the way they donenit I was thinking something is going to happen here. And it did.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Decent enough episode this week, but the ending was a jaw dropper!

Not sure if I'm glad or disappointed about the Ziggy/Mole explanation. I think the explanation was a bit more grounded in reality than an evil AI!

I think next week is the finale, so we should get some solid answers about what's going on.

Thought it was a cracking episode and yeah that ending! They're kicking it outta the park with these stories

As much as I like the series, I don't think I would've minded if it was planned as a single season.

But looking forward to next week.

And I know I'm not up on my history but were there a load of IRA plane hijackings I never heard of?

Ms

Another great episode and what an ending. Just a pity that we never actually got to see what Ben's looked like in this. Also was Holly supposed to be Irish?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

And I know I'm not up on my history but were there a load of IRA plane hijackings I never heard of?

No there was not just as there was no airline called Trans Global Airlines. Its just good writing.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Her reflection was shown at the start when Ben was holding the knife. The woman who played Holly was born here https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3220515/ - I didn't hear reference to her nationality in the show but I assume the character was meant to be Irish given the IRA thing.

Ms

Yes but not very easy to see.i will look at that part again.

Yes I assumed that too. Awe cool.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Fun finale. A bit hokey in places (the quantum entanglement bit with Ian), but the fight sequences near the end were quite clever, especially where they happened.

Great cliffhanger too. The look on her face wasn't good.

See you for season 2!

Yeah, the whole

We are one thing was a bit much. But fun finale with the previous leaps and using the boxing training.

Now how will they set up the second season?

• Advertisement

Enjoyed that finale - obviously not leaping back by the look on her face - maybe Sam returns home. They still haven't explained what happens to the leapers body in this reboot have they? Or are they just not going there

Ms

That was a good season final. Looking forward to season two to see what happens next.

I think they just take over their body and the the person who owned that body is there still in it but loses control of it untill Ben or whoever the leaper is leaves it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

Haven't watched the reboot. Did they find out what happened to Sam in the show?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

He (well the actor) will not be in the show so...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Some reports that this has been picked up by Paramount+ and will drop in mid-July.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,105 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Quantum Leap will premiere in the UK on Thursday 13th July 2023 on Paramount Plus.

The streaming service will drop the first nine episodes all at once, with a further nine to follow in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Just taken out a trial subscription to watch it. Had a look through what else is on and will be cancelling once I get caught up and resubscribing when the remaining episodes are added. Mind you if I binge watch the first nine I can be caught up before the 7 day trial ends.

According to the Paramount+ Facebook page episodes 10-18 will appear at the end of August.

Episodes 10 to 18 are now up!

Took my original subscription through Amazon Prime which was itself a trial subscription. This time I went directly through Paramount Plus and got another 7 day trial so that's my viewing sorted for the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,306 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 starts October 4th

The 100's Eliza Taylor joins the cast as a series regular.

Advertisement