Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis inverter settings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭trant

This worked, thanks!

Will this prevent the solar panels from charging the batteries during the day?

Post edited by trant on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Ov-Vbatt-H alarm. What does it mean? Seem to get it occasionally if EV charger is on and off with solar?

very annoying as seems to cause all sorts of cut offs and take a few min to come back online

😎

Confirmed that it does not affect charging the battery outside of the fixed charge schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I lost it as well for a while, but uninstalled and reinstalled latest version and it came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

doh, never thought of doing that! parameter saving again with 4.0.5

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement

Inverter is set to stop discharge at 18%, and to force charge around 12%, sometimes it seems to completely ignore this, and carry on down to about 6-7% before force charge, which may have been the default number, but definitely set to 18/12 at moment.

Anyone seen this ?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭con747

Happened to me a few times last year but that was it, nothing ongoing so didn't bother troubleshooting it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭All in all

Could anyone point me to a dummies guide to setting to charge at night rate, I’m guessing this will also stop the battery discharging at these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Here is a good guide and yes the battery will not discharge while charging from grid. I am assuming you have a Solis inverter if not please ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Gambled and lost on the forecast yesterday, emptying the battery in the process (first time in a number of months). On the upside, the Solis seems to now run itself from grid, leaving the battery happily at the discharge SOC. On previous firmware versions it used to run itself from battery even after hitting the discharge SOC, prompting a periodic force charge.

funnily, my battery was discharging below the discharge SOC last few days, solis remotely changed some settings this morning and said to monitor for a few days.

😎

Thanks, yes solis inverter.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fuse

Moved to a new smart tariff so I'm configuring my solis inverter, battery (5kWh), eddi for the first time in this way.

What's the best way to manage Peak time 5-7pm? Make sure the battery is full for it?

Then I found the Eddi was heating water from it so I guess I could turn off Eddi from 5-7. But it'll end up exporting to grid then. I guess I need to wait until time-change dark evenings to put that in place.

But in general is charging the battery from 4-5pm before peak wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fred44

Hello , i am french so sorry for my englich

i setup a solis hybrid inverter , i don't have grid at this area , so i place all the house on the backup out

i do not connect any rs485 because no grid

and my battery is diy (16 cellule lifepo 280 ah ) there is no bus can on the jk bms

my problem is i don t know how to setup the battery if i setup on lead acid i have an alarm.... if i setup on self setup i have also alarm

the only way without battery is to setup no batterie but nothing ....

i will be happy to found a way !!!

fred

Hi, I currently have a 5kwh dyness battery. There is good value on these from Spain v what my installer is asking to add another battery (half the price). Has anyone diy added a battery to their setup? I am struggling to find any guides/videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

With confirmation that I'm fully over to Pinergy, and with utterly pish weather all week, last night was my first attempt at full blast charging. Went with 90a for the 3 hours.

Working on a reduced overall limit as I blew my house fuse last week, got a replacement which was about 15yr old so I set the limit via Myenergi to (I think) 55a hence the spiky performance of the Zappi. The big spike/drop around 4 was because the dishwasher came on.

Anyway from the Solis point of view, battery charged at 88a and 78a, about 30 minutes at the each rate for the 3 hours. Solis shows 14kWh to the battery in total, for 67% increase from 24-91%.

(ignore the time error in the Solis shots, as you can see in the Zappi the charge does run from 2-5am not 3-6am)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

Hi I have a solis inverter the screen is gone blank and the app has stopped working, the panels are still producing, my eddi is still heating the water and I'm still getting my micro generation from my electricity supplier. Would a firmware update fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

Open a ticket to Solis, give them the serial number:

euservice@solisinverters.com

Have you tried to restart the system as detailed in your handover docs?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Am I right in thinking that the Solis only derates at 45 degrees?

The dip in charge rate clearly matches with the internal temp, but it's only peaking at around 36 which is well below the limit. So not sure if the temp is the cause.

• Advertisement

Has anyone found that the time on their inverter went back by an hour yesterday? It has been set correctly on ours since installation, and randomly changed yesterday. I fixed it last night and found that today it was again behind by an hour.

Wondering if Solis are setting this centrally (incorrectly) due to DST starting at the end of the month perhaps?

Once DST does end, do I need to change the inverter time manually or should it update itself? I know DST needs to be disabled at user and plant level for reports etc.

I happened to still be awake at 1am last night and I heard the inverter fan kicking in.

I assumed that I've been charging an hour wrong all along but maybe not if you've seen a 1hr adjustment last night?

Ok, at least it's not just me. It was OK until last night and changed randomly. Solis must be doing this centrally but a few weeks ahead of the actual DST change.

I have opened a ticket with them letting them know that what they are setting is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Mine is fine all month. Been checking on the regular adjusting charge based on weather and wfh schedule. I use the handy "follow phone time" to make sure its right every time i adjust my night charge. It was correct again last night...

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Same! Twice this week i've ended up charging the battery after 9am. But it's as though the clock gets updated at ~9am Irish time, as it correctly starts charging the battery at 8am, and stops at 9am. But then starts charging again at about 9.20 until 10am.

Solis have "no idea what it could be", but it's clear they are attempting to prepare for DST ending, only at the wrong side of October.

The latest Solis Cloud update allows version 2 dongles to access remote access to the inverter now. Version 4.1.1 no need now to be buying the new version dongle unless they roll it back.

So the new version is actually a fix rather than a break stuff??

• Advertisement

Nope. Still crap. No option for different charge rates at different times.

There's 3 different sets of times, but only 1 set for power.

Advertisement