Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis inverter settings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Do you have a CAN communication from your bms to the inverter.

Are you running a 15s or 16s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Anyone else getting daily "Grid Overvoltage" alerts?

Anything to be worried about?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭daughy

Hi Graememk, yes I have the can connection, the inverter main display sees the % without issue, I can even check the soliscloud history %, home assistant is getting the % but not the main display on the app or main display on the soliscloud.

Solis support said it's because the battery is undefined, but it did show the % before the app updated, and also before I had Solis update the inverter, so it's there end.

It's just very odd that the inverter can show a % on the main display but doesn't send the data to the app or soliscloud, it's like anyone who goes down the diy route is punished for doing so, I have asked Solis to create an update for lifepo4 so as we can connect to that, instead of the overpriced battery options that are in the list. If they do away with user defined then this will create an expensive headache.

I'm not getting the over grid voltage daily, but I do get them, and under grid voltage, I sometimes get over grid frequency also,

I was going to get the esb to upgrade my kva from 8kw to 12kw as this upgrade is free of charge, upgrading to 16kva would have cost money, my thinking is if the kva is higher then the under grid voltage would hopefully cease to exist, but I didn't go for it in the end.

Forgot to mention it's a 16,s battery.

I have 3 of these

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

An aside to the % not showing up.

54v is a low max charge voltage only 3.375 per cell

I'd be looking for at least 56v or 3.5 per cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭johndoe11

If these are Cerrnss batteries (they look the same), I believe they may also work with the Pylontech setting ("Pylon LV") on the Solis inverter. This may help with your issue. See post 51: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/review-of-cerrnss-lifepo4-48v100ah-battery-modules.44668/page-3#post-740217

You guys are correct, I contacted AliExpress to ask what brand these batteries are and my issue, they said that they are compatible with pylontech, I have emailed Solis and they changed the battery type to pylon lv, and the SOC now shows up in the app..

Solis also said we can't assist you further since there not actually pylontech.

I have checked the battery type from the inverter main display and the only options I can configure is the over discharge and force charge, I have set the over discharge at 20% and force charge at 19%.

I'm not sure what the cut off voltage is for pylontech, and there is no way to modify that info, I will have to wait until the batteries are charged to 100% and check the voltages in the app and the main display.

Hi Graememk, I was following the info from Andy, in the off grid garage on charging each cell, his method is to not charge fully, but 3.4 to 3.5 volts per cell seems fine, possible 3.5 as each cell fully charged is 3.65 volts, I'll see how this pylontech cut off voltage pans out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Hi folks, just wondering about firmware version and updates. Hard to find the UK firmware list.

My Inverter is Model: S5-EH1P5K-L

Model

Grid Standard

EN50549IE

Inverter Version

3D0037

If there is a firmware update can it be done remotely or requires USB? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

It is done remotely, but be careful as some updates can cause issues. Contact them here. euservice@solisinverters.com They can be quick and slow responding!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭S'

I running old firmware (350025) and just wondering should i request an update.

The inverter response rate seems slow. I have a Quooker tap that turning on every so often.

I import around 2kW a day even though battery is full.

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

No issues with 4300B2. I've gone a full month with no night rate units imported, so reaction times are much improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭S'

Solis updated my inverter to 4700B0 today. Hopefully it will improve response times.

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Hi,

my Solis Hybrid 5kw has suddenly stopped charging my 10kw Dyness batteries when they hit 36% charged. Battery is greyed out once 36% is hit and there is excess solar - it goes straight to the grid. This seems to have been happening for a couple of weeks but I hadn't been watching the app much and only noticed the last few days.

Can anyone help please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭All in all

Hi, I have just had solar installed in the last couple of weeks and have been on holiday. Today was the first day I charged my car on the zappi, eco ++. The screen on the zappi shows import at 9.60kwh of surplus. Which ties in pretty much to the export to the grid on the screen? Is this the way that it should display or is there something should be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

In case anyone faces this issue, I managed to sort it by the following approach:

The SOC lights were at different levels on each battery, 3 Vs 2, so I turned one off and the other started charging and got to 75% by the time the sun went down. I then scheduled a grid charge overnight to get them to 100% and the next day both were at 100% and have worked fine since.

My guess is the batteries went out of balance and the inverter stopped at 36% for whatever reason.

Hope it helps someone

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

Hey all, I hope someone can shine a light on this. I have 2 5k3 WECO batteries installed on my Solis but on the inverter display and on the solis app, the charge/discharge power appears to only displaying half what is actually being used. For example this evening, I checked myenergi app and it said the house load was 1kw nothing coming from the grid (which is good) but the solis was reporting 0.5kw from the battery and the house load a 1kw, with nothing from solar or grid.

Is this normal or is there a setting on the inverter that has not been correctly configured....in fairness, it all seems ok

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo101

Don't know if it will resolve the issue but try downloading the weco app and check the inverter protocol...it should be SolisCan.

You will need to download a separate weco Bluetooth app to log into the battery if you need to change the protocol.

Also, check the dip switches to make sure they are configured correctly. (Page 23 of the manual)

On the Weco app, it says the protocol is WecoCan.

Also the dip switches on both are all down. Doesn't look like the second battery has the number 6 dip set.

Post edited by bawnBeag on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo101

Try and use the weco Bluetooth app and change inverter protocol to SolisCan. I think the password is 1010.

I should have asked, is it 5k3 xp or 5k3 LV/HV? Slightly different dip switch configuration depending on the battery

Thanks @Scoobydoobydoo101, its a LV/HV, I can see on the app that I can change it. I spoke to the installers today, they are coming out tomorrow so I'll ensure its properly set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭zoom_cool

What did you tell them in order to get the update to the newer firmware? I am on firmware 3D0037

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

Just request an update to the latest version by opening a ticket here euservice@solisinverters.com some have had issues after updates though, I haven't.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

mods feel free to remove if inappropriate, but in the meantime, appreciate if anyone can help on any aspect of this post please 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

I can't add any info on running a 2nd inverter but I assume it's possible.

Using the one you have it could be done. 8kw of panels is fine for a 6kw inverter. You could likely push to 9 if the panels voltage was ok.

The issue of splitting a string across different roofs is that the string operates at the power of the lowest panel. To get around that each panel on the string would need an optimiser which adds cost, something to consider.

Last I checked each string on a solis 6kw should manage up to about 12 panels so you could do some calculations and see how that lines up for you

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭zoom_cool

Got a firmware update(470044) to my Solis inverter and there is a few more options now does anybody use this function.

ECO Function: If PV power is lower than 100W and SOC falls below overdischarge SOC, the inverter will turn of the grid relays and IGBT switching. If forcecharge SOC is reached, it will connect back to grid and charge battery back to overdischarge SOC, then turn off again. 

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭munsterfan2

Hi S',

Did that make any improvement - I am on 350025 and tend to import about 10% of my usage even when battery still has plenty of capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭circadian

Can anyone confirm that the battery won't discharge during a specified charge time? Lets say it fills within the window and I'm running the dishwasher, will the battery begin to discharge?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yes. A battery can only charge or discharge at any one time.

Advertisement