Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis inverter settings

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Wiggy

I can't check what times I'm drawing power on my ESBN account at the moment, because it apparently only has data up to October 25.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Feckers. Seems that the adjustment happened 2 nights ago and I only caught it last night.

That's royally screwed my good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

bizzare, i went back a few days now on solis app... and its reporting i charged at 3am since the 23rd. i know damn well i started it charging at 2am that day... so i cant really trust the solis app now! :P

be wide folks

Following advise on the Facebook group, I logged into the Solis web interface. On that, I was set for the right zone, but DST was turned off.

In the time section on the app, it was on.

I've set it to on on the web person page now. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

mine was already set this way. lets see if it sorts itself out tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Having a discharge issue with Solis Inverter in that it doesn't want to discharge the battery at times. It has happened before but getting more regular.

On Saturday I was at home and noticed no current draw from the battery at all which was almost full at the time, so in the evening I physically turned off the battery and powered down the inverter to restart it and everything worked.

This morning my battery was fully charged and the panels were running the house from shortly after 8:00am, I checked the app at lunchtime and was drawing current from the grid instead of the battery, so I came up with a cunning plan to set the discharge rate to 20A from one o clock to two and this seemed to kickstart the inverter again.

• Discharge is set to on with the JKBMS.
    • Battery is set to Lead Acid.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Time for some communication between the BMS and the inverter 😜

I have all the bits and pieces here for the canbus connection but it was working sweet. Just need to sort out this hiccup.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

If you graph the voltage, it may be dropping below your minimum voltage knocking it off.

@graememk it's not voltage related as the battery is full when it happens. Few lads on Facebook suggesting turning off inverter for an hour may resolve issues, failing that a factory reset I feel.

• Advertisement

Think I have it, have adjusted the voltage down 0.5V on the inverter, seems that the voltage would peak and hit the Overvoltage Protection Limit during charging and the knock off the discharge. Seems to be working OK this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭insular1

Is it possible to change the settings on the Solis so that it has a slight export all the time? The CT for the Solis seems way less accurate than that of the myenergi system with the result that I am exporting slightly a lot of the time even when battery is full. It seems to be only an issue when solar production is varying a lot, the Solis is too slow to respond and ends up importing while adjust up the battery load. It's not much but on days like today when solar has been very minimal but constantly up and down a little it results in consistent draw of anywhere from 100-200W based on the myenergi data. It's small but it's really annoying to see when there's plenty of juice in the battery. Any solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sephiroth Crescent

is the solis inverter as bad as it seems on here??

Post edited by Sephiroth Crescent on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭crisco10

No, this is a thread to discuss either a) tweaking your operation or b) troubeshooting specific issues.

It would be a boring thread if it was a series of "Inverter fine again today, don't want to change anything"..lol

I have had Solis inverter for a year now (across 2 properties) and on both set settings Day 1 and haven't touched. The one downside is the lack of Command integration into HA without quite complex work arounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Does anyone know why an inverter would start discharging for no reason?

Yesterday & today my inverter started discharging, it starts after 8am which is the end of the charging period but there is no discharge period in the time of use settings which I've double checked just now.

At first the inverter was charging the eddi so I've put it into stop mode but now the inverter is discharging to the grid

In time of use settings, I've turned mode status to OFF but its still discharging... I'm baffled

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Midlakelands

I noticed recently that my solis internal clock would sometimes jump by 5 hours for a day or two and then correct itself. This resulted in an offset in my overnight charge/discharge times. Maybe the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭darraghsherwin

Hi,

Does anyone know how to stop the Solis inverter from discharging my batteries to the grid?

I can't find any settings to control this and it's draining my batteries before peak hours when I really want to use them to reduce costs

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

have you opened a support ticket with Solis?, give them your serial number and ask them to remote connect to your inverter, they should be able to sort it out or at least investigate.

another thing to remember is that the data you see on the Solis app is just a snapshot every 5 minutes, it's not live data so sometimes you see odd energy flows as the system balances itself.

https://solis-service.solisinverters.com/en/support/tickets/new

Post edited by jkforde on

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭on_the_roots

Solis wants to apply automatic upgrades (from web view). I said no to this.

Hell no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

My inverter (6kw hybrid) keeps reverting back to winter time. I have changed this manually and from app using phone time.It's doing my head in! There must be another setting something about daylight savings???

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭insular1

Yeah no matter what I do on the Solis it's always 1 hour fast. Was never able to figure out how to change it. Like you I tried manually changing the settings or doing it via the app but it always reverts back. Im used to it now though and just have my charge/discharge settings adjusted by 1 hour. But annoying alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Could be worse. My inverter thought it was in China. Every time I changed the time , it reverted within 5 minutes. After hours of research, I opened a support ticket and it was resolved in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭johndoe11

There is a daylight saving setting when in the overview screen, hit the three dots in the top right corner and modify info. The setting is there. Works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Appreciate pointing that out to me. I have turned that on.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭on_the_roots

Sometimes it doesn't' save the settings from the App, even after throwing a "Command issued successfully" message.

I now always double check if the settings are in fact applied.

Advertisement