Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis inverter settings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭con747

I have the gen 2 dongle so never had access to see issues, but at least they are updating it as they work things out. It could be worse, it could be Vanilla updating it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

It has been that way for a couple of months. Used it once to update my grid code from EN50549L to EN50549IE and it ended up setting to the grid code for Brazil (60Hz!). Had to climb up to the attic to fix it. 😅

Which version are you running? I have grid code EN50549IE on version 4700B0. I have the inverter in a alcove beside my kitchen so hand to just go to it so don't use the app for much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,495 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I am using the ESB-Micro grid code seems to work fine on version 4700B0

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shareboy

Have a solis 6kw hybrid with x2 pylontech us3000c. Getting "high voltage bms" warning and alarm faults on the inverter when the batteries are at 100%. Had one of the batteries replaced under warranty and re balanced the voltage as per pylontech advise but still getting the warning fault . Has anyone come across this with their set up? Help greatly appreciated 🙏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Got a smart meter now; so want full battery every night, also don't want battery draining during night.

can I just set battery charging all night to prevent discharge? Or will that charge it early and have flow in and out constantly eg to heat pump.

I was hoping to set like charge at 0amp from midnight to 6am, then charge at 70amp for remainder of night rate Time slot, but don't see option to have different amp charge window, any other way to prevent discharge at certain times?

😎

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Now the smart meter is in, you don't have to worry about a partial charge. Just charge to full and export any excess during the day.

Correct, so what I don't want it doing is charging only for heat pump to drain it while it's still night time, or even for it to charge a bit off solar and then carry some into the evening only to be drain down before recharge overnight - losing power on the discharge, recharge, and discharge again.

So basically want it to charge fully 5am -8am in winter, used for house during the day, and then do nothing from 11pm-5am....that's optimum right?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I have a solis, so i can only set one charge rate at a time. I set a start time at midnight and very low amps charge rate, say 10 ... And run it to 9am. Its almost 100% full.

If i think its going to be sunny and i worry i might export some of that stored battery....I change the amps not the time.... So i end up with a less full battery. Say 3amps...

As long as you are charging you are not discharging. If you set amps too high and fill the battery too quick... It still wont discharge as long as you are still in the discharge period.

So if you want to take advantage of a cheap 3am to 5am night boost.... Set the window to start at 3am... Set the amps to fill battery within 2 hours... And set end time of discharge to meet the time you want... 9am now or 8am winter time.

Ok the amps is a good way, thanks

i don't need to end discharge at 8am in my case fwiw, if battery is used during the day when there is solar I am using night rate elec (adjusted with a penalty for loss of power going in and out of battery), and I'm sending solar to grid at higher rate

😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

With the right app version, you can have 3 different sets of times and rates.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I believe that is an error. In my firmware version (4300B2) at least there is only one single current setting. Haven't found anything via Modbus either.

Maybe it's an option on newer S6 Hybrids.

Maybe so. On version 4.0.3 of the app I get this:

The Chinese language stuff is obviously the usual Solis screw up but the options work.

Update the app though and I get this:

The time slots are still there but the separate current settings are gone.

Version 4700B2 has these options on the version 2 dongle.

I haven't a clue what firmware version the inverter is on, I'm just on about the app version.

I can always select the 3 charge time/current options on the inverter, but on the app if I update, I lose them.

My app version is 4.1.1 with no issues since the update.

If I update to 4.1.1 I lose the choice of 3 different charge speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I watched the video to charge the battery from the grid and have a question. On the information screen charge limit is 50.0A and discharge limit is 40.0A but on the screen to charge from grid the charge and discharge limit are both 50.0A. (6kw inverter)

Is this correct? I don't want to do something silly.

Yes my version only has the one set of A settings but 3 time slots

😎

If you look at posts by @DrPhilG above he's running the version 4.0.3 of the app and is getting different options on his 6 kW inverter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

@DrPhilG Does it actually observe the different charge rates?

Hard to tell at current settings.

The car had been charging during the Zappi boost time, but then the car was draining the battery afterwards. So I set the 10a charge for 5 minutes after the end of the charge so that it wouldn't be able to discharge the battery due to it still being charging.

Seemed to do the trick, as the car charge does end abruptly now.

I could of course just end the boost at 4:45am and keep charging the battery at full pelt til 5, but by adding 5 minutes at 10a after 5am I get to maximise both car and house charge.

It's hard to tell by the Solis graph, as it only works in 5m intervals anyway.

I'll test it tonight, stop the 90a charge earlier and extend the 10a just to see if I can capture/confirm.

Lol, now this is just odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

With the clocks going back this weekend how does the Solis inverter handle this will I have to change my time of charge schedules or does it change its time automatically.

2 issues this weekend. U have to adjust yer schedules based on the electricity tariff schedules. They usually change by an hour this weekend. If u have a solis... Use the app to synch time with yer phone. U should do this on the regular just in case to prevent drift.

Meter stays on same time all year...

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

So we will have to adjust manually the schedule as the time on Solis won't adjust automatically I won't be synch with my phone at 2am 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

the app has a DST setting but can't remember if this syncs to the inverter itself even with the remote-access enabled.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Check the time again today. My solis has jumped forward again.

Same for me. I happened to be awake at 4am wallowing in a sinus infection and heard the inverter fan kick off in the attic, that was it starting to empty out again as the car charge was on the correct time.

I corrected it and it went back to charging the car from grid, but that means that the first hour of usage would have kicked off at 1am instead of 2 so I blew about €2 worth at the expensive rate.

Thanks Solis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Wiggy

I have a Solis 5Kw inverter, and a 5Kw Puredrive battery, installed in May 2023.

The inverter is set to charge the battery from 2:00AM until 4:00AM.

Since the DST switchover on Sunday morning, my Solis cloud app (both mobile and web) is showing that the battery is now charging between 1:00AM and 3:00AM.

I checked the time on the inverter, and it is showing the correct time of day.

I also checked the charge time setting, and it is still set for 2 to 4.

On the web app, I noticed that in the Modify Information section, there is a Daylight Savings Time switch, which was ON, so I turned it OFF. However, no change in the graph data for today

Is this the same for everybody else, or a feature of my firmware version I wonder?

Advertisement