Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solheim Cup 2021

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Henni is the absolute pits when it comes to broadcasting.

Her continual questioning of Charley Hull and Georgia Hall when there was a player within earshot ready to play their approach to 18th green was completely embarrassing.

No charisma. Awful questions.

Hard to fathom how she still has a job....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

ha, you're probably right.

It's interesting though that she probably does qualify to tick the ethnic minority box even though I know plenty of 100% Irish ancestry people whose skin is as dark as hers is (probably the Spanish armada:))

I suppose you can't draw a chart and say this colour skin is not dark enough even though you have black ancestry. I suspect if you analysed the quota filling, mixed race people on TV etc most of them would be similar, whereas the people with very dark skin, who are more likely to experience racism or discrimination, are under represented (apart from the those who have got a TV job because they were very good at their job ... such as Ian Wright).

Anyway, sorry if that came across badly to anyone,I think the quota filling is a good thing, but not sure it's having the desired result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Was thinking about the "overhanging ball" penalty today. No problem with the ruling itself. However I can't understand why the rules officials got involved.

The rules state a player can wait ten seconds. It doesn't stay they have to wait ten seconds.

Korda not taking issue with the pick up and putt concession implies that she was OK with it, that she felt there was no need to wait because the ball clearly was never going to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Rule 13 is very clear: in matchplay if an opponent picks up an overhanging ball before the 10 seconds have elapsed, the ball is deemed to have gone in the hole. Had Korda herself picked it up, then no issue.

As for the referee getting involved, this is covered by Rule 6. It is the duty of the referee to apply rulings as he or she deems necessary, not just to stand by and only intervene when requested. If they deemed a breach had been committed, then they were technically correct to apply the penalty, as per the guidelines.

https://www.randa.org/Rog/2019/Rules/Committee-Procedures/6C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭hold my beer

While the rules were technically broken, the judgement was completely against the spirit of golf. The ball if overhanging, was barely. I don't think anyone would have even questioned it had the official not got involved. Thankfully, it didn't decide the outcome of the tournament.

Advertisement