Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solheim Cup 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Well, I suppose an over zealous greenskeeper, looking to clear out the local gopher population could lace the course with dynamite and in that 3 second window that remained, he could have set off the explosions that would have rocked the course and triggered the ball to fall in the hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That's absolutely it, 100%. You'd swear the way people are talking, sagstrom had broken no rule at all. Whether it might have dropped or not is incidental to that fact. Tough break, but that's the bottom line here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They were on the clock so better to be keeping moving than flailing on the ground. No part of that ball was close to falling when it came to a full stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Possibly but you cant just decide to break the rules because you're on the clock, 3 seconds isn't going to make much difference!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

There was no intent to break the rules though. I dont even think they knew what the rules were. And it was obvious from the reactions of the American pairing at the time on the green that they didnt know either. The Europeans conceded the putt, the americans accepted it and then the referees stepped in.

There was no intent to break the rule, but a rule was broken. It should be shelved at this point

Anyway should give the Europeans an edge going into today no doubt they feel aggrieved.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This is a brilliant start from Maguire. Apart from missing fairway off the first, she's hit some fantastic shots since, particularly that fairway wood form the rough on the 2nd. Hopefully can keep this standard going.

And Nelly blades it from the bunker on 4! Not something you expect to see. Gonna be 3 up there in a minute or 2.

And 4 up after the par 3 5th, maguire great shot in and finished off by Reid

• Advertisement

A duff chip from Korda on the 9th, back to Europe 4 up. Nelly having a bit of a mare this morning, but she's being put under huge pressure by the sheer solidity of Leona and Reid.

What an approach that was from Maguire on 10. This is a sensational performance, doesn't get much better than this.

Be surprised if Maguire not out this afternoon as well for 4balls the form she's in. Get this done quickly and she'll get a decent break.

Won't be beyond her to hole this putt now

Or not, blew it a bit past.

Reid gets the par to go dorme 6

Reid been good on the greens, Maguire done most of the heavy lifting tee to green. Good team.

• Advertisement

And they get the job done 5&4, no fuss. Awestruck by that performance, must be ice running through her veins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 themink

Outstanding again by Leona. Zero nerves on show. Hard to believe her composure levels given how I often feel over a birdie putt in a nothing practice round 🙈! Both Reid and Hall very complimentary of her in the post round interviews too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Charley Hull probably needs to sit out the afternoon session. Not been very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Scrabbel

Brilliant by Leona. Complete star coming out of this. But no surprise given what she’s done this season in particular. Apart from Jessica K being $8k ahead of her, Nelly K is the only American ahead of her in this season’s LPGA rankings.

With Reid again for 4ball v Kupcho and Salas. Reid was a bit erratic tee to green this morning for my liking but why break up a winning team I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I've been watching this at night ahead of the FedEx final, it's much more entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

I watched a recording of what happened and I’ve gone from not giving a hoot what happens to really, really wanting the US team to lose. Such bad sportsmanship deserves to be punished.

It wasnt the US team who pulled the Europeans on it though. It was US referees. Nothing to do with the players or team management or anything. A referee made the call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

I think the referee was exceeding her authority in making the call without the matter being referred to her by the players. If they had any integrity, they would have pointed this out to her.

That putt Leona, more than ice in the veins

The official who made the call on the video monitor was from the LET.

Maguire has picked up from where she left off in the morning. Salas is playing well though, could be a good match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow Leona, what a shot!

Wins the hole with it. Great watching

Great to be AS at the turn given some of the putts Salas has been knocking in. Reid not giving much help really. Shot of the tournament so far on 9 I'd say.

Another unreal putt but by Kupcho this time. Games are so tight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,383 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Leona seems to be tiring. Poor putt there.

Lets hope it’s only a small lapse,

I take it back. Well done Mel Reid! Back to one down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Brilliant putt from Maguire

I'd say there has to be some mental fatigue there, be amazed if there wasn't, just purely on adrenalin and instinct now. A half would be great result from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Top drawer golf over the last 2 days.

The commentary and continuity of the coverage from Sky has been awful.

I know the feed is coming from a US channel but the interviews by Henni and the anchor commentary earlier by Alison Whittaker has been cringeworthy. Basic score keeping even...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Maguire on fire :-)

Could win this match yet, what a result that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Yeah the commentators are all over the place... a few times now they've declared holes won when it's obvious the opponent still has a putt to halve. It's not too hard to keep track. And that interview by Henni with the two American rookies was sooooo bad.

Really nail-biting this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭Xander10

Again, I think the only person who thought that the ball was hanging over the hole with a chance of dropping was the U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭Xander10

Wow.maguire

That is some putt. Nerves of steel

Clutch!

Phenomenal from maguire

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Maguire giving a masterclass.

McIlroy could take a lesson or 2 from her before Whistling Straits

• Advertisement

Ah that’s a shame, but great chip by Kupcho. No 100% record for Leona then. Hope they can win the last for the half.

Jaysus that was a real gut punch. Been doing that all round in fairness, great American pairing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shocking that they didn't show the tee shots on 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Wow

Salas will pop hers in now knowing how it's all gone

• Advertisement
Advertisement