Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solheim Cup 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭Xander10

I wouldn't worry, the US are a bit windy when the pressure comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I thought Ernst would get that, Salas too. That's settled my nerves a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭blackcard

I wouldn't be inconsolable if it was Danielle Kang's match which sealed victory for Europe after she previously said that she wanted to make her opponents cry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cracking finish at the solheim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭Xander10

done, it was only a matter of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Now to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Nice!! Well done, that was fantastic entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

And its won! They were great but Leona was best of all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Scrabbel

I don't think that Sky commentator has really copped it that it's guaranteed at least 14.5 points and a win. At least Dottie Pepper has.

• Advertisement

There she goes again. Clearly hasn't realised Pedersen is dormie 3 or added it to the 14

A couple of late missed putts cost the USA dear

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The US did well to make that as close as they did in the end, looked genuinely interesting for 15-20 minutes. Great 3 days overall, Maguire made it special and really enjoyed the course, set up really well for good match play golf.

Mel Reid giving the finger to some USA "supporters". Obviously getting some verbals

• Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Mel can be a nightmare, if she worried more about concentrating on a few putts she'd have won or halved that match easy. Infuriatingly casual standing over them. Putting her with Leona was inspired, chalk and cheese.

I could have played with Leona and we would have won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It will be a bit anticlimactic to retain it through a draw. Should be a play off to decide an actual winner

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's been a guaranteed 14.5 points at least for the last half hour since Pedersen went dormie 3. Commentator took an age to realise that.

Dead right charley hull. Jog that Hennie wan along with her awful questions

• Advertisement

To be fair to Mel Reid, she sank a couple of really good putts on the back 9 yesterday and then, of course, the 18th. She did her bit in that match. Disappointed not to get the half there, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That two point lead they carried in from the first two days turned out to be vital. Any closer and it could have been very nervy indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Great interview with the Maguire sisters there, Leona's coming of age this week I think.

Fair dues the women, see yis all in Estepona!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Great tourney, great to see Leona do so well..Terrible coverage from Sky, Dottie was so pro US it was a hard listen at times, particularly when it looked briefly that they had a chance of winning the thing. As for both the on course ladies…Jesus wept they were so bad it was funny ….roll on 2 weeks where hopefully sky have the A team back out..

Richard Kaufman is a great commentator, one of my favourite golf comms of the lot. Disappointed he got benched tonight in favour of the Aussie.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Congrats europe and especially the star Leona, might be slightly harsh but if Mel Reid had given her some help at all Sunday afternoon Leona would have had a 5 point haul.

Notable Reid and Popov, who had been shaky to say the least in the fours were soundly defeated in singles.

The SC like the Ryder is a putting comp for all purposes. The best putters on both teams contributed the points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Really enjoyable few days

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Super few days, whets the appatite for the Ryder cup.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Reid gave her some help by winning the last hole for the tie. Also made a couple of big putts, notably on 12 to win that hole too. So, slightly harsh I'd say for sure. Salas early on and Kupcho were putting and even chipping in for fun. It was a really good match and tie was fair enough. Also, Reid had a putt on 18 to tie yesterday. Wouldn't say that constitutes sound defeat exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Salad and Kupcho did get every break going on Sunday. I could only imagine if that match was relayed using strokes gained Europe win 4 and 3.

Reid to her credit did make the putt on 18. Ah also missed everything over 10 feet low for the rest of the comp.

Anyway, I didn’t mean to come here to bag out Reid. The post was meant to be in appreciation of LM

Advertisement