Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kin - RTE & AMC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cremefucidin

It was definitely him so! The only doubt I had was that it was in Reykjavík of all places. I watched the second episode of the new season in bed, got up a few hours later and flew to Reykjavík, got a bus to the city and checked in where I was staying, then walked out the door and Bren was the very first person to walk by me, bizarre haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Great post. Agree with you about Frank and Birdy.

Think Bren might have been with Frank he was so submissive and scared like Birdy was. Abused and vulnerable. I think both of them knew about the other and that day smoking the pipein Franks' was their little getaway from it. ( Bren being Eric's father by Birdy I mean and Frank pretending he was his for Birdy) Am I way off here? There have been nuances along the way. I thought in the very beginning they were ex husband and wife not brother and sister, and always feel Birdy is very maternal towards Viking. And by default, Nikita. The way she was with Jess Duggans mother was a good example.. All tiger mammy.

In a way its a pity Bren was such a caricature.

It might have dug a bit deeper to have a charming father figure who was an abuser also.

He was hateful in every way really. A bit too easy.

I think Mikey witnessed whatever happened with Jen the sister before the mother took her away.

If Molly does turn out to be Jen, that could be her damage from Bren's abuse working through her trying to show affection to her brother who looked out for her? But of course its all mixed up and sexualised?

And thats why she ran away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Lads seriously - Molly is Jenny? How would Mikey not recognize his own sister FFS

Honestly, that's just ridiculous. Just stop!

Yes, great show..

And great thread this. Enjoyed it as much.. nearly 😊 characters, writing and flowery language, in both!

I think Frank is dead. He saw the light at the end. All blue and white and sparkly.

Remember when he said to the priest that he hadn't seen the light when his heart stopped and that that was not good?

Either that or he shattered a disco ball.

Post edited by Goldengirl on

Lets wait and see.:)

Thing about Kin is they mentiin something briefly in one season and expand in the next.

I don't think she was a randomer.. No such thing in this series..

And look at her eyebrows, same as Mikey's 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

This is the most retarded theory anyone has come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Season 2 was significantly better than the first, mainly because of Bren so I'm not sure will the next seasons be as strong. It needs more horrible characters, the rest are just not believable that could run a massive drug operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

🤣

Nobody escaped Bren's horrible comments. Poor oul dog there minding his own business over a pint.🤣🤣🤣

@citizen6 Thanks for that most edifying comment.

Good to know that you have an opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement

Yes certainly .

Misspelled the word 'mention ' 😊

Anyway still stand over the premise that she is not a random character , the eyebrows note was just a bit of humour .

There have been many off the wall theories . One that supports the notion that Molly was just out for a bit of rough before she got married was one...

Why introduce the character and go with more than a one night stand unless there is more to it ?

Or maybe I am just seeing too much in it .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

It was to show a softer and emotional side to Michael after his brother pulled him up for not being with anyone for years, once his heart was broken he was too weak to keep Amanda at bay

Michael shagging his own sister that moved abroad to avoid her father and sneaked back in as a pharmacist is off the wall

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Agreed. People are overthinking things. This isn't Game of Thrones! Jenny and her Mam will no doubt turn up at some point but they're not going to be introduced by Michael having slept with his sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think it showed that mickey would love to be out of the drugs circle and enjoy a normal life with a normal girl and raise his daughter.

He's in it cos he was born into it. He doesn't get off on the traipings of wealth and bling. He's in too deep, it would potentially be a bullet from his own family if he tried to get out.

There's still a mystery on how Anna's mam died....did he do it , or did he take the fall for it as the bullet was meant for him, or was he in jail for something different?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Niall_76

Also showed Amanda being jealous. I think she has something to do with Molly’s disappearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I don't know, maybe a big bribe to get Molly out of the picture? It's not implausible.

I always wondered if maybe Anna shot the mother.

Mickey comes home, high on whatever leaves the gun on the table and passes out. Anna would have been toddler age, picked up the gun and fired it accidentally hitting the mother. Mickey then took the fall for it. Anna too young to remember/blocked it out. ...that's my theory anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,786 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It'd be an interesting angle if Amanda did 'have a word', but seems like that would have (should have!) been shown on screen over the course of season 2.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Yes maybe it is off the wall as a theory , lol, but its such an annoying plot hole not knowing what actually happened to Molly and where the mother and Jen went !

They talked more about it this season so hopefully next time all will be explained .

Yes she is very possessive of him , and she appeared a little off kilter going on about the mystery pregnancy so maybe she is going off the rails a bit ?

A lot to contend with , losing a son , running a business, never mind it a being a major drug empire , dealing with aggression from Bren and Jimmy after a miscarriage , beloved only son getting involved in murder and criminality , ..be enough to drive a woman over the edge I would think .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just got round to watching S2. Never started it when it was airing weekly, having thought S1 was just good. Not great, just good.

But must say I enjoyed S2. Overall a solid show. Of course a bit clichéd in parts, but it's only a tv show, it can bend reality a wee bit.

A poor man's Love Hate perhaps, but that did set the bar very high tbf.

I will miss my drone shots of the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The production company behind Kin has gone into bankruptcy and with the writers and actors strike the show is probably dead now.

• Advertisement

Double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

From what I’ve read online series 3 was already filmed with the fourth planned but that could be nonsense

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Season 2 and 3 were filmed back to back so they do indeed have it ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jesus the last strike in the US killed off dozens of great TV shows, I can't find fault in the 99% of writers and actors on strike fighting for a fairer deal but f off to the rich and famous pounding the pavements for the publicity take a page out of Tony Sopranos book, James Gandolfini took a whopper amount off a pay hike from David Chase and HBO back in early 2000s and divided it up to his fellow cast and crew the man was a legend.

Yeah season 3 was filmed and season 4 was due to begin filming in September when Daredevil was finished so Charlie would have been able to do both.

Can RTE & AMC find another big international production company to take it on the strike could effect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

As said previously in this thread, Season 3 was never filmed. Despite some planted news stories to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The American strike wouldn’t affect Irish writers either btw. There’s no disruption to (say) BBC or ITV productions for example

Peter McKenna is the only writer on the show and if he isn’t a member of the US writers Guild then he can write to his hearts content

However the strike would affect this series as it is a co production with a US Network so any of the actors on the show that are members of SAG-AFTRA would not be able to work on it unless they had a waiver to work on it.

Charile Cox, Adian Gillen, Emmett Scanlan, Maria Doyle Kennedy & Sam Keeley are all regulars on US series so they would all be members of the actors union.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

sad to see it go as the 2nd season was miles above 1st season and a 3rd would probably have been better again .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,304 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's not just a matter of finding a company to take it on. The big question would be about who owns the intellectual property of what has been filmed to date. If the company that owns the IP has gone bust, the receiver will be trying to sell that IP to the highest bidder.

Advertisement