Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Interesting then that when Clare Dunne (Amanda) was interviewed on the IFTAs red carpet on Sunday night, she was asked what might be in store for S3 and she told the reporter that they didn't even know yet if it had been green lit and that the media usually hear before the cast and crew do.

Doesn't sound much like a full season in the can to me, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'm not sure but there has been reports for quite a while that season 2 and 3 were filmed back to back

Kin season 3 gets green light as RTÉ to film hit crime series back-to-back - SundayWorld.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Have we got a reliable source for that? All I’ve seen is the Sunday World reporting that then the Irish Mirror quoting them and Dublin Live quoting the Mirror.

The cast seem to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

should be good!

Usually how it happens

First report in Sunday World alright

Is that accurate or reliable?

I don't know

• Advertisement

On Amanda being pregnant earlier in the season she was back at IVF clinic and doctor wanted her to stop and take a while after the miscarraige

Myself and me husband want a child.
    But if you're not willing to help us,
    we can just go somewhere else.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=kin-2021&episode=s02e02

It's unclear if she continued with IVF or not

• Registered Users Posts: 85,120 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hopefully that drippy cu*t dog and his scruffy looking owner will play a bigger role in season 3. Still, a fairly iconic scene for them this season, similar to the cat at beginning of season 3 in love/hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Well if Amanda or Molly ever need anyone to give them a baby, I'd be up to the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New family in season three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Somehow I couldn't see the Burke's gathering around their 14" black and white TV for Kin. Bren would have them coming out in hives!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭GavPJ

• Registered Users Posts: 28,418 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sure Turkey is a great spot for a bit of reproductive tourism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Billy Meehan might have something to say about that

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PortClonMountholdingsPtyLtd

I read that Kins showrunner stated a while back that it would be 3 seasons and that's that, now I'm reading that there may be a fourth, I hope so anyway.

Away from that, I was delighted Frank was the one to kill Bren(in my opinion Bren knew there and then that he was a goner, due to his line he said), do ya know something what I think I don't think Frank knew that Bren was a paedo, or that he interfered with birdy, (that was insinuated that he interfered with Birdy) it was never confirmed to us unless I missed something re Frank knowing, I know that Bren beat the crap outta Frank and it was possible Bren could've interfered with Frank as a child, as i mentioned I was delighted that Frank done the deed, but I'm raging that he done away with himself, the next season we could have learned more about him, I find that kin is premature, yet rushed, and gaps, however you feel engaged,

I wonder will the next season show Jimmy and Michaels mother and sister, even vikings mother, although my partner has this wild idea birdy(noticed her surname is Goggins, I wonder who her husband may have been and where is he now, i wonder does she have who own children) might be vikings mother, and Frank raised him as his own with birdy close by, my partner also has a theory that Nellie Wright that mother of the boys I think, is something to do with the Kinsellas, I mean there is an even bigger connection, Kin can be a bit vague on who's who to keep us guessing,

I should also add that although I didn't want Frank to go, I thought he shouldn't have been in Kin given Aidan Gillen was in love hate, at times I was saying to myself oh there's John boy, nevertheless he is a brilliant actor with great prowess and recognition, I assume that's how he landed the role, and he wasn't really like John boy, certain traits in my opinion were carried over, but I suppose that's what one might have limitations on as a person/actor, yet he's well faceted and has had a myriad of roles and is very successful in his own right, one of Ireland's emeralds.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie is filming Daredevil till the end of September so it makes sense that 2 & 3 were filmed back to back if they new he was going to be gone filming that for the best part of a year.

His Mrs is one of the original producers of the show that's how they got him on board and his name sells the show internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The papers say that the filming of season 4 starts late September, that seems to fit his shedule?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lampwick1942

Well, I enjoyed both series.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭iguy

I didn't realize he is British, no disrespect to him as he plays the role well, but it bugs me when non Irish people are cast to play Irish roles, we have plenty of wonderful talent in Ireland, some might say X y and z are better for the role, upon researching him I understand he's a draw for international viewers, in saying that based in Dublin, Ireland one would expect Irish actors to play the parts,

In my humble opinion, Aidan Gillen was also cast as he is renowned worldwide himself as a well established actor,

I find Jimmy played by Emmett J Scanlan to be underutilized, they could do more with him, and maybe season 3 is where he'll shine!

Also regarding Jimmy and Amanda, as we know Michael was Jamie's biological son, with Jimmy and Amanda going through IVF treatment, I'm wondering if Jimmy is infertile, that could mean that Anthony was born with the aid of IVF perhaps. There are so many unanswered plot lines...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Lot of Irish actors have had good gigs abroad playing Brits or Yanks dont think we can object if someone like Charlie Cox does a good job with an Irish role and his name gets the show sales.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Me too! Really enjoyed it.

I can't remember ever wanting to watch anything on RTE live (I.e. not record and watch sometime later)!

I have not read the last few pages of the thread but crossed my mind that it's not conclusive Frank is dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭iguy

I don't object at all, I merely stated it bugs me, like I said he's a draw for international viewers, or sales as you put it, I don't know about a good job though, but that's just my opinion,

I've kinda shot myself in the foot here, as much as I praised Aidan Gillen, he is international renowned, and has played characters that are Brits and Yanks as you put it.

Even Maria Doyle Kennedy played a Spaniard in the Tudors and Jonathon Rhys Meyers - Henry VIII.

I think it's the way I see it, there are loads of local talent worldwide to play characters in their own country, but that is the fickle nature of the entertainment world, it's a hard vocation to be in, I will concede that it(non natives taking up a non native role) does work in some cases, it's hard work, having to master the accent and mannerisms, etc.

Post edited by iguy on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Never an issue re non-natives playing Irish characters. We have a multitude of actors playing British, American, Australian characters. Always have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I would actually go as far to say on paper over 2 series it's superior to Love/Hate which only really got running and mainstream midway through Series 2, before that it was a ball of sheite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cremefucidin

I'm about 99% sure I saw Francis Magee walk past me on Laugavegur, the main street in Reykjavik, about a month ago. Anyone know if he's based there or whatever? He was by himself just walking down the street, kind of caught me by surprise, should've asked him.

He was filming an Irish-produced psychological horror there (The Damned) and is now filming season two of The Tourist in Dublin and Wicklow. Busy lad. Seems like Kin has opened a few doors for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Yep, The Damned wrapped filming about a week ago so it's entirely possible it was him

https://cineuropa.org/en/newsdetail/441793

He's back in Ireland now. Up in St Teresa's Gardens in D8 last Friday filming Season 2 of The Tourist according to this

https://m.sundayworld.com/showbiz/irish-showbiz/kin-star-francis-magee-pictured-filming-season-2-of-the-tourist-in-dublin/a1435105239.html

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Advertisement