Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luxemburgo

Gundogon the only real issue, might roll and see if Veltman makes a surprise appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The problem for those without Bruno is that he could easily go up another 0.1 before the week is out, and depending on who you are thinking of moving out they could fall 0.1m, so could be .2/.3 swing. He's was 3rd most owned for GW1, and currently now the most owned player at 55.5%. Sure he could blank next week or week after, but his ownership is such that when he scores you'll get hammered in rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I can’t wait to see the ownership percentages if/when Lukaku starts hauling and maybe Kane at city too.

Until then I’ll be having Bruno and Mo and captaining one of them. Maybe even Bruno this week as I think they might hammer Southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm thinking at the moment that the 0.5mill might work out useful in upgrading either ESR or Harvey Barnes if they continue to not deliver. I understand Reguilon has the assist potential and if Kane was staying I would think he would be worth the extra money but without a traditional type centre forward I don't think Spurs will get as many goals from crosses during open play this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I can see your argument, and I am considering the move to Bruno for myself (though I do think the poster who initiated my reply shouldn't make the move if it involves taking out Son and Greenwood). The question is, does the move need to be made right now? Is it worth a 4pt hit? For it to be worth a 4pt hit I would have to 1) either think that Bruno is a better captain option than Salah this week (which I don't), or 2) think that he'll make up the points elsewhere vs the players I take out for him.

For my team I would have to take out Mahrez and Ings for Bruno and a blank forward (would end up playing Barnes). Both these players were put in my team with a real eye on GW2 where they have some really appealing fixtures. Mahrez/City looked poor, but this is City at home against relegation fodder - it's the type of match where 5 or 6 goals is never going to be a surprise.

So:

1) Do I think Bruno and Barnes will outscore Mahrez and Ings by more than 4 pts? I don't really know - putting a lot of faith in Mahrez who is streaky but who does have the potential for a huge upside.

2) Am I willing to tear up my team/plans and end up with another non-playing sub (I already have Amartey and Tsimikas who both might be non-playing soon enough), basically making an early WC inevitable?

Or do I wait one more week, with a view that Bruno in one week only shouldn't do too much damage? Then can reassess in GW3 and move my funds around with a lot more ease with my 2FTs.

And going back to the Prodston's dilemma (who prompted my initial reply) - should he be taking out Son who looked really good and got a good haul? He would likely have to do Son and Greenwood for Bruno + some 5ish midfielder (of which there are no good options) + a 4pt hit. That seems a straight forward hold the transfer to me (my situation is less clear cut I'll admit).

While it might seem crazy and stubborn to continue going without Bruno after that first week, it's not necessarily that straightforward

• Advertisement

The issue is more about the price that Bruno will be if you wait until GW3 to bring him in, He has already gone up 0.1. If you wait can you afford him?

On the non playing sub issue - well I guess you knew the risks before going down that route.

Wouldn't be taking Son out or anyone - Son/Salah/Bruno should be staying in a team until they get injured - they are at the forefront of everything and can get double digit hauls for fun. I think TAA would be the premium player to lose out in someone wanted to bring in say Lukaku or KdB/Salah/Bruno.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭sheroman01

It's a tough one. If it's a straight swap to Bruno, then it's a little more straight forward. If I want him now, I also need to take a -4. Mane could drop and Bruno could rise another one or two times. If I don't bring him in, I'd lose 0.3/0.4m already.

Given that Mane has Burnley at home, I think I'll just stomach the prices rises, watch the United match behind the couch and wait until next week to do Mane>Bruno and Greenwood>Sarr (or whoever looks decent by then).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yeah similar boat. The last point you make is a good one too - it gives us one more week to have a look at everyone. Lots can change from GW1 t o GW2. For example, last season Spurs looked useless GW1 against Everton, and then put 5 past Soton in GW2. There's players in my team (Ings, Barnes, Wilson, Mahrez) who I'm unsure of (despite some of them returning) and I'd love to have another week to look at before making my decision on which one or two to axe. Bringing in Bruno now forces me into that decision earlier than I would like.

Maybe I'm being slightly influenced by that, as I held on to Kane after GW1 after considering to take him out for Martial(!) - so last year I very much had a situation where sticking to my guns after GW1 worked out well.

This is the beauty and challenge of the game though, knowing when to be patient with your team vs taking decisive action

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yep it's not gonna be a case of Mr.P vs The World with Bruno, I just left myself setup in such a way that I'd need at least a -4 and selling Son and someone else like Barnes/DCL/Ings/TAA for a player I don't want!

The price rises are the concern, but he's already expensive so I'm probably gonna bank and hope for the best.

If the rest of my team hadn't rallied and gotten 97 points then my outlook may be different

It's at least interesting to be able to have the debate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

ESR looked really good on Friday. I'm not sure if his performances will translate well to FPL, but he's worth keeping in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Thoughts on Havertz... He didnt start the first game. Hate having a "premium" mid that might or might not start. Is there a better 8.5m option to get in or should I stick?

.5 ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Can limit the price rises by getting him the day he plays for the week after if he runs amok again. Injury risk be damned at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can we assume Cavani won’t be starting this weekend for Man U?

Almost certainly need to transfer him out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Need to offload Gundog....he was a pure FOMO signing tbh.

Some good options in the <=7.5m midfield bracket....already have Bruno so not keen on a Utd double up (Greenwood)...Sarr and Benrahma also in the mix along with Mount, Torres and forum favourite Spacecraft.

Aready have 3 Liverpool, 2 Utd and 2 West Ham so might diversify a bit if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

He's only starting training with the team tomorrow so don't know why you brought him in in the first place for GW1

Don't think he's going to dislodge Greenwood after his performance against Leeds but he might come off the bench. Last season he scored 2 goals coming off the bench away to Southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I have Barnes too.

it was a fitness decision more so than anything.

Rogers said before the game he was only getting back to full fitness after his injury & wouldn’t last the whole game

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Wouldn't go rushing Gundogan out of the team unless his injury will keep him out. Has the potential to do well next weekend as they may still go KDB on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mentioned in a previous post that I didn’t follow the news properly and he wasn’t flagged before the deadline so that’s why I had him.

Looks like I’ll have him as a gonner so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Anyone any advice on transfers for my team, stupidly went Havertz (c) as I forgot he played 120 mins mid-week and came on for 2 points to take from my Bruno VC. Stupidly didn't have salah either. Considering swapping out tony/bamford or Havertz but may blank

Sánchez

Alexander-Arnold

Shaw

Rüdiger

Fernandes

Havertz (C)

Raphinha

Mount

Toney

Bamford

Ings

Subs:

Forster

Smith Rowe

Tsimikas

Amartey

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Havertz and Bamford to Salah and Dennis if you have 0.5 itb. If there isn't 0.5 itb, then you're in a spot of bother.

You've got to have Salah and shouldn't really have Havertz imo, a lot of money for someone who isn't guaranteed gametime with Lukaku arriving.

• Advertisement

Sanchez Steele

TAA, Tsimikas, Shaw, AWB, Coufal

Salah, Bruno, Son, Mount (ESR)

Antonio (Obafemi, Percia)

101 to start so a nice opening week. Would probably have jumped on Pogba (swap with Mount) straight away, regretting the AWB a little because of that but quite happy with Mount at the same time.

Going to try to keep the hits to a minimum this year so I don't think there's any transfer screaming out above?

I'll sort the two dud forwards at some stage down the line.

Anyone else just going the one up top? Dennis might be brought in a cover with the 3rd spot a 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

I currently have Ings / Toney (Percia). Thinking of working towards Lukaku which would have to be in a 1 up front unless I want to completely change my team (which I don't 🙂)

We have 9 of the same players (8 starters), I've manged to squeeze Ricky up front with Antonio.

Maybe wait out a week and see how this week goes, i jumped onto the Pogba bandwagon, only because Pepe was going down so made sense. Having 2 FT up to the closing of the transfer window is probably optimal,

If KdB was to come good, you could potentially squeeze him in for Mount in 3 transfers. Or say if Kane moved to City, or Lukaku showed promise - getting him in 3 transfers be most optimal strategy.

I've no idea how Lukaku, KDB or Kane could be queezed into my team tbh.

Barring injury, I don't think I'll be dropping Salah, Bruno or Son anytime soon. They are FPL gold imo.

Going real cheap on defense might make one of the other three an option I suppose. Kane to City would be the one that would top the list by some distance, it would cover KDB in some way and I would be more than happy to just have Mount for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Chelsea have Spurs, City and Liverpool in the run up to GW6 so you could possibly wait a little while

Looking at my own team think I'm struggling to see who to cut lose for Rom as well. I have Salah, TAA, Bruno and will have Son. Think one of them will have to go unless I leave myself very thin in another spot

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ive got Perica as 3rd sub too but with Toney/Antonio . Have you decided when you are going to ship Perica out? Was half thinking of leaving him there until a wild card in GW7 but not sure if I'll get away with it knowing Antonios injury record

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Will we get this GW out of Tsimikas and that be it? I'll take him getting to 4.2 and the 0.1 profit at this stage and get out next GW if possible.

https://twitter.com/andrewrobertso5/status/1427646463396491270?s=20

He's just jogging btw, he's not back training with the main group yet.

Even though it causes me a problem in fpl I'd love Robbo to get back fit, think I'm not as obsessed with fpl as I thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Yeah I have Mo Bruno Son and TAA so it's gonna be hard to afford Lukaku while keeping all of those. Was thinking same about GW6 or so, it might come down to a choice between Bruno and Rom at that stage as United go into a tough run around then

Advertisement