Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Benrahma seems likely to rise tonight. I was hoping to have a few more days to procrastinate over Barnes out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Havertz & Cavani both look like a drop tonite. I wouldn’t be losing 0.1 at this stage of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

It's kind of losing .5 in a way.

If you had Havertz you now need a double move to swap to a same priced player from the start of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Greenwood playing against Southampton looks to me to be a transfer that could be worth taking a hit for. Team is not in bad shape but considering taking a -4 to dump Targett and Harvey Barnes for Dier and Greenwood. I know it might be regarded as a bit of a knee jerk move but Southampton looked poor last week and Greenwood could pay for the hit in one game if Man. Utd. keep their momentum going. Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If Greenwood was guaranteed his place in the team, then yes, but he could become a rotation risk by GW3/4 as Cavani gets match fit, and/or Martial gets more game time - are you ok to transfer in someone who you might have to transfer out again so soon? Is there a particular reason you started the season with Barnes? From the reports he's getting up to match fitness and that's why he was subbed, so I don't really see the gain in selling him if you believed in him enough to start the season.

None of the players you mention are closed to a price rise/fall so maybe sleep on it.

Mad to think Kane is likely to drop after 1 GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Havertz to either Zaha or Greenwood possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tempted to do Smith Rowe to Benrahma who looks like he'll rise in price tonight. Have .5m in bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Arsenal about to sign Odegaard apparently, so taht could be ESR's role under threat. Seems like a transfer worth making to me - Benhrama I think is one that is quite likely to be in everyone's team pretty soon imo, based on his price point, his GW1 performance and how well Lingard did in that role last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭eggy81

I have a midfield of salah Bruno Barnes jota and gilmour. I’m tempted to drop jota for city cover. I think firmino is going to take back the starting slot. He looks in much better form during pre season and last wknd than jota. Will give Barnes another crack at it. What do ye think regarding jota

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Jota is a tough one. I did him and Greenwood in from the start with the intention of getting rid of one or both after gw 2. I didn’t expect Firmino to be back looking good so early.

I think I’m gonna hold though. One more week to check out benrahma and if he plays the same attacking role I’ll get him in for Jota for his games against palace and Southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have Kane at the moment in anticipation of a switch to City.

If that doesn't go ahead I'll move to Lukaku and then swap Kieta for Son and Saka to Grealish or Bailey (Villa) with my money in the bank.

Even if he moves to City this week, is he match it to start?, seems like a waste of 12.5m, especially as the longer he doesn't play the more likely his price will fall. Most likely will fall before GW2.

You'll probably want that spot for Rom before you want it for Kane

I'd assume he's still been training but even then you still need to play matches to keep that match fitness so I don't think he'll start the first few at least

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Kane hasnt travelled with the squad to Portugal for tomorrow nights game in the Conference. They are saying it is so he can work on his fitness but it could also be transfer related.

When asked if Kane could face Wolves on Sunday, Spurs head coach Nuno Espirito Santo said: "I cannot answer that. What I can tell you is that he is better, his fitness is getting better each day.

"He will join the group on Friday and on Saturday we will make a decision about who is going to be involved in the next game."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Looks like Harry won’t be scoring in August again

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

Over 100% to drop on fpl statistics tonight as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Not sure what to do with Gundogan. I'm actually happy to bench as I've Digne who I'd very happily start. Issue is Gundogan is at over 70% price drop at the moment so I doubt he'll survive the drop until next week. I'd also much rather have 2FT next week as can start to make plans for possibly getting Lukaku/Son in. 0.1m drop this early is as good as a 0.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pep's press conference this week should help you. Wouldn't do anything until that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Fwiw I'm inclined to keep Gundog and start him at the weekend (unless Pep states that he's deffo out)....huge potential if he starts and could even get a vulture points haul if he comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I love Gundog from last season but didnt most of his returns come mainly from when KdB was out injured and he later played deeper towards the end of the season? I ddint see the Spurs game, what position was he played?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

At the moment, I'll probably bank the transfer and see what 2 FTs can do me for GW3.

No real problems as such, and currently benching Harvey Barnes so that's the only headache. Unless I downgrade him this week in order to eventually upgrade Mahrez to Bruno or Son.

He signed a new contract this week at the club - so he might score to celebrate that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Think this wasn't actually true, it's was more a change made midway through the season (when kdb was out), but continued when he was back.

Ill be keeping and starting

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dermey97

Have Barnes and Gundojan facing same dilemma, stick or switch both?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think some of the Barnes stuff is hysteria. People who signed him in GW1 knew Vardy, Iheanacho and Daka were there. Nothing has changed since other than him not scoring anything in GW1. He was never going to score every week, this could be the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anybody keeping an eye on Joe Willock after his exploits last season at 6 million? I want two cheap enough mids to play each week after splurging on Fernandes & Mo.

At the moment I have Mount and changed Barnes for Benrahama.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’d be looking at Mbeumo and Sarr if I were you

Willock definitely warrants considering after last season, Newcastle prob should of scored 4 last week. So if he nails down a place he could be in a decent attacking side

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Don’t think I could stomach having a Newcastle player, never mind a midfielder for them. Awful, awful team.

Might be relevant if you wanted to get on that train early

https://twitter.com/raisbeck10/status/1428650829247098880?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

+1 for Mbeumo, seems to be playing up top with Toney.

Created a chance when surrounded by Arsenal defenders and was right behind Nørgaard when he headed in their 2nd.

Advertisement