Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 2 Transfers

• 13-08-2021 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

So seen as people are already planning towards a WC in GW4 just opening this up now. Plenty on the watch list

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I'll be transferring in a city guy for Norwich, do you think it'll be safe to wait til they play on Sunday for price rises? (I have exact monies)

People were fairly gung ho on clicking the buttons last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I dont know which of my players will my get injured yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Steady on. Seen as though Im here will hopefully bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wildcard…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Operation bring in Bruno is kicking off. Disgusted with myself for caving already.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Not sure if I should transfer out Jota. Probably smarter to bank and hope he plays at least an hour if he starts or half an hour off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm planning on BB'ing in GW2, my team looks fine with the exception of Benteke who didn't start today. So might switch him to Dennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Connolly to Dennis & 0.5 ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Benteke has a good chance of starting next day.

I'd be holding and banking if I were you.

• Advertisement

I'd like a City player for the game at home to Norwich but I think all of mine have a reasonable chance of returning points so I'll probably stick with them. I'll be watching the game tomorrow with interest though.

Lukaku is obviously also of interest but it'll take 2 to get him in so waiting for when I have a transfer banked or I WC.

Other players on the watchlist include Ricardo Pereira, Adam Armstrong, Bryan Mbuembo and Adama Traore following their performances today and yesterday but I'm not mad enough about them to use a transfer on them right now.

Same, was gonna move Greenwood to Gundo. I'll be watching if he's more defensive or if he's allowed run free.

No harm to have a free transfer for GW3 which has the tricky captain pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,798 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I feel like Greenwood/Jota are both very likely to be rotated in/out of squad this season,even in short term - whenever likes of Cavani is back, or Marital starts a game, and then we saw Jota subbed off for Bobby - hard to know. Mount is probably the safest bet.

Pogba could be the bandwagon player to jump on - most likely will go up at least 0.1m this week. Thankfully there is no game on Monday, so should get to see the City assets before any player rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Mane >Bruno

Seems an obvious one but means I have no City assets for that Norwich game.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Rael

Generally happy with my team for next week so I might just swap Brownhill for Gilmore as he looks to be getting more starts. Then save two transfers for when Ings’ fixtures turn nasty and swap him for Dennis possibly.

That’ll give me £3million and allow me to move Greenwood to Son or Benrahma to an £8.5million midfielder, and Tsimikas to Ayling or another £4.5million defender at some point.

Of course it’s only week 1 and loads of things could happen, so I’ll wait and see what next deadline day brings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Was going to bank, but am seriously considering bringing in a City attacker.

Will see how they play today.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

2 players i will be dumping in the next few weeks will be toney and shaw

toney got man of match for a few flicks and defensive work but doesnt look like hell score much

shaw overrated he ended last season crap and hes off on that form again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Tend to agree with you on Shaw but with Uniteds fixtures I’d be reluctant to not have any defensive cover in there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pogba anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pogba is the greatest player in the world, Mane will never score again and Ings will net last minute pens every gameweek ;-)

League is only starting. Toney can find the net, only time will tell how much in PL. Shaw has been excellent and had a decent Euros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Barring injury, I will bank.

Only Toney and Shaw haven't returned from my 8 players so far. Both were picked with an eye on the first 5-6 GWs, not just this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Obviously transferring them out is your own decision, but I'd have to completely disagree with all your logic on both Toney and Shaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Maybe better value but you're saying as if he's terrible from a footballing point of view. He's the best left back in the league alongside Robertson. Also he was threatening going forward yesterday.

Ricardo Pereira is the one I'd be looking at if I were getting rid of Shaw.

Then again I don't understand how lads can write off a player after 1 performance when they thought that player was worth putting in their team to begin with.

Toney has 4 decent games now and I'd be looking for attacking returns in 2 of them. For 6.5m what else can you realistically expect?

He's the same price as Stones who I'd rather have when he's back. But Shaw is more than 50% owned, gotta consider that too

Don't think he starts every game? (Any Utd fans that could correct me?)

Pogba 4 assists and got 16 points thought hed get more tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Armstrong for pukki. Don’t know what I was thinking with pukki cos of his fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’m just not sure I can enjoy any Man United if I don’t have Bruno. Think I need him for my mental health more than anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Have Deeney and Cavani conundrums.

Cavani a pity. Didn’t cop he was red flagged. Have only Cancelo going into City vs Norwich next week.

Also have Reece James who is likely need to move on. Any suggestions?

Gonna be difficult to not tear Antonio out. Playing as a decoy today

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Was going to bank but might do Jota to Benrahma. He is carrying good preseason form into the league, has good fixtures, should be nailed and saves 1.5 mill for Kane/Lukaku in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I would like to bank this week but Buendia to Sarr is the one that tempts me. I was feeling quite set on it after watching the game yesterday, but having seen Newcastle ship 4 and Brighton’s only goal conceded being an absolute scandalous refereeing decision, I’m feeling like I can wait a week to increase the amount of information available to make my decision with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Raphina to benrahma for me I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think I might bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Write out for Dier. Arsenal are actually worse than last year so can't see too many clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Thinking Mahrez to Torres. Huge doubts over Mahrez starting v Norwich, he had a shocker today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

If gundog is injured I won’t have city cover for Norwich at home. I will have to take -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd like to bring a City player in but no idea who so I might just bank. Torres might not be bad as a punt if you knew he'd play next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

I have Greenwood, thinking of switching to pogba for the price rise/rises. Am I mad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Reckon I need shot of Bertrand. I imagine COVID will sideline him for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

Gundogan to Pogba done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Just found out that Targett was taken off at half time due to playing so bad so might switch him out for Eric Dier. Spurs defense seemed solid today so I would likely try play Dier next week in hope of some clean sheet points. He may be dropped for their new signing but having the .5mill would be handy to upgrade elsewhere and I am likely to play an early wildcard and could sort out replacing Dier if that becomes an issue then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Have you considered Reguilon? Now I didn't watch the match today but he's usually a very attacking full back and got 6 assists last year dispite being rotating a bit. Hard tell if he'll play all the time but if he does he's well worth the 0.5m over Dier.

Raphinha to Benrahma is tempting alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Barnes to Benrahama done, Leicester have a lot of attackers and I wasn’t happy Barnes was hauled after 75 mins on Saturday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement