Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be happy for your children to receive covid-19 vaccine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

They got the best medical care available, come back out of that rabbit hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

More to the point, i wonder how many were given Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquin!

Are you actually just openly trolling at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Such a devisive issue and such judgement on both sides.

Both myself and my husband are fully vaccinated - got done as soon as possible. Have elderly vulnerable adults on both sides who are all vaccinated. Our children have received every vaccination they were due including the flu vaccine last year. We wear masks, wash our hands and have lost friends due to the fact that we wouldn’t attend parties and gatherings last December due to social distancing concerns.

But we will not be getting our (thankfully) healthy happy children vaccinated for COVID-19.

The vaccine has been around less than a year. It has been tested on children for even less time. MRnA vaccine technology is relatively new. We can be told “it’s for the greater good” “essential to get to herd immunity” etc etc till the cows come home - the health of our individual children is our number one and only priority. Call us selfish but vaccinating our kids with such a new vaccine to protect against an illness that has little to no effect on the vast majority of them and their peers is a step too far for me.

And every time I explain this position I feel I first have to qualify it with the statement above about us not being tinfoil anti-vax nutjobs. And that doesn’t sit well with me either.

edit: to phrase differently. It was coming across as a tone aggressive and I’m not interested in having an argument about it. I respect a parents individual decision with regard to their own children.

Post edited by Toodles_27 on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,976 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't think anyone under 18 should be vaccinated, certainly not under 12. Doesn't matter anyway once the HSE, NPHET are looking for it, the teachers unions will then demand it to protect their members.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

TBH, I don't think anyone has been called an anti-vax nutjob for being hesitant about vaccinating their kids, nor should they be. I think some of the arguments thrown out by some posters have been very much of the anti-vax persuasion, but a parent like you who simply wants to wait and see a bit more long-term data, I don't think anyone can really call that anti-vax (I wouldn't anyway).

By the time it even becomes an option here, thousands upon thousands of children will have been vaccinated elsewhere so there will be plenty of data and advice to base a judgement on.

However, the argument remains that if too many people decline to vaccinate themselves and/or their kids, and Covid levels thus remain high, then the probability of older people getting sick and dying despite being vaccinated goes up. That's the unfortunate trade-off. We don't really know how big of an effect it will have, but we're going to find out I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭grofus2

Look this up. They are collective of Dr's, lawyers, other professionals in Israel.

I still cannot post links to the forum which is, frankly, pathetic. Sort it out.

The Israeli People’s Committee Report of Adverse 

Events Related to the Corona Vaccine, April 2021

“Never has a vaccine injured so many”

Doctors for Covid Ethics

May 11·3 min read

The Israeli People’s Committee, an independent investigative 

group that comprises medical, legal, and epidemiological 

expertise, has released a summary report on the experience of 

mass experimental vaccinations in Israel, which uses the Pfizer

mRNA vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Thats it - we want to wait and see more data - IF there is actually any long term side effects of vaccine regards our kids. And nobody can possibly know that with a vaccine that is less than 12 months old.

I understand the trade off - I accept this trade off. Of course I don’t want any harm or risk to anyone including the older population and I would do all I could to prevent that - however that comes secondary to protecting my kids. I’ve done my research, looked at the studies and educated myself as best I can. I’ve spoken to our gp. Our gp has told me that as our children are healthy with no underlying conditions (thankfully) they don’t require the vaccine.

Unfortunately, with a 12yr old child, I fear our decision is coming sooner rather than later.

Post edited by Toodles_27 on

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭grofus2

Just alerting folk to the deception. Then its their choice, not yours, not mine

"The Israeli People's Committee" - no, in fairness, they sound like the sort of guys we should be trusting.

Obviously, I want to hear from the People's Committee of Israel and the Committee of the Israeli People before I make my mind up for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod: @grofus2 don't post in this thread again

As the safety of the vaccines long term is unknown I will not be giving the vaccine to children.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭AustinLostin

If they are approved for use in children then yes. If not, then no.

The vaccines clinical trials achieved all the safety, efficacy and GMP requirements for approval and used a standard process used many times every year for approval of medications.

to state otherwise is a lie

Anyone have any idea of the mechanism by which adverse effects of the vaccine will only present long after it’s administered?

Moderna vaccine now approved by EMA for 12 and up.

Whether you choose to vaccinate your kids or not, this is good news that it's effective and safe, even if long term data is still awaited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

That's a moot point, seeing as if they're not approved for use in children, no doctor or pharmacy will administer them to children.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭ebbsy

but that only lasts for 6 months, or am I wrong ?

Anyway he will need the cert, it will make life easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Zorton

There is no way I will be getting my kids vaccinated with the Covid 19 Vaccination.

We have already looked into Homeschooling and if there is any discussions around mandated vaccination for school attendance - they will be pulled and the application submitted.

Children do not need the vaccine and the risks of side effects will heavily outweigh any risks associated with them getting Covid19.

I am sure you have data to support the assertion that the risks of the vaccine will be higher that the risk of Covid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 paulos

Yes, I would get my daughter vaccinated if it becomes available

• Registered Users Posts: 27 paulos

She's a 15 year old in the high risk category and her doctors have said she would be high up the list and they would have no hesitation in recommending it

According to our own CSO stats - there have been a total of 69933 people between the ages 0-24 yrs who have had PCR confirmed Covid-19 infections and NO confirmed mortality !!

0-14   26145

15-24   43788

"Only 0.005% of coronavirus deaths have been children - so vaccine would have to be 'very low risk'"

An article to read from the British Medical Journal published on the 13th July -

"Covid-19 vaccines for children: hypothetical benefits to adults do not outweigh risks to children"

Pleased state were it says that "the disease in children is commonly mild" / "prolonged symptoms are uncommon" / "put the infection fatality rate from covid-19 among children 0 to 17 years old at 20 per 1,000,000"

" Meanwhile, a large number of children with very low risk for severe disease would be exposed to vaccine risk"

A report from the Faculty of Medicine in University of British Columbia -

Study finds schools are not at higher risk for COVID-19

"These findings show that, with appropriate mitigation strategies in place, in-person schooling is not associated with significantly increased risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission for classroom-based staff compared to members of the "

Parents who have written on in this thread worried about their children with underlying medical conditions - they should feel free to get the vaccination for their children. This in theory will give them the necessary antibodies to fight the virus.

But they should not be dictating that all children in the school need to be vaccinated.

Nor should teachers - who as a profession, have not yet been mandated to have the vaccination themselves.

And to those in this thread, of whom there are a few that have posted a high number of times (pro-vaccine) over the 12 pages (3 in particular) - why would I accept the findings from trials being carried out by the companies that are pushing the same said vaccinations.

There is no reason whatsoever to vaccinate children.

Nothing will convince me otherwise.

Please note - iot would not allow me to post links to URLS

The trials have been reviewed by multiple regulatory bodies.

But you know better

You didn't respond to any of the other points AT ALL.

Stupid negative attacking comments - start providing links, data etc ..

Refute the facts that I have posted with your links and medical journal docs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

So the long term data obviously isn’t relevant then? Hardly a scientific approach is it?

Point made deleted as rightly pointed out as incorrect.

Post edited by Zorton on

1 in 35,000 cases in under 24s here resulted in death. There is a tiny fraction of that risk with the vaccine.

Now what I was addressing was your assertion that because the vaccine manufacturers conducted the trials they should not be believed. This exposes your complete ignorance of the clinical trial process and is yet another example of how many continue to deliberately misrepresent the facts to spread doubt and forming division.

We are still waiting for an example of a long term effect of a vaccine not showing up within a short period of the vaccine being administered

Edit: was replying to post prior to this one but new interface somehow pulled in the latest post

• Advertisement

"1 in 35,000 cases in under 24s here resulted in death." - where are you getting this stat from ?

I just posted from the BMJ and CSO with actually real statistics showing no deaths in Ireland of nearly 70'000 under 24 year olds and from BMJ - / "put the infection fatality rate from covid-19 among children 0 to 17 years old at 20 per 1,000,000"

Also, please post the links to the clinical trials here so we can have a look through them and alleviate my complete ignorance of the process !!

Advertisement