Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest - Most Overrated Song - Live Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The Beatles - A Day in the Life Vs Disturbed - Sound Of Silence

The Beatles are overrated as a band, IMO, but not that song. That is the one genuinely fantastic song and not the least overrated

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop Vs The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love

Actually, another Beatles song that really is pretty good and not overrated.

Kings of Leon - Use Somebody Vs Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - Time to Say Goodbye

Love that duet

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe Vs Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall

Not terribly fond of Pink Floyd, and there's probably plenty of competitions where I'd vote for it as overrated, but not this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The Beatles- A Day In The Life (I love Disturbed)

The Beatles- Can't Buy Me Love (I just don't like The Beatles)

Kings Of Leon- Use Somebody (love Andrea Bocelli )

Carley Rae Jepson - Call Me Maybe (don't like this song at all )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

beatles

beatles

sarah brightman

carley rae

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Disturbed - Sound Of Silence

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop

Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - Time to Say Goodbye

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The Beatles - A Day in the Life Vs Disturbed - Sound Of Silence (original is better)

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop Vs The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love (trash song)

Kings of Leon - Use Somebody Vs Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - Time to Say Goodbye (The other song is better)

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe Vs Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall (I was very disappointed in this album)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The Beatles - A Day in the Life 2 Vs 4 Disturbed - Sound Of Silence

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop 4 Vs 3 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love - My Vote, but really Shane's vote so blame him.

Kings of Leon - Use Somebody 2 Vs 3 Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - Time to Say Goodbye

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe 4 Vs 2 Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall

PS. I can't see at what time those votes were posted yesterday, so counted them all.

Q21

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor Vs The Beatles - Yellow Submarine

Q22

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus Vs Cardi B - Bodak Yellow

Q23

The Pet Shop Boys - Go West Vs The B-52's - Rock Lobster

Q24

The Beatles - Yesterday Vs Paddy Reilly - Fields of Athenry

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor Vs The Beatles - Yellow Submarine

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Yesterday?! Ah here. OK, maybe the most-covered song of all time could be described as over-rated, but I can't bring myself to vote for it as such.

To be honest, Cardi B is about the only one I can vote for here on my default basis that all rap is over-rated. It's up against the only other song I'd consider voting for here too.

I don't know Rock Lobster - sounds a bit annoying, but can't comment on whether it's over-rated. Traditional Irish stuff tends to be under-rated I find - a lot of people happy to put it down, so can't vote for the Fields. Go West is what it is; I don't think it has any notions of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Beatles - Yellow Submarine

Cardi B - Bodak Yellow

The Pet Shop Boys - Go West

Paddy Reilly - Fields of Athenry

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

The B-52's - Rock Lobster

The Beatles - Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus Vs Cardi B - Bodak Yellow i wasn't aware that it was rated never mind overrated!

The Pet Shop Boys - Go West Vs The B-52's - Rock Lobster Love the song but it probably is overrated

The Beatles - Yesterday Vs Paddy Reilly - Fields of Athenry Beatles meh! All Beatles stuff is overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Jimmy Hendrix - Along The Watchtower Vs Oasis - Champagne Supernova

Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now Vs Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored

Ed Sheeran - Castle on the hill Vs Drake - God's Plan

Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think Im Sexy Vs The Beatles - Twist and Shout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

The B-52's - Rock Lobster

Paddy Reilly - Fields of Athenry

The Beatles - I Want to Hold Your Hand Vs Creedance Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain?

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart Vs Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me

Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity Vs Billy Joel - Uptown Girl

Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire Vs The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men

The Pet Shop Boys - Go West Vs The B-52's - Rock Lobster - Don't know either so can't vote

The Beatles - Yesterday Vs Paddy Reilly - Fields of Athenry - 2 great songs so refuse to vote.

Both pretty dire.

Now THIS is the sort of Beatles song that makes me think the Beatles are overrated. Though to be honest, FoA kinda is too.

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor 0 Vs 6 The Beatles - Yellow Submarine

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus 2 Vs 5 Cardi B - Bodak Yellow

The Pet Shop Boys - Go West 1 Vs 4 The B-52's - Rock Lobster

The Beatles - Yesterday 3 Vs 2 Paddy Reilly - Fields of Athenry

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

The Beatles- Yellow Submarine

Cardi B- Bodak Yellow

The B-52s- Rock Lobster

The Beatles- Yesterday

Q25

Black Eyed Peas - My Humps Vs David Gray - Babylon

Q26

Phil Collins - Against All Odds Vs Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

Q27

Green day - Boulevard of broken dreams Vs The Beatles - All you Need is Love

Q28

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday Vs Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

David Gray - Babylon

Phil Collins - Against All Odds

The Beatles - All you Need is Love

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run ; was wondering how long it would take for Captain Overrated himself to make an appearance

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Black Eyed Peas - My Humps Vs David Gray - Babylon - Dreadful song. if it was i gottta feelin i could understand how it might be considered overrated

Phil Collins - Against All Odds Vs Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights - don't think either of these are overrated but if i have to pick one

Green day - Boulevard of broken dreams Vs The Beatles - All you Need is Love - sorry but every Beatles song on here is going to get it form me.

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday Vs Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run - There's been a lot of talk about this song, maybe too much talk (see what i did there!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

David Gray - Babylon

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

Green day - Boulevard of broken dreams

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

Kate Bush Wuthering Heights.

Pass on all others.

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday Vs Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run - Don't think either of these are overrated

I do like PC, but that wouldn't be a favourite, and WH is great.

Both are fairly overrated in fairness.

Easiest choice so far. Don't like U2, they are even more overrated than The Beatles (at least I like a few Beatles songs), and I love BS & BTR.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

David Gray - Babylon - The BEP song is just garbage, whereas pub-singer David Gray's ascent to superstardom (in this country at least) is baffling.

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights - Look, I'll say it now, although it won't be popular around these parts, all Kate Bush songs are overrated. That voice is like a drill in my head, and this song is beyond annoying imo.

GreenDday - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - two good songs, I wouldn't say either is overrated, but All You Need is Love is one of my favourite Beatles songs so have to go for Green Day.

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday - again a tough call, but Born to Run is a classic and can in no way be considered overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

David Gray - Babylon

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

The Beatles - All you Need is Love

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

• Advertisement

Black Eyed Peas - My Humps 2 Vs 3 David Gray - Babylon

Phil Collins - Against All Odds 4 Vs 2 Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

Green day - Boulevard of broken dreams 2 Vs 3 The Beatles - All you Need is Love

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday 3 Vs 1 Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

Advertisement