Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Deck

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

By way of closure, my replacement arrived there yesterday - so approx 28 days between starting the process, to having a working one in my hands again 😬 Christmas in the middle there, but rough enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

In today's completely unnecessary upgrade I put the deck mate vesa mount attachment on the steam deck.

Serves almost no practical purpose other than it's at eye level so I don't have to be hunched over it in the dock when using the mouse and keyboard and it's a nice way to store it.

It just pops out when I need to use it handheld.

What was the RMA for? I’ve been using mine daily so far no issues apart from the left bumper made a funny noise when pressed, I pressed it very hard and it’s now normal.

really noticed the extra battery life and the screen upgrade is huge.

My RMA? Completely dead - black screen, fans spin, but no response from anything. I could initially get it into bios / boot manager etc, and even managed to go through a recovery from usb, but it gradually got worse until none of those boot key combinations did anything :o new one looking ok so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2 andydennehy

HI mine went faulty after 3 weeks , looks like it might be the battery , wont charge , steam said send it back for an rma and i heve to pay the postage .

Did you have to pay postage WOSSACK, if so how much did it cost.

thanks

• Advertisement

Didn’t have to pay postage myself, no.. they gave me a prepaid ups label (both times). It was a link to an ups site, that had a pdf label to print off. Once printed clearly (the site has you confirm), there’s a calendar to then choose your collection date. Ups then call to your door and take it off

it might be that they can’t rule out user error in your case (?) and that they want to take a look at it first, and may reimburse you your postage costs…? Am only guessing though

• Registered Users Posts: 2 andydennehy

HI Wossack , thanks. ya i am annoyed that they want me to pay the return postage , the unit is only 3 week old , i only have used it about 10 hours on it. not user error just stopped charging. i have a usb inline meter and when i plug it in it reads 14v at 0ma so the deck is seeing the charger but just not charging. will cost about 40 euro to send it back, mine is the lcd model, hope i dont get an old rma back. i will let ye know what happens

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I know I asked this before but can anyone recommend power bank for a 10 hour flight?

Dont want to spend too much as its only a once off holiday and the decks battery isnt going to cut it for 10 hours.

Thanks.

Adverts is your best friend I got two 60w 25000mah power banks. One of them will give 2 full chargers so you should get the 10 hours in depending on your game.

Just make sure you’ve got 65w or it won’t charge it properly

The Anker 737 I think it's called seems to be the best and a bit of a beast. Often on Amazon for sub 100,0But hard to get here for under 129.

Most planes have a usb charger in the seat these days. While it won't charge while you play it might extend the life by 2 hours. Especially if you switch it off to eat or watch a movie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The 737 power bank and charger are both savage for charging devices quickly. Not cheap as you say but well worth it imo.

Deck mate have updated their grips but are flogging off the old ones. You can grab the stick on one (this ensures the Deck still fits in docks) for 6 euro.

You can then add what ever attachments you want. The kick stand is pretty good. And the Pucks allow you to stick it to what ever you want and clip it on and off. A power bank or external drive for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Any got any first hand experience of how Helldivers 2 runs on the steamdeck. I've seen some varying opinions online but curious if anyone here has played it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

they have some 512GB refurbs right now for 379 euro, i got one.

I assume they're LCD not OLED?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, it says it in the specs further down the page

Display

Resolution 1280 x 800px (16:10 aspect ratio)

Type Optically bonded IPS LCD for enhanced readability

Display Size 7" diagonal

Brightness 400 nits typical

Refresh Rate 60Hz

Touch Enabled Yes

Sensors Ambient light sensor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone got the ps5 touchpad successfully programmed to a steam deck button on chiaki ? If so how ? can't get it working . OG steam deck .

Use chiaki4deck. Essentially the same but supports touch pad and HDR. I think touch pad support was due to be added to chiaki but not sure of the timeline.

Ok Thanks will install that .

Just wondering does chiaki for deck stop chiaki working or do they effect each other?

Both work, chiaki4deck actually installs much easier if you have chiaki installed. I've both on mine and not had any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Managed to pick up a refurb 256GB the other day, as the 64GB wouldn't let me proceed to checkout presumably because everyone jumped on it.

Dying to get my hands on it, and have a couple of long flights coming up that it'll come in handy for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Refurb model arrived yesterday, in brilliant condition, have seen videos with marks on the casing etc but mines practically brand new. Looking forward to getting emudeck and what not installed on it

Advertisement