Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Install a dark mode reader extension/add-on for your browser. It will convert the site to dark mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

So is the soccer forum gone or what? Apparently its on "groups" but nothing is there as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Bad.

Really, really bad.

it was fine the way it was, not perfect, sure, but at least an enjoyable experience.

this is dire

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭hometruths

boreds.ie redirecting...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is some threads missing as search showing very old threads only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭hometruths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I've just made the jump to the 'alternative' site and I won't be posting anywhere on Boards.ie again until the current mess is sorted - except, obviously, the threads about the shambles. The man from Del Monte says YES! Anybody else got the balls or are you all going to roll over and let the Boards Admins etc. continue to treat you like mushrooms?

https://****/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Agree it’s totally bad. Not just a little. Need to rollback or lose some serious amounts of users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Yep I’m off there also. Rollback or no more ad revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

Mobile version: is it possible to sort search results by date? Otherwise it’s pretty useless

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

The bar that appears when you tap your profile picture seems quite buggy and closes itself after tapping a lot of the time (iOS and Safari browser)

A suggestion would be to leave it on display without the need to click your profile picture. Removing the x and adding a button for My Forums (whenever they make a return) would be a huge improvement imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

The forum is now unusable, this can't possible be what anyone envisaged because it's a total disaster, how did it go so bad? there was nothing wrong with the old format imo, I mean nothing is perfect but it was functional and pretty user friendly.

This would be ideal and make everything easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Was it the same IT lads from the HSE they got in for the do the redesign? It is appalling and I couldn't be bothered much anymore here since it is too much work to navigate or find anything. It was great site but this is a case of fix it till its broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This...

I am struggling since the revamp went live .

Can't find my threads , keep getting old threads that are closed.

Can't navigate this system .

Can't look at this screen for too long as the words start blurring together .

I know it was well meant and will probably be better sometime in the future , but will all the regular boardsies still be here if it is such hard work ?

Can the " how to navigate the system " be added to in a little more detail please?

Also what does level 3 mean? Got an email to say that I had been promoted and directed to a blank page !

And what does the points on the profile mean ?

My email was up for all to see for the bones of a week until I " found " my profile and changed my settings back .

That is not on and I am more than a little annoyed about that !

All of the headings on the home page seem to lead to blank pages . No privacy policy , for example .

This has probably been flagged already in all these pages previously but , I really can't wade through the whiteness anymore.

Very very disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭thesandeman

@HeidiHeidi A good few pages ago you mentioned that somebody had flagged a previous post of yours.

I flagged your post mentioning that just to see what happens and I've been brought to the end of the whole thread and I can't find a way to get back to whichever page it was on.

So, firstly apologies for flagging the post.

Secondly I've missed out on 50+ posts because I've no idea what page @HeidiHeidi 's post was on and I can't get back to it no matter how many times I hit the back button.

Thirdly every time I mention @HeidiHeidi the name turns blue and I'm afraid Ze (just being PC) gets some sort of a notification and thinks I'm a stalker or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Site is very hard to use without the My Forums function working. I have to go into each forum individually to see if anything was posted. No way to follow forums on desktop either.

• Advertisement

OK. I've just tried to clear out 59 pages of threads I've followed over the years in order to make it easier on my eyes if can just stick to the first couple of pages.

I've given up on the fast moving threads due to the pain except this one.

As is seems I have to take the star off each one in order to unfollow I got as far as page 16 when I came across a thread about a dog who had gone missing which I created for a friend many years ago (both now RIP unfortunately).

Anyways, I looked at it for old times sake but guess what happened?? I'm back at the feckin' start of this this disaster of an upgrade when I hit the back button.

Anyone else reading all this thinking they should have been following forums all along? I've never used it.

Another one for ye.

Apparently the ones in the first pic have new posts.

Second pic (if they post properly) will show that there was no activity since mid June.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Then getting this after posting I had got a blank post:

^^^

I had nothing to do with the colours or sentiment btw.

It should also be static as one scrolls, ie remain as available task bar at top of ones screen so that you dont need to scroll all the way back up to access its functions.

I have to click into a thread to make that top banner menu work at all. If I press any of the icons like bell or star on the latest posts page nothing pops up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

Annoyingly all posts are showing up as new because they are new in this system. You just need to click into each thread once and they are no longer new.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement