Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 2021 Assistant Principal in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kenrach

That's crazy our results were out in 2 weeks from interview. It's probably already been done but have you emailed PAS to ask when you might get them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Had my interview today. Board were lovely but found it v tough. At the end the chair said interviews were going on for another 2 weeks so expect results in around 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Results just out there. Happy to have made the panel! Congrats to all that paneled and commiserations to those that didn't this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Luckyboy13

Yes results out .Happy to have made the panel.Does anyone know how are called or will be called from this panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laggy67

The agony is over, happy to be successful, to those who didn't this time, keep at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 kknative

Congratulations to those who got through.

I did my interview today also, and oh my goodness, that was tough.

Blanked a couple of times, so wont be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AGER

Hi All - I am looking for some advice. I just got notice I made the AP panel; glad to have done so but placed early 70s on the order of merit on the open panel, which seems quite high (low?) to me. I am an external candidate (public sector, not civil service) so not on interdepartmental panel.

I think this competition expires June / July next year which is a good few months away. Does anyone know what are my chances of being offered a job and if so when?

Any advice welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Curranjo

Didn’t pass and missed out by 4 points. Does anyone know how to appeal the decision or is there any point?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tony29

Sorry to hear you were so close

What is the pass mark for each competency

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Curranjo

24 and got 20 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Chip22

Received the strategic exercise and interview results today, delighted to have made the panel. Commiserations to those unsuccessful this time round and best of luck to those still in the running. Waiting game now for clearance and hopefully appointment in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

I was succesful too. Has everyone from the previous batch been placed or are there still more to be placed?

I don't know much about the open panel tbh, but it would seem this AP competition and panels are moving very fast so I would think you have every reason to be hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

The panels will expire 31 July 2023. If you're on a Dublin panel I would think you've an excellent chance of getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 legaleagledealer

I an external to the civil service. I made the panel with oom mid teens. Iam totally new to this game. Could someone tell me my chances. Also as an external candidate who decides which dept you are assigned to if offered a position. Is it random? It is the Dublin panel.

Post edited by legaleagledealer on

Commiserations to the people who did not get through this time but do not give up .Keep going and it will happen.

Congratulations to everyone who got through amd commiserations to those who didn't. I am.servimg AP having.gone through the process in April of this year. The panel moved very quickly in our batch and PAS keep you informed throughout. For external candidates I understand garda clearance isn't taking long at.all. for serving civil servants, being retained by your dept will depend on no. Of vacancies. I signalled to PAS of referred location area due to commute reasons and they were able to accommodate this at the time (no guarantee).

For now enjoy the celebrations 🍾

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mat_s2020

I'm delighted to have made the panel in batch 3 and have placed well. Could anyone give me an idea of the current batch and OOM being used to make appointments, and also how many in a batch (assuming it's the same number in each)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AGER

Good to hear Kenrach - can I ask did you give a preferred department or just location? I know they will never guarantee anything but there are a couple of depts. I would prefer given my background. Also would prefer city centre location (Dublin) for commute reasons too; I presume most depts are city centre based with some area offices in suburbs

It was location due to commute. I would share your dept. preference based on your skillset and location however you will receive the standard answer that they cannot guarantee they can accommodate your request which is fair enough. Best to make it known now and I sent this to the AP clearance email.

• Advertisement

Can I ask did you send your preference when you were on the panel or when you were offered the position

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

The way recruitment is going right now (well, before the summer quiet period), I would be very confident that you will be called.

Almost guaranteed to be called, IMO.

PAS will decide what department/organisation you are assigned to. When they reach your place in the open panel, you go to the next employer in the queue. So effectively random.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JD92

Happy to have made the panel, commiserations to those that missed out (it was a case of try and try again for me so don’t give up). I placed mid 20s in Dublin (Inter-D) but I’m also number 2 on my regional panel (Offaly) and was wondering if anyone from previous batches has any info on whether the regional panels have moved at all or if you just get your OOM for each of the regions you applied but only the Dublin panel is actually moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jijj22

Thanks so much for all the info throughout this competition. I’ve found it soo helpful. I am in the current batch being interviewed. Just wondering what is the end date for interviews this batch? Has anyone got a date late Sept?

Can I ask please when you made you preferred location known to PAS .Was it while you were still on the panel before offer or when they offered you a position.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

SAE report and presentation gone in for interview next week.

Over a year in to the process now, it seems silly to at least not give it a go at this stage but can't say the appetite is huge.

In that time, I've also already made the jump from private sector to public sector Local Government and all going well so far.

Would be interested to hear from anyone similar and recently appointed if they're happy with the move or too busy to reply on here any more!

I emailed the AP clearance shortly after I received results. I was in the top 10 so figured I wouldn't be waiting too long on offer and I was right as I was contacted to formally start clearance process 10 days after receiving results.

I emailed the AP clearance shortly after I received results. I was in the top 10 so figured I wouldn't be waiting too long on offer and I was right as I was contacted to formally start clearance process 10 days after receiving results.

Thank you

Would you have the email address you sent the information too please .

It's the AP clearance email - PAS wpuld have given you the address when you were notified of results ?

• Advertisement

If you have received your oom for Offaly I would take that as a good sign, I haven't received any placing for my other choice of County.

Advertisement