Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards in 1962

Options
1235»

Comments

ollaetta wrote: »
    Just back from a weekend in Liverpool. Went to a gig in a place called The Cavern. Four lads called the Beetles or something playing. They weren't bad.

Ah go way with that oul Sh!te will you, hippie nonsense. If they'd only get decent haircuts they might find proper jobs for themselves in Irish Sugar.

Brendan Bowyer now, that's where the future of music is going.

By the way, can I borrow, two pennies from you? I left my wallet at home and I need to buy 400 fags and 20 pints of Murphy's and 8 gallons of petrol for my Hillman Hunter.

A neighbour of mine was arrested for mugging a pensioner last week. 14 members of the Guards turned up to arrest him and they kicked the absolute bejaysus out of him in the back of the paddywagon. Judge let him off with a 20 year prison sentence locked in a room with 12 travellers and a rice pot for the lot of them to sh!te and p!ss into during the night.

Country's gone to the dogs altogether lads, I thought that was a fierce easy term.

And I'm expected to pay 20 pence per week out of my taxes to keep them living in that sort of luxury? Well I'll be voting Fine Gael next year, that's the party of law & order I'll tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

:)
    dd973 wrote: »
    I've given up on Liverpool F.C, they'll always be crap.

Don't give up hope yet, they've just won the 2nd division. Now Chelsea, who've just been relegated bottom of the league, there's a team going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Hopefully this will be Clare's year in the hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Mayo could dominate the football for this decade and well into the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Sadly no Regal for me anymore, but, the Savoy is where I'm at tonight, Dr. No for me, that bikini worn by Ursula Andress is hot, mammy does not approve...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm looking to change up from my Austin Seven (That new "mini" name they're trying to push on us will never catch on, even the Morris Mini-Minor version of it will just go back to Minor I'm sure).

Need something a bit bigger - should I buy a Ford Anglia now, or wait for the Hillman Imp to come out next year? I'm absolutely certain that that car is going to be a huge success and keep Rootes Group going til the 80s and beyond.

I'd go for something bigger, but really I think cars are getting too large these days - and on top of that my neighbour has gone and bought a second car for the wife so there's no parking left. Shocking behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Just back from the USA where I happened upon the most delightful young Negro comic. A Bill Crosby I think it was.

All clean cut with no smut or obscenities.

He made me laugh so much I think there must have been a little something extra in my Coke.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

L1011 wrote: »
    I'm looking to change up from my Austin Seven (That new "mini" name they're trying to push on us will never catch on, even the Morris Mini-Minor version of it will just go back to Minor I'm sure).

Need something a bit bigger - should I buy a Ford Anglia now, or wait for the Hillman Imp to come out next year? I'm absolutely certain that that car is going to be a huge success and keep Rootes Group going til the 80s and beyond.

I'd go for something bigger, but really I think cars are getting too large these days - and on top of that my neighbour has gone and bought a second car for the wife so there's no parking left. Shocking behaviour.
    You could save a lot of tax and buy Irish.

Get you a VW Beetle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just back from the USA where I happened upon the most delightful young Negro comic. A Bill Crosby I think it was.

All clean cut with no smut or obscenities.

He made me laugh so much I think there must have been a little something extra in my Coke.

Back from America are you for real, you must be mega rich!

Our village has only recently been connected to ESB.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You could save a lot of tax and buy Irish.

Get you a VW Beetle

The Anglia's assembled in Cork and the Imp will be in Santry!

there's an interesting comedian in the States called Woody Allen. I think he has potential in film

appledrop wrote: »
    Back from America are you for real, you must be mega rich!

Our village has only recently been connected to ESB.

My village is getting connected next week

Advertisement