Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards in 1962

Options
  • 30-06-2021 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭

Current Affairs/IMHO

I hope the situation in Cuba doesn't escalate into a full scale nuclear war

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

How do we discuss this, the Internet won't be invented for another 21 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Marilyn Monroe dies. Suicide or murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

GM228 wrote: »

Don't worry, we figured it out in 1945.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

What do you all think of Telefis Eireann? It's a great channel; could start a little earlier than 6 o'clock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Just back from a weekend in Liverpool. Went to a gig in a place called The Cavern. Four lads called the Beetles or something playing. They weren't bad.

• Advertisement

Some 20 year old is singing Blowin in the Wind, most likely a one hit wonder and we will never hear of him again, think he's called Bob Dylan?

I'm shocked by the Battle of Santiago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I'm shocked by the Battle of Santiago.

Not a great World Cup so far and can't see Brazil retaining it. Not convinced by your man Pele.

I was just chatting to two priests called Eamonn Casey and Michael Cleary. Found them nice enough, they could go far.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,673 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Some 20 year old is singing Blowin in the Wind, most likely a one hit wonder and we will never hear of him again, think he's called Bob Dylan?

That song will become very well known, but it never made the charts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

My young son just blasphemed, so obviously I lashed him with my belt around 20 times, until the wife said that’s enough, Paddy. I didn’t even make him bleed.

Did I go too easy on him?

That Mr and Mrs quiz on tonight's Late Late Show was interesting. I have a feeling the Bishop of Galway won't be too pleased tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

ARPANET is only 7 years away

I'm having awful trouble with my PDP1, anyone got some spare core memory I can borrow to test before we put it back in the crate and send it back to the US?

Has anyone else noticed the number of beatniks in the Grafton St area these days? They look absolutely disgusting in their crisp black polo necks and exquisite berets.

Has anyone else noticed the number of beatniks in the Grafton St area these days? They look absolutely disgusting in their crisp black polo necks and exquisite berets.

Hey, don't be a square, Daddy-o!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

branie2 wrote: »
    What do you all think of Telefis Eireann? It's a great channel; could start a little earlier than 6 o'clock though.

I was watching that "Late Late Show" on it there on Saturday night. It's a nice little summer filler, presented by that Gay Byrne from off of the radio. I can't see it lasting though.

I think skirts will get shorter in a couple of years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Where would I get part worn tyres for my Ford Anglia

I just saw this great revenge thriller in the cinema starring Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum. It's called Cape Fear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

President Kennedy’s approval rating is over 80%. I can’t see anyone stopping him getting a second term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭andyduefrine

I just watched, the first GAA match on the box, Kerry and Dublin at Croke Park ...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Where would I get part worn tyres for my Ford Anglia

I've been told you should really look for these new "Radial" tyres, but who'd have those I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Posted by Batling: America will give them commie Vietnamese a good hiding...they will be waving white flags before Christmas ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I wonder will we get snow this winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Collie D wrote: »
    President Kennedy’s approval rating is over 80%. I can’t see anyone stopping him getting a second term.

I've heard rumours he'll be visiting Ireland next year. Has some family down in Wexford, apparently.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Aren’t Fianna Fáil doing a fabulous job these days……

I’d be happy if they stayed in power for the next 60 years (at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭appledrop

The Americans think they will have a man on the moon by the end of 60's.

It will never happen they are dreaming.

My money is on the Russians.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Brazil are the best team in the world, that’s 2 world cups on the trot now….. my money is definitely on them for 3 in a row in 1966.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Was great. Could light heartedly slag fellow posters off and they would respond in kind without anyone running to the mods.

Woke was a state after sleep and people could laugh at themselves.

• Advertisement

I've heard rumours he'll be visiting Ireland next year. Has some family down in Wexford, apparently.

I have a bad feeling about Dallas if he plans to visit it late next year

Advertisement